Is "cute" really a compliment? Watch

GeorgeBuxey94
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
either way I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. I like being called cute, I've never felt it was an insult :dontknow:
You are very cute though
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
It's more to do with the impression a guy gets when she calls him cute. It normally starts with an 'awwww' and it basically means in most cases that she isn't interested in him in that way and even as far as saying they're not attractive. Consider how many times a girl might see a cute animal and call it cute vs. how a guy uses cute - that's basically how a guy hears it when she says it. There are so many more positive words a girl could use to describe a guy if she were talking directly to him, if she found him attractive.
For me cute is more like a behavioural thing than a certain look. And I'd only call someone I was interested in/actually found attractive cute so idk
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GeorgeBuxey94)
You are very cute though
lol thanks :lol:
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I'll take it no problem
Elliebeanie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WillChapman)
Alright mate calm down
Huh?
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theoluvscheese)
But then why is it ok to call a girl cute then? If guys feel it removes from their masculinity girls must feel like their not attractive enough to be called 'hot' or 'pretty' etc which is how I feel basically
They're all basically the same to me, though cute's not a word I'd normally use.
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
either way I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. I like being called cute, I've never felt it was an insult :dontknow:
I think it's probably the men who object more to being called cute, I guess we want to be called sexy and hot and manly etc. etc. - ''cute'' kind of always makes me think I've been friendzoned for some reason. However, if it's an American girl, maybe not. But I know what you mean. For a girl, it's much easier to be cute and sexy, they kind of go hand in hand.
Bustamove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Never tell a man he looks cute... guys hate being called cute
User1824259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Means you're friendzoned.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by crosstalk)
Means you're friendzoned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really?
Crap.
WillChapman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

My girlfriend calls me cute sometimes and I dont mind it haha
AntisthenesDogger
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No it's a grave pejorative unfurled at your person.
SarcasticMel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theoluvscheese)
If someone of the opposite were to give me a compliment to do with my appearance, it would be 'cute' and it's been bugging me because I feel as though cute means I'm not desirable to anyone -_- is this true? Am I just not pretty enough?
Yes, it is.

If you would rather be hot than cute though well that is your problem.
Crystalz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think being called cute is offensive if you're female, it's better than nothing and i think a lot of boys find it easier to say compared to the usual 'hot' or 'beautiful'. I'd take it as a compliment.
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Reading too much into it. Nothing wrong with cute. It's a non-descript term which confers no negative meaning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by frankieboy)
I think it's probably the men who object more to being called cute, I guess we want to be called sexy and hot and manly etc. etc. - ''cute'' kind of always makes me think I've been friendzoned for some reason. However, if it's an American girl, maybe not. But I know what you mean. For a girl, it's much easier to be cute and sexy, they kind of go hand in hand.
Exactly, when a girl says cute to a guy who's hitting on her, it means "you're in the friendzone".
fayeswan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When a girl calls a guy cute it doesn't necessarily mean you're in the friend zone. I call my boyfriend cute, because by cute I mean lovely/sweet/caring etc, and I mean it as in "aww you're so cute, I want to cuddle and kiss you thank you for being so lovely". I call him hot and stuff too though. I think it completely depends on the situation tbh, sometimes it does mean you're in the friend zone :P

If a guy calls me cute, I love it, it makes me feel pretty/....cute haha :P

I think cute is a good compliment but I can see why in most situations guys would hate it if they were called cute by a girl, I'm sure they'd rather be called hot or something haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.1%
No (233)
75.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise