icecreamcake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have anxiety so I'm in a way constantly stressed? I get panic attacks which are awful. Though it's getting better now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carpe Vinum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I get stressed very easily. It manifests itself in several ways, but generally I get very anxious, constantly have a feeling of "butterflies in the stomach" even if there's nothing obvious to be nervous about. I also get heart palpitations, which is a bit scary :/ the constant feeling of being on edge is really unpleasant. It's something I can sometimes control by just taking myself 'away' -sitting somewhere quiet, and breathing through it. But other times it leads to panic attacks, where I'll lose control of my breathing and start heaving. It's horrible. Luckily I don't get them very often, but sometimes I'll get one for no apparent reason if I feel one coming on I'll start breathing deeply (I've felt one coming on at random places, like on the bus/tube, even during a rugby match once) and that does help. But if the stress i feel is extreme then I can't stop the panic attack from happening.

The stress leads to mood swings as well. I'll be quite content one day, then a few hours later I'll find myself in an extremely depressed mood. Then there's things like neck ache and stomach upset which I get pretty often when I'm stressed
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm always stressed. Even when I have next to no responsibilities.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I were stressed in the past whenever I had to fulfill the high expectations of my father. He wants that I make a career as a lawyer or a businessmen. That's why he expected good results at school and at university later on, but whenever I was not able to get the results, he was very upset, so upset, that he ignored me or worse humbled me, with words like "you are a shame as a son of mine", "you are a dissappointment of my bloodline". And so it was not the everyday life as such which stressed me, but the burden of father's expectation, everytime and everywhere! it goes my whole life on, feelings like anxiety were the rules, the thought of being failed in the view of my father were omnipresent, and I began to suffer mental pains by traumas. And why I did this all the time? just to make him proud, to 'get' his love which - I guess - has never existed. One day I began to realize that I was a plaything of my father which turned the table. And so it came to the crunchpoint of my own life when I was at 14 (or 15? I am not so sure anymore): I said him that I am not planning to become a lawyer or businessmen or something like that, I want rather to become a scientist. As this words of mine were said, he was annoying and upset at the same time. I got bravery and I said at last what I have thought about him all the time, namely that he is a ******* who is trying to realize his wishes and hopes in me what he never did for hisself. At the climax I told him that I hate him both as father and human, but especially as father!

The stress came to an end when my parents were divorced and I have sworn to do what I can and not what was expected. It was a relief, the whole life was getting easier for me. Found friends who support me, who believe in me. Thanks to him I have also found ideal sports which became a compensation to my student life: athletic sports and martial arts. So what are the points of my statement?

1.) Stress may the beginning of worse mental states.
2.) Stress can be caused by people, especially in familial surroundings.
3.) High expectations is causing stress all the time.
4.) People who have confidence in you helps to reduce stress.
5.) Sport helps you to reduce stress.
LostGear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am stressed because I am skint, literally. I reckon my life would be 100x better if money was no object.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
I'm always stressed. Even when I have next to no responsibilities.
And what do you do as compensation? or are you not able to reduce stress?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
And what do you do as compensation? or are you not able to reduce stress?
Nothing really. I'm in unemployed monotony hell at the moment. I should be applying for jobs but I am procrastinating online which I don't even enjoy doing. I can't say like goof around and watch TV or play a video game since I then feel guilty, plus that gets boring if that is all you do. I can't even focus on anything for that long since I am always worrying about something and trying to do something else.

Only thing that is stopping me from goign mad is goign for walks and picking up where I left off teaching myself general relativity when I was last unemployed. Since it is bank holiday tomorrow the volunteering I normally do on Fridays isn't on so I don't even have that to look forward to. I got a job centre appointment in 3 hours and I haven't providing enough evidence for my claim apparently and I am putting off phoning up because I hate phones.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
x
What about friends or your family? do they help you in such hard times? sometimes they are a good support...
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
What about friends or your family? do they help you in such hard times? sometimes they are a good support...
They think I am being productive :sad:
SelfImprovement.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have severe anxiety, I take St Johns Wort, I feel it works.

Anxiety can be hard to deal with.
JinJonJones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel so stressed; the pressure of getting the best grades to get into university makes me so worked up sometimes! However, I use it to motivate me in a positive way as to ease the stress you have to work harder to eliminate any doubt that you could possibly fail. Keep working hard for exams guys!!!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JinJonJones)
I feel so stressed; the pressure of getting the best grades to get into university makes me so worked up sometimes! However, I use it to motivate me in a positive way as to ease the stress you have to work harder to eliminate any doubt that you could possibly fail. Keep working hard for exams guys!!!
I would advice you nevertheless not to stretch things, otherwise it has a boomerang effect. It is not worth when it ruins your mental state.
parrot16
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I get extremely stressed during exams especially to the point were, I'm hot, sweaty and my pen is slipping out of my hand. I also can't breathe normally and can't calm myself. I get stressed if I haven't cried for a long time and can't sleep until I cry again- I know strange.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (77)
67.54%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.42%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.04%

Watched Threads