JuliaM1998
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dr Cobbold)
I am sitting my GCSE in maths in a few months and I am currently working at an A grade but I really want to get an A*. I was wondering if there is any advice that can help me achieve this.
Btw I am doing my exam board is Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting borderline A*s in my past papers at the moment and what I'm doing is just loads of past papers- 2-3 a week. I haven't actually ever even revised maths like in my life but I find doing past papers then going over the method of how to do them works really well for me because it kind of sticks. Make sure you learn things like circle theorums and sets though- I still havent learnt them and i drop like up to 5% in a paper because i dont know them
indigo2011
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by #sarahsmith2)
Like the others have said... Practice practice practice! Corbett maths is amazing... I've been doing the 5 a day since September and it really does help with keeping all the topics fresh in your mind... Make sure you understand how to do everything and focus on A* level questions (I can send you a list if you like)

Feel free to PM me with any topics you're struggling with and I can go through them with you - I'm on an A* and with all the effort I've put in I'd be devastated if I didn't get this at the end of the year... Good luck! Hope you can move up!
Thank you for this recommendation it is really useful and I will definitely be sing it from now on up until my gcse at beginning of june Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (106)
17.76%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.3%
Not great so far... (212)
35.51%
I want to drop out! (116)
19.43%

Watched Threads