Anyone feeling demotivated? Watch

kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
Videos like this could sort of help.
It really does, especially some documentaries on a particular topic you're interested

Right now I keep saying to myself "Just one more year until I leave this ****" as a way to motivate myself (my sixth form is quite boring).
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
What subjects are you doing?
triple science, English lang and lit, maths, business, dance, geography, german and tp, all higher too. cbaaaaaa
boods8897
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chocolatesauce)
what are you doing, like gcse, A level?
A Level. I need an A as well; I should get that but it won't be down to her teaching! I make notes and I'm going to revise a lot, just feels like the lessons are a waste of time and demotivate me for the rest of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't remember the last time I had any motivation :sigh:
kkboyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by chocolatesauce)
triple science, English lang and lit, maths, business, dance, geography, german and tp, all higher too. cbaaaaaa
You might as well focus on spending 2 weeks revising for 2 of those subject, and doing loads of past papers.

(Original post by boods8897)
A Level. I need an A as well; I should get that but it won't be down to her teaching! I make notes and I'm going to revise a lot, just feels like the lessons are a waste of time and demotivate me for the rest of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher started teaching things beyond the syllabus -.- I usually spend my time doing topic based questions, and making bullet points of the correct answers to ensure I remember key points to make on those questions. I'd suggest not spending way too much time making and reading your notes.

(Original post by Changing Skies)
Can't remember the last time I had any motivation :sigh:
But all your posts are full of cheerfulness. Don't tell me you have been trolling me
boods8897
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

My teacher started teaching things beyond the syllabus -.- I usually spend my time doing topic based questions, and making bullet points of the correct answers to ensure I remember key points to make on those questions. I'd suggest not spending way too much time making and reading your notes.
I swear ours is just going senile...
We get a booklet of past paper questions for each topic, which is good, so I sort of make revision notes and then answer questions on that section, but not done any in a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kkboyk
Rep:
?
I swear ours is just going senile...
We get a booklet of past paper questions for each topic, which is good, so I sort of make revision notes and then answer questions on that section, but not done any in a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about YouTube videos?
Charlie1o5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CrapDunGoofed)
Yeah man. Skived my Geology lesson today as well. Life goes on man.
#MotivationalSpeechOfTheYear
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It really does, especially some documentaries on a particular topic you're interested

Right now I keep saying to myself "Just one more year until I leave this ****" as a way to motivate myself (my sixth form is quite boring).
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't make the grade,the grade will make you.
kkboyk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't make the grade,the grade will make you.
I ain't turning into a letter!! :eek:
dariacramzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by guledyaqub)
i have to revise all of additional and go over core AND finish c3 part 2 and p3 part 2.
i come home every day and start off well and then i just get distracted or bored. i start googling "how important are gcse's?" or "can i get into UCL with mediocre gcse's?"
Most unis require at least a pass in your core subjects and the subject you intend to study. Some 'higher' unis may even require an A. For eg Bath requires an A in maths GCSE to study Psychology.

GCSEs are important but don't stress too much over them, the best thing to do is practice past papers (seriously, that's what I based my revision on and got really good grades)

I think GCSEs are mostly important for building up and getting used to working, something you'll really need for A levels.
boods8897
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about YouTube videos?
I'd forgotten about them I'll have to have a look for some good ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Demotivated with my life yes

I'm not even in education and I am just demotivated to do anything.
MissLalaxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a report, an assignment, a portfolio, law exam, 2 hour accounting exam and work. So my life is a shambles and I'm procrastinating way too much. I need some motivation ASAP!
DeadEnd_96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This video is for those of you that lack motivation

kkboyk
Rep:
?
I'd forgotten about them I'll have to have a look for some good ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you tell me your exam board, I can PM you some playlist and videos that I've got

(Original post by Inexorably)
Demotivated with my life yes

I'm not even in education and I am just demotivated to do anything.
Though I'm currently demotivated with life, in the past I used to join random clubs like taekwondo for a few months, and then join a different one just to spice life a bit

(Original post by MissLalaxx)
I have a report, an assignment, a portfolio, law exam, 2 hour accounting exam and work. So my life is a shambles and I'm procrastinating way too much. I need some motivation ASAP!
Why not glorify a few lawyers and do some role play?
RainbowKiwi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Uni work is getting too much for me. I always feel inadequate and my low self-esteem and confidence keeps making me think I'm not good enough to do anything compared to everyone else. Some days I think what's the point? Yesterday was one of those days.
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Feel a bit demotivated/fed up from thinking about my future and how scared I am about attending a work place for the first time.
boods8897
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you tell me your exam board, I can PM you some playlist and videos that I've got
AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads