Anyone else think Topgear will be complete gob****e without Jeremy? Watch

username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 41b)
Hear Hear.

May has said the three come as a package so, for all intents and purposes, goodbye top gear.

And when the Tories decriminalise license fee non payment, goodbye BBC.
You know the decriminalising just means you can be taken to civil court rather than criminal court? Not that there won't be repercussions for not paying your licence.
41b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
You know the decriminalising just means you can be taken to civil court rather than criminal court? Not that there won't be repercussions for not paying your licence.
I suspect that upon decriminalising so many people will stop paying it that the government will have to effectively legalise it.
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 41b)
I suspect that upon decriminalising so many people will stop paying it that the government will have to effectively legalise it.
Because going to civil court is something everyone is willing to risk?
41b
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
Because going to civil court is something everyone is willing to risk?
A million people signed a protest over Clarkson in a week.

The worst case scenario for non-payment of the license fee would be a much reduced fine.

I think there would be enough people willing to test case it, and whatever boundaries the test case established might well be pushed by forthcoming legislation (hopefully UKIP/Tory get elected again ).
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stefano93)
It's like Match of the day without Gary Lineker,
for the serving of your purpose here, this is about as badly chosen an example as can be imagined. Because GL took over from a long-serving legend, Des Lynam, whom people were then calling irreplaceable.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
No I think it will improve.. you can be funny without being a ignorant ******* you know...
Which Jeremy Clarkson is not, aside from this latest punching incident. And part of the reason he made it funny was the sort of jokes and comments he'd make (if that's what you're referring to with "ignorant *******").

The show works with all three of them together, and it will simply not work without Clarkson.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Top Gear has been ****e for at least 5 years anyway
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Top Gear is so popular because of the rapport between the three presenters. It'll be rubbish now.
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After seeing a literally thousands of names banded around, there's one that intrigued me a bit. If they managed to keep May and Hammond and then add in sabine schmidt as well i think that could work. I think it would be salvageable with them three (still not as good but possibly watchable). She's been on before and had good chemistry with the boys, she knows her stuff and is a good driver. The banter could be based around boy v girl, german efficiency vs the bumbling british etc etc.

I also think she's enough of an unknown to be able to build a character that will seem real which you wouldn't get with a chris evans or steve coogan.
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To answer the question, probably yes. Top Gear was gob****e with Clarkson mind - the one episode of Top Gear I enjoyed was when they raced across London.
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got bored with Top Gear quite some time ago tbh. Loads of overpriced, charcterless cars, and them banging on about how they can do 200mph and how much they cost. Big deal.

I now prefer the programmes where they hunt down and restore classic cars. Much more interesting, much more character, much more passion, much more variety.

For me, Top Gear just became like an episode of FHM some time ago. Pretty dated now.
Optimum_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope Clarkson, May and Hammond make another motoring show. Call it anything, I'm sure vast majority of media firms, ITV, Channel 4 etc would want it.

This won't be the end, I hope.
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blue n white army)
The banter could be based around boy v girl, german efficiency vs the bumbling british etc etc.
Why not just go the whole hog and have a French person on there with a string of onions round their neck, wearing a black and white striped top, and riding a bike?
valkyrie-grey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll miss Clarkson, I love Hammond and May but the trio together made the show. It's a shame Clarkson had to take things too far in punching the guy :/
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it will be like Countdown without Carol Vorderman....

Spoiler:
Show
so much better :rofl:
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeh of course. Jeremy Clarkson was the iconic figure of Top Gear but who knows, Boris Johnson might be a good replacement!!
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought it was getting quite boring at times anyway. They really, really dredged the barrel trying to come up with new 'funny' things to do and some of them were so contrived they were more pathetic than funny. On the other hand, sometimes it has been a genuinely brilliant show, I was impressed by the one where they drove to the highest point by road in S. America and then down all the way to the Pacific in Peru, it was really stunning.

Maybe some other format might work, but the truth is that car shows, like house shows, have been done to death and there really isn't anything left to do.
41b
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
I thought it was getting quite boring at times anyway. They really, really dredged the barrel trying to come up with new 'funny' things to do and some of them were so contrived they were more pathetic than funny. On the other hand, sometimes it has been a genuinely brilliant show, I was impressed by the one where they drove to the highest point by road in S. America and then down all the way to the Pacific in Peru, it was really stunning.Maybe some other format might work, but the truth is that car shows, like house shows, have been done to death and there really isn't anything left to do.
No one sensible cares about your opinion about Top Gear.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's like Match of the day without Gary Lineker, Countdown without Carol Vordeman, DOND without Noel Edmonds.

Although Richard and James are extremely entertaining, Sunday nights won't be as worthwhile now. Jeremy always had a way of words and knew how to entertain millions, **** it even Will Smith said he admires the man.

Anyone else gonna miss him and feel Topgear won't be the same?
Top gear would be **** without him.
No one can replace him.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rachel riley rocks because you get a boner over her?
Is that not obvious and the same for most straight males?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads