Honestly, how many of you are people pleaser's? Watch

Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
Hey JJ, haha good to know . Neither do I, usually help people out in their time of need, but sometimes it isn't reciprocated on their behalf. I don't have a problem saying "No" but I used to before when I was younger lol.
Ahh I see I don't do much for people, in fact I've hardly ever done anything for anyone. I can't say anyone has taken advantage of me or anything like that. It's just being nice and polite, that's it really. But I do employ a lot of sneak tactics to get out of social obligations or to avoid having to do a favour. Eg I'll get ghost if I feel that the moment calls for it. I'm good at hiding and dodging.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)
Ahh I see I don't do much for people, in fact I've hardly ever done anything for anyone. I can't say anyone has taken advantage of me or anything like that. It's just being nice and polite, that's it really. But I do employ a lot of sneak tactics to get out of social obligations or to avoid having to do a favour. Eg I'll get ghost if I feel that the moment calls for it. I'm good at hiding and dodging.
Legit I'm so quiet, my mates didn't notice me disappear once . Hahaha tell me about it, I actually lie a lot to get out of social obligations, mainly because the weekend is the only time I get to chill, but it's also the only time I get to see my mates so it's hard. I wanted to get out of one this weekend, but I don't have an excuse lined up, YET! hah. Your friends be calling your phone, JUICE MANe, where you at bro? Juice man never answers phone
Optimum_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To an extent, I think we all are. I can be quite dominant especially when it comes to group projects at Uni, however I can also be a 'Yes Man' when I'm at home (very much) or just hanging around with friends.
I guess it depends on the situation and where I am.
Juicy J
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Legit I'm so quiet, my mates didn't notice me disappear once . Hahaha tell me about it, I actually lie a lot to get out of social obligations, mainly because the weekend is the only time I get to chill, but it's also the only time I get to see my mates so it's hard. I wanted to get out of one this weekend, but I don't have an excuse lined up, YET! hah. Your friends be calling your phone, JUICE MANe, where you at bro? Juice man never answers phone
HI LOAFING hahaha LOL man's call reject list is longer than a jobcentre plus queue, believe dat. You're so sneaky lol, would you describe yourself as a social chameleon? BYE LOAF

you better think of an excuse for this weekend, time is running out. Tell them you're expecting to come down with the flu on that day, that might work
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HI LOAFING hahaha LOL man's call reject list is longer than a jobcentre plus queue, believe dat. You're so sneaky lol, would you describe yourself as a social chameleon? BYE LOAF

you better think of an excuse for this weekend, time is running out. Tell them you're expecting to come down with the flu on that day, that might work
Omg ahahahahha, quality bars there mate. Woahh never thought of that before, I guess I am a social chameleon when I want to be

I might just post on the event that I might be sick on Saturday lmfao
Juicy J
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg ahahahahha, quality bars there mate. Woahh never thought of that before, I guess I am a social chameleon when I want to be

I might just post on the event that I might be sick on Saturday lmfao
Lol "might be sick on Saturday. Sorry guyz. Cant make it, go on witout me brahs. Loafing." I think that would work yes
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol "might be sick on Saturday. Sorry guyz. Cant make it, go on witout me brahs. Loafing." I think that would work yes
or I could use the classic American movie line " I think i'm washing my hair that day"
Juicy J
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
or I could use the classic American movie line " I think i'm washing my hair that day"
But I thought you were bald? You sound bald...
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say I am
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But I thought you were bald? You sound bald...
I still like to condition my scalp

You know my deepest secret.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
No. Unless it's your SO, family (if they're good to you, mine aren't) or someone you want something from people aren't worth your time or energy. I went no contact with my closest/oldest friends recently so I'm at war with people right now. :unimpressed:
I did that back in 6th form. Bunch o skanks. Made 2 gal pals who are lovely though

thats like the opposite of people pleasing lol.
Juicy J
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I still like to condition my scalp

You know my deepest secret.
LOOL you're killing me loaf
Kaiju
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
only if i'm gaining something
LTG
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why anyone would actually go out of their way to please people is a mystery to me. I don't live to please people.
Limpopo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As i have got older i have changed. I used to be a people pleaser but not to an unhealthy degree. Now i please the really important people in my life and as for the others, i dont give a stuff if they are pleased or not.
ZolaCFC25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm either very nice or blunt as ****. If someone needs help and is nice, I will help. If someone is being noisy at 2am and I need to be up at a reasonable hour, I will break them.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like to make people happy and in return I feel good. Most people make it sound like you're gaining nothing but I think it's rather mutual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads