5 pieces of friut and veg per days? Watch

joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by frankieboy)
Noticed how expensive fruit is at the supermarket?
Aye it's ridiculous tbh, banana? Bout 10p, apple, bout 18p (30p for me tho cos granny smith init?), orange bout 30p, unless of course Lidl/Aldi got an offer going, then we're talking 10p for giant oranges, kiwi bout 17p.

It's a scandal, when I can get pack of walkers for 17p each when a good offer is on, or like a lion bar for 50-60p and....

...oh wait damn it lol.

Still though, veg is cheaper and with the sugar in fruit (banana not so bad though) is the better way to go, carrots/peas/sweet potato/broc etc, you can usually find a way to add it to most dishes.
SiminaM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why unrealistic?
I could eat 2 kilos of apples, oranges and strawberries anyday and lots of other stuff.
SnooFnoo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of your 5 a day only 2 are meant to be fruit due to the sugar content. Soz dudes.
polkadotti
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Smoothies really help me up my veg and fruit intake, I can get 2 servings of veg and one of fruit out the way before breakfast with 2 cups of spinach and a cup of mango in a morning smoothie! Then you can have a couple of fruit snacks throughout the day, salads, curries, wraps, sandwiches, pizzas with veggies in em... it's easier than you would think!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ever heard of a smoothie? You can literally drink your 5 a day in a couple of minutes.
mjrd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No point in 2 apples per day, it still only counts as 1 portion, it needs to b 5 diff fruits and veg per day. I eat at least 10, im a veggy. Mum makes us lots diff casseroles, curries, pasta and smoothies so that way you dont get bored or taste some of the horrid veg like parsnips lol.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mjrd)
No point in 2 apples per day, it still only counts as 1 portion, it needs to b 5 diff fruits and veg per day. I eat at least 10, im a veggy. Mum makes us lots diff casseroles, curries, pasta and smoothies so that way you dont get bored or taste some of the horrid veg like parsnips lol.
I love roast parsnips >.>
dinosaurdoodoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you don't need 5 pieces of fruit and veg per day, seriously. But you could have fruit juice with breakfast, an apple or banana with peanut butter for snack, a piece of fruit with your lunch or smoothie or whatever, and two veggies with dinner
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about this,although i don't know if it is still being sold. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/produ.../?id=285346696
vikassehgal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A healthy balanced diet is all one needs. All these fad diets and ''five a day'' rubbish sayings are just money making schemes IMHO.
e aí rapaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vikassehgal)
A healthy balanced diet is all one needs. All these fad diets and ''five a day'' rubbish sayings are just money making schemes IMHO.
Kind of true, except the 5-a-day thing is just a guideline to help people get a healthy balanced diet. Nobody makes money off it as a "scheme".
MayaFly7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I eat way more than five portions of fruit and veg a day...

But if you struggle then you could:
1) Drink 100% fruit juice or smoothies in between meals (either the ready prepared cartons or make your own)
2) Add dried fruit or a banana to your cereal/porridge in the morning
3) Have a portion of veg with your dinner

Dried, tinned and frozen fruit and veg are cheaper options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
11.11%
No (8)
88.89%

Watched Threads