Awesome Genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by freedom)
- either she is busy
- either she is not interested
- or she is playing some mind game, and its working.

has she been online, like on whatsapp or facebook?

just chill and wait it out man.
I don't have her on fb, I don't use whatsapp

We use text
Exon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First world problems.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by ummm)
Some people are just bad at replying... irregardless of whether they're interested or not. I am. Stop over-thinking it.
I tested this theory once by sending her a message saying thst basically I was really hurt by her behaviour once and she replied within like 10 mins so I don't think this is the case
freedom
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Adipoptosis)
I don't have her on fb, I don't use whatsapp

We use text
you are just gonna have to wait and see.

why dont you have her FB?

if she has whatsapp, you can download it, and see when she was last online
SuziieB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No but this message needs a reply since it's asking her out tomorrow. We have been out 4 times before and each time it's the same nonsense but she says yes eventually like at the last possible hour.
Then let her be, she will reply. If you've been out before there's no reason to imagine she'd say no so calm down. If she's not replying then she doesn't feel like talking at this exact moment.

She's going to resent you if you keep pressuring her to reply when in all honesty she doesn't feel like having a chat.
RhymeAsylumForever
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I sent her a message like 4 hours ago. It was an awesome message, so loving and funny and still she can't be bothered to reply.

So upset.
Bro if she isn't replying to you, just leave her. When she replies (if she does), blank it for twice the time. Girls crave attention, don't give it to her.
purplehedgehog11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dude if she wants to go out, she'll go out. You shouldn't have to cajole her into it? Gotta admit I get hurt and annoyed by people not responding to messages, love interest or otherwise, but 4 hours isn't that long. It's when it's been days that I get really bothered.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Without going into too much detail, this girl basically has nothing else to do after about 6 anyway. So when she doesn't reply I know its because she doesn't care enough to bother.
There could be a really simple explanation? (Eg phone isn't on her, chatting with friends/family, went out, etc). But I do think that you can pick up on when people you talk to are deliberately ignoring you, so I'd say it depends on her usual behaviour when she contacts you.
phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was just asking her to come to this cool South Indian place with me tomorrow. It was funny coz I made fun of how she's becoming so 'brown' now with her tastes and I offered to pick her up and drop her and everything.

we have gone out a few times now and it's the same old ****

Lol are you for real? I wouldn't jump to respond to this message either. Just stick to the basics. Wanna come XYZ? If she says yes then talk about picking her up etc. Don't over think it too, you seen to do this a lot. Do you have any hobbies you can engage in to keep your mind off her?
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by phunky_fresh)
Lol are you for real? I wouldn't jump to respond to this message either. Just stick to the basics. Wanna come XYZ? If she says yes then talk about picking her up etc. Don't over think it too, you seen to do this a lot. Do you have any hobbies you can engage in to keep your mind off her?
I picked her up and dropped her off plenty of times before. And we've gone to places before too.

And no.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
DW peeps all is good in the hood.

I shall post here again when she does the same thing to me again next week.

Next week I'm trying to get her into a way more romantic place as well.
Smonnie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She's trying not to be too eager. Unlike you.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smonnie)
She's trying not to be too eager. Unlike you.
lol I guess, I'm just not bothered about all these facades. Im just a simple person.
Smonnie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol I guess, I'm just not bothered about all these facades. Im just a simple person.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some of us are **** at replying. (read: I'm not attached to my phone)

If it was that important, why couldn't you have just phoned her? I sometimes do this if I need a response now.

I've been out with someone who is really clingy and expects a response now. It gets rather tiresome after a while.
onry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I sent her a message like 4 hours ago. It was an awesome message, so loving and funny and still she can't be bothered to reply.

So upset.
guy its not that deep she could be busy,have forgotten or she doesnt know what to say back or maybe you sent her a dead text message. Try not to put too much importance into little things like that
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by OU Student)
Some of us are **** at replying. (read: I'm not attached to my phone)

If it was that important, why couldn't you have just phoned her? I sometimes do this if I need a response now.

I've been out with someone who is really clingy and expects a response now. It gets rather tiresome after a while.
She never picks up her phone! It just goes through to voicemail or its not turned on.

I personally think she makes it intentionally difficult to contact her to create an aura of busy-ness which I know she doesn't have cos she just does nothing after work.

Anyway, she does get back to me eventually, like 8am this morning.
Awesome Genius
Rep:
?
(Original post by onry)
guy its not that deep she could be busy,have forgotten or she doesnt know what to say back or maybe you sent her a dead text message. Try not to put too much importance into little things like that
Im working on it.
keladry
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mate you really need to stop going out with girls who aren't up to your "standards" because all you do is flood TSR with your whiny threads about how they haven't messaged you back straight away.

Honest opinion from a woman.

You're clingy, needy and annoying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (104)
17.81%
It's just nice to be back! (159)
27.23%
Not great so far... (210)
35.96%
I want to drop out! (111)
19.01%

Watched Threads