i dont think anyone likes me. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)
Ahh, that's too bad you seem like a genuine nice guy, I'm not sure why people aren't nice to you.
yeah i dont know either tbh
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i know, i just wish someone liked me.

all i hear on tsr is people abusing me as well.
Just be yourself and find people on here or in real life that accept you for who you are. I know this my be hard as insults may be coming in your every direction but you have to try because there is no point in trimming yourself to fit in with people.

There are hundreds and thousands of people in the world hence there must be some people who are your type.
King roflstomp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As a person to be liked is naturally wanted but you shouldn't change yourself. You'll find friends naturally and if it's an online thing then maybe go outside and go club or something or sports clubs etx something you're interested in mate
an_atheist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Welcome to life mate. Quit whining and get on with it, only way to make a difference. You don't need friends to get places, bu it is good to have them
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Keep it on topic please, and anyone trying to guess the anon person will be warned straight up, it is clearly against TSR rules to try and guess who the anonymous person is.
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'm not sure if you're being serious

i'm not if you are being offensive or nice tbh

i used too but all the hate on here with no one caring in rl has got to me if i'm honest.
I haven't been offensive?!

You haven't given proper examples so I can't actually give you advice - all you've said is you are shy and nervous and I've responded to that? :confused:
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Didn't see Rock Fan's post :eek: lol

Seriously though, If I speak my mind I will get banned, but it's the truth and I don't really care.

Your posts are annoying, we've given you real answers, but you haven't really took them in properly.

Facebook isn't reality, it shouldn't take over your life and you should just let it go, otherwise it will affect you mentally and it's not good overthinking things. I'm sure you're a great person, but 1 facebook rejection out of the many you've sent out shouldn't bother you, if they didn't accept it's their loss! Try getting more time outside, join a society, club, go to meet ups you find online - if you're into gaming/sports/or just general meet ups or something.

How much effort have you put into making friends? They won't come to you if you don't try, you've got to put in as much effort as they do. If you put in zero, they'll put in zero. If people don't like you for not be loud enough then idk, try finding a voice and more confidence to make new friends...You're not doing much wrong tbh, you just need to stop worrying about little things in life and look at the bigger picture.
Lionheart96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah i dont know either tbh
don't worry damoni. i recommend you talk to some irl about your problems. also stop refering to yourself in the third person
Async
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no one on here likes me because i unintentionally annoy everyone and just get called an attention seeker.

i had a facebook friend request rejected from someone i know in real life. apart from that, no one is really horrible to me, but i havent made any friends in ages.

so either people dont like me or dont care for me. im starting to think that not many people like me.

what am i doing wrong? why dont people like me?

also im keeping this as anon as i dont want people to know who made this thread.

Ticking anonymous means nothing. The administrators still know who posted this thread.
caiitliin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. You are seeking attention. The question is, why are you seeking attention? Why is your own approval not enough for you - unless you do not have it. In which case, try and like yourself, and accept that your own attentions are good enough, or at least learn to accept what's good about yourself.

2. If you embrace your own want for attention and affection from others, in the case your own attention and acceptance just isn't good enough, maybe it will appear less obnoxious and annoying to others. Pretending you are a selfless person who is meek and shy will just come across dishonest if you're actually seeking attention. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but others won't respect you for that, and it implies a lack of security in yourself.

3. God, I know it goes against a lot of the things I encouraged, but why the hell do you care whether people like you or not? Find security in yourself.

4. Don't ask yourself how you can make yourself seem more likeable. If you're asking things like that, your definition of yourself is too dependent on others. Do you like yourself? If you like yourself, you won't have to care about the opinion of others anymore. "The man who shapes himself to fit others will soon whittle himself away." Accept some won't like you; but if you stay the same shape, someone will. Like a jigsaw piece. Constantly change, and no one will see you as genuine: because, hey, you're not. You just changed that way so they'd like you. Stay one shape? People will know that's who you are. Some won't like you for it, but some will, and you'll connect with them. That's what's important. Be genuine.

5. Stop giving a f**k about the people who don't like you. It happens. People are unkind, and on the internet, there's much less social stigma to rationalise their behaviours. Social norms go out the window. It's why the internet is so full of crap and hatred, and why the business world is so cold and unethical.

Also:

"most people on tsr arent nice to me. luckily, i'm past caring."

Are you really past caring? Obviously not. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, evaluate what you actually want to be - aside from someone well-liked - and become it. You'll soon become comfortable in yourself and stop changing your opinions - like you just did - to suit others and what you think they want to hear. There's a reason people don't think you're genuine, and you're an attention seeker. There's nothing wrong with being an attention seeker - as long as it's a part of you. It's just sad to see you long for the affection and acceptance of others beacuse you can't accept yourself. And I mean that. I wish you only the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads