Creative ways to spoil your ballot Watch

SheffLass91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know conversation has moved on but I only get 7 weeks holiday a year on my course :/
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
Going to school is also a choice so I guess the Tories will pass laws soon to make us oiks pay.
Your rants of future law predictions are becoming laughable. I cannot see any government charging for compulsory education.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've done ballot counting in the past. The candidates (or their representatives) are allowed to observe and if there are any ballots that are being discarded as spoiled they can appeal to have them reviewed.

If you've done a smiley face or something next to a candidates name they are likely to accept it as a vote for that candidate.

You see a lot of ballot papers with **** and balls or tits drawn on. I remember one ballot had a spunking **** on it with spunk dripping all over the insignia of the other parties. I don't think the **** ones count as votes though.
flower777
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheOrder1886)
To be fair 'Futher Education' is a choice so it's only fair that those who benefit from it so pay.
Actually, its no longer a choice. Everybody under 18 is legally required to be in full time education in the UK - that means Sixth Form or college, which both were considered Further Education.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
I've done ballot counting in the past. The candidates (or their representatives) are allowed to observe and if there are any ballots that are being discarded as spoiled they can appeal to have them reviewed.

If you've done a smiley face or something next to a candidates name they are likely to accept it as a vote for that candidate.

You see a lot of ballot papers with **** and balls or tits drawn on. I remember one ballot had a spunking **** on it with spunk dripping all over the insignia of the other parties. I don't think the **** ones count as votes though.
maybe like he really really passionately fancied all the other parties a lot :unsure:.

I've worked polling stations and some people spend a really long time in the booths... never sure if they're having a really long think about who to vote for or conjuring up some elaborate **** 'n ball masterpiece to amuse the counters.
Europhile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd fold mine into a paper airplane and write 'Malaysia MH370' on the side of it. Knowing my luck, my ballot paper will probably going missing.

TheOrder1886
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by flower777)
Actually, its no longer a choice. Everybody under 18 is legally required to be in full time education in the UK - that means Sixth Form or college, which both were considered Further Education.
Got a link for that?

Also helps if includes Scotland,England,Ireland and Wales.
Associativity
Report 4 years ago
Got a link for that?

Also helps if includes Scotland,England,Ireland and Wales.
https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

Apprenticeships seem to count too, so long as it's all done officially ect i guess. Not sure if it's the case in other countries than england (can't say it's been a pressing thing for me to find out about ) It's all on that page though.

i.e you have to be in full time edu until 18, or get an apprenticeship ect. Tbh not doing this is generally a bad idea, unless you have some pretty extreme circumstances like your parents can't afford to keep you around or some other major family issues ect. Not as if your being paid to be at school (and apprenticeships don't pay well from what I've heard), so you'll almost certainly need help from your folks in some way to stay at school.
Associativity
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Europhile)
I'd fold mine into a paper airplane and write 'Malaysia MH370' on the side of it. Knowing my luck, my ballot paper will probably going missing.

Love it! +1
TheOrder1886
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Associativity)
https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

Apprenticeships seem to count too, so long as it's all done officially ect i guess. Not sure if it's the case in other countries than england (can't say it's been a pressing thing for me to find out about ) It's all on that page though.

i.e you have to be in full time edu until 18, or get an apprenticeship ect. Tbh not doing this is generally a bad idea, unless you have some pretty extreme circumstances like your parents can't afford to keep you around or some other major family issues ect. Not as if your being paid to be at school (and apprenticeships don't pay well from what I've heard), so you'll almost certainly need help from your folks in some way to stay at school.
Cheers for that. It only proves education leaving age is 18 in England and not other parts of the UK like what Flower777 claimed,

(Original post by flower777)
xDave-
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Eat it. Always wanted to see someone do that.
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Nicola sturgeon loves the boaby"

Posted from TSR Mobile
elliemoriartyell
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
quick note: as a vote counter, by the time i get to see your ballot paper, it's 3 a.m., i've been up since 7 the previous day, i've counted thousands of votes. i'm literally not going to give the tiniest sh*t whether you've recreated the mona effing lisa on your ballot paper. if it's spoiled, its useless to me and just a waste of both mine and yours time; vote or don't vote and leave it at that for gods sake. and if you really want to start a democratic movement (do, by all means. the british democracy is screwed), do it in real life.
Coffinman
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LastDupeofTMD)
Secret ballot, your name isn't on it.
Yes but there's a number on your ballot paper that is linked to your name on the list is there not?
Associativity
Report 4 years ago
But aren't the spoilt votes counted still? The way I see it, if I spoilt my vote I would be one more student counted as voting, boosting those stats, but not actually voting for anyone, since politics in the uk is quite rightly screwed as you say. There are parties I would really not like to get in, a few of those minor ones spring to mind, but I don't really want any of the big ones to get in either, they're all bad in different ways. I really don't know what to do, I'm clearly not alone since most students don't vote, and no-one in my family votes, but this time round with the nationwide dissolution with politics, narrow votes, hung parliaments, coalitions ect, I think there could be some pretty serious consequences. I wouldn't mind betting some really awful party gets in through the back door by forming a coalition with either the conservatives or labour. I'm not sure if the monster raving loony party or the birthday party are actually standing in my area, I might check it out, but that still doesn't keep anyone out of a seat (unless everyone joins me with it), it's just a protest vote.
miguapa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
by writing:

"**** democracy, I can be the Leader...was a good title for a fellow in Germany long ago..."

"i only came in the booth for the lulz and only because my gf wanted to vote.."

"This seat is a shoe-in Labour/Tory seat, so for the lulz i'm spoiling my ballot. One vote won't change that.."
TheOrder1886
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elliemoriartyell)
quick note: as a vote counter, by the time i get to see your ballot paper, it's 3 a.m., i've been up since 7 the previous day, i've counted thousands of votes. i'm literally not going to give the tiniest sh*t whether you've recreated the mona effing lisa on your ballot paper. if it's spoiled, its useless to me and just a waste of both mine and yours time; vote or don't vote and leave it at that for gods sake. and if you really want to start a democratic movement (do, by all means. the british democracy is screwed), do it in real life.

Newflash:- We live in a democracy which allows us to spoil our ballots just to allow people like you. Not a happy with it then quit being a vote counter and move to a country where spoiling ballot papers is illegal.
elliemoriartyell
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Newflash:- We live in a democracy which allows us to spoil our ballots just to allow people like you. Not a happy with it then quit being a vote counter and move to a country where spoiling ballot papers is illegal.
why would I quit lol £150 for one nights work im alright thanks hun just saying for all you wannabe revolutionaries why don't you do something that will actually make a difference
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by elliemoriartyell)
quick note: as a vote counter, by the time i get to see your ballot paper, it's 3 a.m., i've been up since 7 the previous day, i've counted thousands of votes. i'm literally not going to give the tiniest **** whether you've recreated the mona effing lisa on your ballot paper. if it's spoiled, its useless to me and just a waste of both mine and yours time; vote or don't vote and leave it at that for gods sake. and if you really want to start a democratic movement (do, by all means. the british democracy is screwed), do it in real life.
And those who want to use their democratic right to vote, but think all the candidates are awful? Unless there's a proper protest party like the monster raving loonies or the none of the above party, spoiling our ballot is the only way to achieve that, since there's no RON option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
k9markiii
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Associativity)
Can they actually do anything about it if you draw something obscene on your ballot paper though? Presumeably they have your name on it.
Absolutely not. The whole point is it's a secret ballot so isn't traceable to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads