Kurds and Islamists clash in Haringey but not on mainstream UK News? Watch

DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
A majority of people have expressed some concern with immigration, and this is why over time immigration rules have been progressively tightened. That started about ten years ago under the Blair government. That is the government responding to public opinion.

Most people want something to be done about immigration, but are not willing to leave the European Union. What are you saying should be done then?
I don't know what should be done, I have 0 experience or knowledge in the field and it would be inappropriate for me to comment.

Although all those who took part in the demonstration against the Kurds should have been arrested and have charges brought against them. We need to show them that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable.
Marco1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by cake_lover)
Sorry just a little confused. Kurds are mostly Muslim right? So do the Islamists dislike the fact they retain their culture?
Kurds are Muslims yes, but they are not Islamists hell-bent bent on expansion and ultimately destroying human civilisation until it all conforms to it's warped edicts. The Kurds are reasonable people. Islamists are not reasonable because of their ideological fanaticism.
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
What good does it do?
Awareness. Knowledge is power. Everyone has their own voice and for example, participating on TSR, is not being powerless because your views are read by others. Nothing is gained by ignoring bad things and refusing to speak about them. Awareness brings wisdom which brings change.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marco1)
Awareness. Knowledge is power. Everyone has their own voice and for example, participating on TSR, is not being powerless because your views are read by others. Nothing is gained by ignoring bad things and refusing to speak about them. Awareness brings wisdom which brings change.
When something changes in regards to this problem drop me a memo. Because so far nothing has changed.
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
The people who are reading the article are almost completely powerless.
We live in a legitimate democracy. You're a free agent. You have infinite possibilities to make a difference in the world, one way or another. If you were held captive somewhere without any rights, then you would be powerless.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We live in a legitimate democracy. You're a free agent. You have infinite possibilities to make a difference in the world, one way or another. If you were held captive somewhere without any rights, then you would be powerless.
Could you show me where I said that people were powerless.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
participating on TSR, is not being powerless because your views are read by others.
I think you're vastly overestimating the TSR user base.
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
We don't report every pub fight, every football scuffle...Why does another fight deserve massive press coverage?
Because of the reason they are fighting.
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
I think you're vastly overestimating the TSR user base.
No. I used the word others which is true. It is impossible to quantify the ripple effect of course but if just one or two people find something of positive value from a post then I would say that's changing the world for the better.
Marco1
Rep:
?
Sorry just a little confused. Kurds are mostly Muslim right? So do the Islamists dislike the fact they retain their culture?
The Islamists don't like the Kurds because they are fighting against ISIS. I hope this is a better answer than my previous one. I think I misread your question the first time.
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Islamists don't like the Kurds because they are fighting against ISIS. I hope this is a better answer than my previous one. I think I misread your question the first time.
Ah okay. Also I assume Kurds are less stubborn with their beliefs and not as violent? Similar to Sufi's whom the Islamists also hate.

Is it safe to assume Islamists devlopes out of Wahabbism as its adherent seems to be quite stubborn on their views on Islam and disagree with others. Not to say all Wahhabist are extremist.

I'm Muslim but even all this still confuses me lol.
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's about time the UK actually dealt with these Islamists. Muslims and non-Muslims alike are threatened by these fanatics. There should be no problem from Muslims who are moderate individuals but these guys, no!!
cake_lover
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Raymat)
It's about time the UK actually dealt with these Islamists. Muslims and non-Muslims alike are threatened by these fanatics. There should be no problem from Muslims who are moderate individuals but these guys, no!!
I agree. As a Muslim being told to sort out these problems is frustrating. There's no Islamism issues where I live. I don't know the sulituation where it is a problem in the UK. What can I do? Maybe if we all work together we can sort this out. Instead of marginalizing moderates, join together and show unity, this could work wonders.
Marco1
Rep:
?
Ah okay. Also I assume Kurds are less stubborn with their beliefs and not as violent? Similar to Sufi's whom the Islamists also hate.

Is it safe to assume Islamists devlopes out of Wahabbism as its adherent seems to be quite stubborn on their views on Islam and disagree with others. Not to say all Wahhabist are extremist.

I'm Muslim but even all this still confuses me lol.
Okay cool. Sorry for misunderstanding your question first time. I'm no expert but I like to learn and seek the truth and make up my own mind as new info is revealed. The world is forever changing. In my opinion anyone who would choose to fight against ISIS is way better than anyone who would support them. I have nothing against Muslim people as we are all part of the human race but it's no secret that I do not like Islam. I mean no disrespect but it's my considered belief that it's ideologically and psychologically harmful. Nothing personal at all. The Sufi's seem peaceful and perhaps the most genuinely God-seeking of the different sects of Islam but then they are so thin on the ground in the UK. Alas, Islamism is a big problem in the world today and a real threat to human civilisation. Islamists want to erase human civilisation and replace it with their radical interpretation of Islam. That would be tragic indeed for the world.
cake_lover
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay cool. Sorry for misunderstanding your question first time. I'm no expert but I like to learn and seek the truth and make up my own mind as new info is revealed. The world is forever changing. In my opinion anyone who would choose to fight against ISIS is way better than anyone who would support them. I have nothing against Muslim people as we are all part of the human race but it's no secret that I do not like Islam. I mean no disrespect but it's my considered belief that it's ideologically and psychologically harmful. Nothing personal at all. The Sufi's seem peaceful and perhaps the most genuinely God-seeking of the different sects of Islam but then they are so thin on the ground in the UK. Alas, Islamism is a big problem in the world today and a real threat to human civilisation. Islamists want to erase human civilisation and replace it with their radical interpretation of Islam. That would be tragic indeed for the world.
That's your opinion and that's fine, I hold Sufi ideals myself so I'm very open towards different beliefs and respect them.

I know Islamism is an issue currently in the world. I just feel not enough is done to stop preachers of such ideals. I don't think its the mosque's that are the problem, as I've never met an Imam who preaches anything violent or harmful, always positive messages of peace and being good. I feel there's perhaps individuals who target vulnerable people to turnt them towards their extremist ideals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (123)
65.43%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
20.74%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
13.83%

Watched Threads