DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vegito)
Only a few friends here and hope.
TSR never really changes, so if you hope it will change you will be waiting a long time.
aoxa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmmm... maybe that's why I said people here judge others for which country the belong to? :rolleyes:
The majority of your post was just complaining of 'islamophobia' of TSR. Personally, I've never seen this to as such as an extent that you point out.

I've seen threads that point out some of the 'downfalls' of Islam, but that is religious debate. There are also thread like these for all religion, and for atheism too. It's debating. It's what people do - especially with much of the criticisms of Islam at the moment, arising from the fact that many terrorist groups/extremists do vile acts in the name of Allah - which is different to how most Muslims act.
Vegito
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
TSR never really changes, so if you hope it will change you will be waiting a long time.
Yeah, I guess you are right.
It's a Shame
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been here for some time now and everyone here only spreads hatred among others in some way. Mostly everyone is bullying Islam here like if they know everything about it when they aren't even true Muslims. A couple of totally liberal or ex-Muslims lecture people about Islam here like they are a phd holder in Islamic studies when they don't even know what Islam truly means.

Not only that but people here somehow have the right to judge others with out even knowing them personally?! I mean like for real??

I thought this place was for helping each other out but instead people here like to be racist and judge each other on which religion they belong to or from which country they are from.
This forum is Islamaphobic, racist, sexist and homophobic. In recent times, TSR have moved to the right politically.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I guess you are right.
Just accept it for what it is and avoid certain forums, such as Religion and especially Society.
User1824259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah. This site is overloaded with racism. Don't even know how people can even bear such pressure.
Vegito
Rep:
?
(Original post by aoxa)
The majority of your post was just complaining of 'islamophobia' of TSR. Personally, I've never seen this to as such as an extent that you point out.

I've seen threads that point out some of the 'downfalls' of Islam, but that is religious debate. There are also thread like these for all religion, and for atheism too. It's debating. It's what people do - especially with much of the criticisms of Islam at the moment, arising from the fact that many terrorist groups/extremists do vile acts in the name of Allah - which is different to how most Muslims act.
"Debating" and "Insulting" is totally a different thing. Most people here insult. There are many other non Muslim terrorist groups but I don't see people talking about them here. There are many good things Muslims do but i don't see people talking about that here as well.

Hence it all leads to hatred. People just want to thrash Muslims here just because they hate em.
Vegito
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Just accept it for what it is and avoid certain forums, such as Religion and especially Society.
I will from now on.
Vegito
Rep:
?
(Original post by crosstalk)
Yeah. This site is overloaded with racism. Don't even know how people can even bear such pressure.
I ask my self the same thing all the time when I come here.
h4mza
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's the moderators fault for allowing it. I remember 2 years ago, a moderator supported Islamophobia is one of the threads.
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah there are many racist and horrible people on here but you just gonna fight back with knowledge.
Farah_786
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
So...only "true" Muslims can criticise Islam? Which they won't because they're Muslims. So... no one can criticise it?
If you don't know what Islam promotes, what's the point criticising it?
Vegito
Rep:
?
(Original post by bittr n swt)
yeah there are many racist and horrible people on here but you just gonna fight back with knowledge.
You are absolutely right and that's what I intend to do.

But what I really wish is that people could just get along together and talk about the positive things in everyone so that all this difference between us would be finished.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Farah_786)
If you don't know what Islam promotes, what's the point criticising it?
Most people know what it promotes very well. That's not what he was saying, he was implying you had to be some sort of muslim scholar to criticise it which is clearly ****ing insane.
Vegito
Rep:
?
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
Most people know what it promotes very well. That's not what he was saying, he was implying you had to be some sort of muslim scholar to criticise it which is clearly ****ing insane.
Actually yeah, you do need to know everything because everything has a reason and you can't know that unless you don't know everything hence you shouldn't judge others on little knowledge that you have.
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been here for some time now and everyone here only spreads hatred among others in some way. Mostly everyone is bullying Islam here like if they know everything about it when they aren't even true Muslims. A couple of totally liberal or ex-Muslims lecture people about Islam here like they are a phd holder in Islamic studies when they don't even know what Islam truly means.

Not only that but people here somehow have the right to judge others with out even knowing them personally?! I mean like for real??

I thought this place was for helping each other out but instead people here like to be racist and judge each other on which religion they belong to or from which country they are from.
Hey!

There are certainly probably more "anti Islam" threads on here than say "anti Christianity" threads, but I think that's more because Islam is in the news a bit more than Christianity, so when people post news links, the press is more likely to cover bad things Muslims have done, as opposed to bad things Christians have done. So those threads make their way to TSR, as they are news.

And we don't just get news about what Muslims have done, but we get news about other stuff as well. But me getting all excited about security cameras, isn't going to get any where near the amount of traffic that religious debates do (I mean the technology forums are bare compared to D&CA!)

You then do most definitely get your "loud minority" as it were ie: those who absolutely hate Muslims, or black people, or women or whatever group they hate, and they are a minority, but they're a loud minority (They're also generally banned relatively quickly)

I should mention that being anti Islam generally doesn't mean being "anti Muslim" If people are insulting people, based on their faith, then go ahead and report them, though please do make the distinction between:

"I dont like Islam because it says gay people ought to be beheaded" compared to this:

"You're an evil person because you want to kill gay people, because your religion demands it" One is attacking a religion, and the other is attacking a person (Not allowed on TSR)

I've noticed that the Muslim v ex Muslim stuff seems to have FINALLY died down a bit recently, which is nice!!

At the same time, there are most definitely Muslims here who are also quite intolerant of people, and neither of these types of people are really allowed on TSR

If you do find someone breaking the rules, or negatively generalising about a group of people (Which may include religion), please hit the "report" button, however at the same time, please do bear in mind that there are definitely religious people who are also exactly like what I described above, except they don't hate people of their own faith, they often hate people of other faiths, or people who might be LGBTQ

Basically, if you see someone being an arse, click the "report" button please
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People on this website insult you just because they disagree with you. If you retaliate to them then you will get those cards and eventually get banned.
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by h4mza)
It's the moderators fault for allowing it. I remember 2 years ago, a moderator supported Islamophobia is one of the threads.
I can assure you that we do not allow people to abuse people, based on their religion. If you report stuff, then it will be dealt with

I also refer you to this post:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post54554429

"Anti islam" does not necessarily mean "Anti Muslim" The moment people are "anti Muslim" (Including negatively generalising millions of people) please feel free to report

We do also have a couple of Muslim mods. It's quite a varied group!
The_Internet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanielBaranowski)
tell me what good muslims do.

The reason people are talking negatively about muslims is the fact that all we hear in the news is about terrorist attacks carried out by muslims.

When the muslims are saying on the news "oh but they are not real muslims" why should anyone believe them?
Please don't turn this thread in to a debate thread about Islam. The thread is about TSR supposedly being a racist environment. Perhaps the wrong word for the OP to have chosen. Perhaps they meant "intolerant" instead
DanielBaranowski
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Internet)
Please don't turn this thread in to a debate thread about Islam. The thread is about TSR supposedly being a racist environment. Perhaps the wrong word for the OP to have chosen. Perhaps they meant "intolerant" instead
sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads