How much are you going to be revising during the Easter holiday? Watch

This discussion is closed.
shakeyboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
12 hours a day, that gap year lifestyleeee :colonhash::cry2: #aspiringmedic need them A*s
frances98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really just as much as I can. I'll aim for 3-4 hours a day doing past papers and writing up notes for history. I'll check next week if my school has any past papers printed out yet and then take it from there. Im going to aim to do this however procrastination is highly likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
xoflower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe about 6 hours a day.
Exam papers. Homework. Reading notes and testing myself. Writing essays.

Yay!
alevels2k15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
12 hours.
Otherwise im screwed :mad:
grassntai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Louisb19)
That sounds like a ton. How would you go about doing that?
9:00am to 19:00pm.

Obviously I'll have intervals where I eat or take a minutes worth of break but it's not like I've got anything else to do. I've messed around the whole year so it's time for me to buckle down, self punishment if you will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmmmm well I'm aiming to pretty much finish all of my assignments. Luckily I only have one exam and it's basically AS and A2 biology 50% multiple choice 50% essay!
AnnekaChan173
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Work experience in Opthalmology week one, then I have week two to chill.
Week one, as work experience is from 9-4, I'll probably get home at 5:30ish. About 4/5 hours sounds feasible.

Week two, as I'll be at home during the week I think I'll get about 8ish hours done. But then I guess it's not just the amount of time, but also what you do - structured, balanced revision is a lot better than procrastinating.
Desi.Biochemist96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past papers for maths, finish up notes for unit 5 of chemistry and biology and probably start looking at past papers for them as well. Stupid chemistry, I'll be glad, when I finish this year. So yeah... I'll be doomed if I end up procrastinating for half of the holidays.
k4l397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As much as I can, I imagine there will be lots of breaks though :P I think I'm going to make a plan later for what I need to do each day. Not going to set times but going to set objectives for each day so I get everything covered. Don't have weekends either so Easter definitely doesn't feel long enough this year...
Desi.Biochemist96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Although can we just be thankful for good Fridays :P I love it when I get fridays off right before the holiday AND the Monday college starts back is staff training day so who's jealous??? :P :P
`Jts
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
4-6 hours a day. I will also have 1/2 days a week where I'll do 2 hours and for the rest of the day I'll have a break.
Dark Elixir
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
0 hours/ day...
amelimoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Louisb19)
Since our A-Level exams are quite soon I was wondering how much you lot are going to be revising per day. I'm personally aiming for 6hrs+ per day however I don't know if that is really going to happen.
I'm going to try and do 6-7hrs a day plus coursework on top. But I'm not timing how long stuff takes me instead I'm going to work through parts of the spec for each of my subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helpme.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
finish maths in 3days, finish chem in 4days, finish bio in 4days. finish eco 2days.
Chihiro_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree that you should set work goals, not time goals. This way you might finish quicker than say, 6 hours, and you can do something recreational for the rest of the day, or do different revision. Works for me anyway, and you get more done imo.
chloefawn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HemmingsHood)
3 hours of pastpapers in the morning (before 12pm).

3 hours of notes (anytime between 6pm and 12am)
Just wondering, in regards to past papers will you be doing them w/ notes or from already formed knowledge? (if its the latter you already know way more than I ever will before exams begin)
Smileyface97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Every day I will try to do 6 hours (2h per subject) and exam papers starting this Monday. My teachers gave me a whole pack of them so it will really help.:woo:
My Mum says I revise waay too much though and I should chill out a bit more. I'm glad to hear other peeps are doing the same as I am though. I am always worried I'm not doing enough.:afraid:
I have a revision timetable for each module of each of my courses and I started the first units this week (Wk beg: 23rd Mar) I've broken down each module into individual topics based on the spec. It is really helping.:albertein:
Hope to hear more tips from you guys! We need all the help we can get lol. :blush:
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Quality of revision > quantity of revision

It's far more better to spend 3/4 hours of the day doing a lot of productive work i.e. completing past papers/writing up essays, rather than spending 6/7 hours half halfheartedly writing up notes or staring blankly at textbooks.
username1858001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is a good point ^ I am aiming for 4 hours a day. Which is 56 hours work. Roughly 50 attempts as practise essays. Even then after the easter holidays I have 2 months worth of lessons and evenings before June exams. No stress! Trying to do 10 hours a day is really not effective and it is quite possible that someone doing 1 hour a day could get a higher grade than someone doing 5 or 6. Really work out what works for you. I know I can learn a whole lot in one hour, more than someone sat eating/ drinking/ reading notes over 8 hours.
rtlloyd98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unplanned, but aiming for 9-3 days of work a day (taking weekends and bank holidays off).

Then I got 3- bed to chill and do stuff. Wake up early so changed and showered ready to work.

I'm going in unplanned so i don't end up under or over whelmed by how much i've done.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed