Help! Kind of freaking out.... [Easter Break, AS Revision] Watch

natashaellenx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
Wait...

Doesn't your family know you have exams or something? No offence but it is quite careless of them to take you on holiday

Take some revision with you...
Of course they know. It's not 'careless' either as the holiday was thought about and booked 2 years in advance. Pretty sure I'm not the only person going on holiday.
natashaellenx
Rep:
?
Contemplating deleting this thread now since it has become so off topic with most people just bashing the fact that I'm going on holiday. Not helpful AT ALL. At least I'm not going in term time, unlike a girl I know taking the whole week off to go on holiday.
Cant win with some people -_-
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Take revision with you. If the holiday was thought about and booked in advance by about 2 years then you would have known since you started AS that you'd be away over Easter so in all honesty, you should have been a bit more prepared, e.g revision earlier on in the school year.

Do as much as you can on holiday whilst enjoying yourself and when you come back work as hard as you can. Hopefully your family wont do this next year as it's a little bit unfair on you and potentially compromises your exam results a bit.
iwanevans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll tell you what my mum always says to me: 'Don't worry, work!'

There's no point in stressing over what you can't control i.e. your holiday. Just revise while you can and take all your books with you - don't forget the 8/9 hour plane ride you have too!

Good luck.
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by natashaellenx)
Of course they know. It's not 'careless' either as the holiday was thought about and booked 2 years in advance. Pretty sure I'm not the only person going on holiday.
Im just saying... the only solution is to revise on holiday and what a fun holiday it's going to be! If it were planned for 2 years then waiting 2 months until summer wouldn't have been such a bad idea. Anyway, you have plenty of time to revise after easter as well. Not forgetting we have another half terms during our exams.
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Scan your notes onto tablet or whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile
excaliburnus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure on how much computer access you'll have but I'd recommenced doing the following:

- If you're able to take a laptop/tablet with you then download a tonnn of revision stuff online. Like tons and tons. Every document you find online related to your subjects should be downloaded. Past papers, mark schemes, practice questions, articles. Absolutely everything you can find. Downloading stuff now means that you don't have to rely on the internet while you're there. Download a few episodes of a good show for your revision breaks..
- If you don't have some already: revision guides! If you don't have them, buy them. If you can't, then borrow them from your school/library.
- Go to your teachers and tell them your situation. I'm sure they'll set aside some time to give you some revision work.
- Revise as much as you can during your holiday.

If you can't do any of this, hope to God that you're some kind of genius that can cram everything in after Easter. Good luck!!
natashaellenx
Rep:
?
(Original post by iwanevans)
I'll tell you what my mum always says to me: 'Don't worry, work!'

There's no point in stressing over what you can't control i.e. your holiday. Just revise while you can and take all your books with you - don't forget the 8/9 hour plane ride you have too!

Good luck.
Thank you, pretty much one of the only helpful answers in this thread.
natashaellenx
Rep:
?
(Original post by excaliburnus)
I'm not sure on how much computer access you'll have but I'd recommenced doing the following:

- If you're able to take a laptop/tablet with you then download a tonnn of revision stuff online. Like tons and tons. Every document you find online related to your subjects should be downloaded. Past papers, mark schemes, practice questions, articles. Absolutely everything you can find. Downloading stuff now means that you don't have to rely on the internet while you're there. Download a few episodes of a good show for your revision breaks..
- If you don't have some already: revision guides! If you don't have them, buy them. If you can't, then borrow them from your school/library.
- Go to your teachers and tell them your situation. I'm sure they'll set aside some time to give you some revision work.
- Revise as much as you can during your holiday.

If you can't do any of this, hope to God that you're some kind of genius that can cram everything in after Easter. Good luck!!
Thank you! If there was an award for best answer, it's yours! Instead of just downloading past papers, I think I'm just going to print them off. I should hopefully receive my revision guides from school today too that I ordered last week! I've decided I've got two 9 hour plane journeys where I can revise, can do at least 15 minutes before I go to sleep every night so it shouldn't be too bad!
crozibear96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bring the resource materials you have for what you know/think are your weakest areas (for each subject), and maybe bring the textbook for your weakest subject (if it's not too heavy). You can always do some reading up on the plane. 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.95%
No (181)
76.05%

Watched Threads