woodgreaves
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by AQUF42)
Hope all LSE halls has wifi connection
Carr Saunders definitely does and I assume they all will, should be displayed on their websites? However like with any public(ish) network the connection is not fantastic. Good enough to do work, not really good enough to play online on computer Xbox ps4 if that was your intention
annapurnaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how's the catering?
jamgriff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Honestly having catered food is really worth it. Its not amazing, but theres loads of choice and saves the effort of cooking a meal every night.
annanoon918
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

As an international student i have been struggling to pick a hall that suits me... i am not a very out going person and i am kinda worry that it would be difficult for me to make friends with ppl in lse having heard the rumours that ppl in lse are quite anti-social. I do not particularly enjoy clubbing though i do not mind going down to the bars maybe once a week(or maybe less....). Having looked at your overview it seems to me that Bankside is def not the place for me. I was thinking to pick: 1. High holborn 2. norththumberland and 3. undecided(quite inclined to go for Carr-Saunders though).

I am pretty quiet and i dont always go out.... wondering if Carr-Saunders would be the right hall for me in this case....

ps. if i ended up having to share room do ppl often get along well with their roommate?

pps. not sure if i am gonna firm LSE- do u guys enjoy lse uni life?

ppps. if unfortunately i do not get the 40 weeks contract and i have to move my stuff out of my room during easter n christmas where do i store my stuff?
AQUF42
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
U have got 10 minds atm
first decide what u are going to firm
fatchoyxd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just got an offer for Carr-Saunders Hall and I'm wondering if I could send them an email and request for a 38/40-week contract as I'm an international student or is the contract length only confirmed in August/September?
jamgriff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fatchoyxd)
I just got an offer for Carr-Saunders Hall and I'm wondering if I could send them an email and request for a 38/40-week contract as I'm an international student or is the contract length only confirmed in August/September?
I think the contract length is part of your application
woodgreaves
Rep:
?
(Original post by annanoon918)
Hi!

As an international student i have been struggling to pick a hall that suits me... i am not a very out going person and i am kinda worry that it would be difficult for me to make friends with ppl in lse having heard the rumours that ppl in lse are quite anti-social. I do not particularly enjoy clubbing though i do not mind going down to the bars maybe once a week(or maybe less....). Having looked at your overview it seems to me that Bankside is def not the place for me. I was thinking to pick: 1. High holborn 2. norththumberland and 3. undecided(quite inclined to go for Carr-Saunders though).

I am pretty quiet and i dont always go out.... wondering if Carr-Saunders would be the right hall for me in this case....

ps. if i ended up having to share room do ppl often get along well with their roommate?

pps. not sure if i am gonna firm LSE- do u guys enjoy lse uni life?

ppps. if unfortunately i do not get the 40 weeks contract and i have to move my stuff out of my room during easter n christmas where do i store my stuff?
Recently found out Carr Saunders is going to be 30 week contracts only for next year.

Generally speaking, people don't mind their roommates and just kind of get along with them but no more than that, but you never can know for sure until you arrive tbh.

You'll find people with similar going out levels and tastes wherever you are to be honest so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you can afford it, I would say high Holborn, as it is the best in many ways aside from the social aspect that you seem less bothered about
woodgreaves
Rep:
?
I've been told that Saunders is 31 week only next term, but you can book your room for the holidays if you want so it can effectively be 40 weeks if you do that
fatchoyxd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by woodgreaves)
I've been told that Saunders is 31 week only next term, but you can book your room for the holidays if you want so it can effectively be 40 weeks if you do that
Oh.... I was rest assured when applying because I saw your comment and I thought there would be a good chance that I end up with a 40 week contract. I guess I could possibly move my stuff to a LSE friend's accommodation with a 40 weeks or more contract during holidays. Do you know anyone doing that?
woodgreaves
Rep:
?
Oh.... I was rest assured when applying because I saw your comment and I thought there would be a good chance that I end up with a 40 week contract. I guess I could possibly move my stuff to a LSE friend's accommodation with a 40 weeks or more contract during holidays. Do you know anyone doing that?

Yeah I'm sorry about that, it was roughly 90/156 who had 40 week contracts for our year.

Yeah you could move your stuff to someone else's place or there's companies who come round and pick your stuff up and bring it back to you when you need it
AQUF42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone want to swap Bankside (Ensuite single room) for Roseberry (Communal showers single room)
Thanks
xx_roDriGo_420
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
saunders RULEZ aha lovin it
Ch98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is the social life that sh*tty a High Holborn or Bankside? Because they do have nicer accommodations but its not really worth it if no good social life...
john979797
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ch98)
is the social life that sh*tty a High Holborn or Bankside? Because they do have nicer accommodations but its not really worth it if no good social life...
Having the exact same thoughts!
JodieHarriett18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone else been given their room number from Urbanest Westminster?
kcereda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
are there any opportunities to come and see the accommodation before hand or not really? I live just outside London so it's easy for me to get there
choo_kelly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello, is there anyone who wants to swap a room in any other halls for one in Rosebery?
kcereda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you want Rosebery?
choo_kelly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kcereda)
Why don't you want Rosebery?
Hey, there! I would prefer a hall nearer to lse have you gotten your accommodation offer yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads