redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by mrstudenttsr)
I just gave up trying to help you - though with your *****y comment here, you've just proven my initial point. Hope all works out well for you.
You didnt even try to contribute well ? You just came on here and started to moan at me and made it out as if it was my fault and even if it was you never really justified how it was my fault, so it was a false claim. Then when I told you my circumstances and how the job works you just went quiet so it seems as if you came on here to run your mouth and then leave when the time comes to contribute properly. So to say you came on here to help does not correspond to your other quotes.

I also apologized to the other person about ****ging them off about their education, it was just in the heat of the moment.
mrstudenttsr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IMBCFC)
You didnt even try to contribute well ? You just came on here and started to moan at me and made it out as if it was my fault and even if it was you never really justified how it was my fault, so it was a false claim. Then when I told you my circumstances and how the job works you just went quiet so it seems as if you came on here to run your mouth and then leave when the time comes to contribute properly. So to say you came on here to help does not correspond to your other quotes.

I also apologized to the other person about ****ging them off about their education, it was just in the heat of the moment.
Like I say, you're completely blameless You seem a wonderful, pleasant person that anyone would be lucky to work with.
redleader1
Rep:
?
Like I say, you're completely blameless You seem a wonderful, pleasant person that anyone would be lucky to work with.
Well done keyboard warrior
mrstudenttsr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done keyboard warrior
I can't help someone who a) doesn't want to be helped and b) has a massively large ego and can't admit fault.

On a list of all the important things I have to do, squabbling with you doesn't even make it. Please stop quoting me, as I'm rather bored of you now. Ta
redleader1
Rep:
?
I can't help someone who a) doesn't want to be helped and b) has a massively large ego and can't admit fault.

On a list of all the important things I have to do, squabbling with you doesn't even make it. Please stop quoting me, as I'm rather bored of you now. Ta
lmao. Cant admit fault like I said you need to justify it first instead of pointing the finger. But I wouldnt expect you to understand that. Yeah im getting bored of you too, so like you said your finished so on your bike.
mrstudenttsr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lmao. Cant admit fault like I said you need to justify it first instead of pointing the finger. But I wouldnt expect you to understand that. Yeah im getting bored of you too, so like you said your finished so on your bike.

Why are you so utterly rude? THIS was my point I was trying to make, only you seem to have ignored it. Unless you're just trolling because you have a screen to protect you, then your attitude towards people will be why people won't do as you say at work. I just believe you have a poor attitude full stop. And by just being unneccessarily rude here, you prove that. All I was trying to get you think about is what do you do wrong at work to make you not enjoy it so much. I think you pass the blame around and don't take responsibilty (i.e - you don't care about missing shifts) just because that's not what you want to hear, you lay into people. Honestly, it's ridiculous.
redleader1
Rep:
?
Why are you so utterly rude? THIS was my point I was trying to make, only you seem to have ignored it. Unless you're just trolling because you have a screen to protect you, then your attitude towards people will be why people won't do as you say at work. I just believe you have a poor attitude full stop. And by just being unneccessarily rude here, you prove that. All I was trying to get you think about is what do you do wrong at work to make you not enjoy it so much. I think you pass the blame around and don't take responsibilty (i.e - you don't care about missing shifts) just because that's not what you want to hear, you lay into people. Honestly, it's ridiculous.
No im not trolling this is a serious question. When did I say staff dont listen to me ? What I mean was when I clock in, I come in early so there are other staff there, so as a team leader and a fellow colleague I thought it would be a good idea to be polite and speak to them, but they dont reciprocate they just ignore me while I stand there like an idiot. However when work starts the other staff under me DO listen. However the other team leader decides to make me look bad despite me doing nothing wrong, I dont know why, however the first team leader had no problem with me talking to other staff.

You were saying how its hard for my work to cover my shift however it is flexible, so the management above me have no problem with it, but other staff despite me being absent not effecting them try and make me look bad. Its not like im missing the shifts because im lazy its because I have uni and uni comes first.

I also apologized about mocking their education, so how is that being egotistic ? I acknowledged I was wrong in saying that and apologized.

Again like I said its flexible so one or two shifts is no big deal. However I dont like being ignored when I try to be friendly and not only that, I also dont like them trying to make me look bad. I never brag or boast about being at uni or being more educated than them.

So as others have told me, the reason staff are negative towards me is because they know im capable so they try to throw me off being a team leader, as they know their stuck in this field forever.

The only reason I was being rude towards you was because you came on here saying how its all my fault but never said HOW or what I did wrong. I will accept that im in the wrong so long as I know what I did wrong. I have also said to you in the other post how much I try with this job.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All I was saying I get a bull**** for no reason
You are quite right. If people treat you like dirt, it is for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Nothing you have said or done must have influenced the situation.

I wish you well for the future.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Managing staff means they'll never be relaxed around you. That's kinda just the way it is.
hydrogirl_13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
as they know their stuck in this field forever.
I really hope that you aren't trying to be horrible and degrading to the people you work with AGAIN by saying this, but its really coming across badly. (also they're*)
some of the comments here are constructive criticism not just criticism and you are taking it like everyone is out to get you.
(btw at age 19 I was an assistant manager and the people I was in charge of were 40+ year old women who had been working in the job for years/decades, so instead of acting like I knew what I was doing often I asked them for their thoughts etc as they had much more experience - have u thought on asking the other team leader for advice etc? maybe appealing to their better nature?)
frankly (no offensive intended) it/you/your posts sounds quite immature, if the suggestions about dealing with co-workers don't work out then look for another job but its possible that in a new job you may have the same problems.
redleader1
Rep:
?
(Original post by hydrogirl_13)
I really hope that you aren't trying to be horrible and degrading to the people you work with AGAIN by saying this, but its really coming across badly. (also they're*)
some of the comments here are constructive criticism not just criticism and you are taking it like everyone is out to get you.
(btw at age 19 I was an assistant manager and the people I was in charge of were 40+ year old women who had been working in the job for years/decades, so instead of acting like I knew what I was doing often I asked them for their thoughts etc as they had much more experience - have u thought on asking the other team leader for advice etc? maybe appealing to their better nature?)
frankly (no offensive intended) it/you/your posts sounds quite immature, if the suggestions about dealing with co-workers don't work out then look for another job but its possible that in a new job you may have the same problems.
No offence intended towards them. I dont think everyone is out to get me, all im saying is if im in the wrong it needs to be justified and said why im wrong. However with the shift covering I understand for a retail environment it would be a bigger issue. However in this job its flexible.

I do ask questions im quite eager to learn new things and I also need to know the correct communication calls, when I asked the team leader he just ignored me, im like wtf, as this is a security environment and something can get out of hand I or we as a team could get assaulted. The main team leader did tell me though.

Like I said I work hard and I do ask questions but no one except a minority tell me. Anyway ive got the hang of the communication calls now. I just dont like it when im ignored when we're working or when im just being polite.

I do have another job and the staff are a lot better than the ones at this security job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads