The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

PGCE Primary 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hello! ive got an interview next week for LSBU! excited and ..NERVOUS! just wondering if you seen / or have any good ideas i got use for the lesson that is 5 minutes long? really struggling / can't decide!
London
Reply 21
Original post by JessieRose77
Hello! ive got an interview next week for LSBU! excited and ..NERVOUS! just wondering if you seen / or have any good ideas i got use for the lesson that is 5 minutes long? really struggling / can't decide!

I done a shapes exercise that went really well. Shapes in a bag, pupils have to feel a shape and describe it. Others guess. Good luck!
Thankyou :smile: thats sounds a good one! i was thinking a story sack..but want to get the pupils more engaged with the task
Hey anyone any tips for current educational issues for a primary interview? It's this Monday and panicking :/
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did 'crocodile aerobics' - showing pairs of numbers and students were to make < > and = signs with their arms showing which way should the hungry crocodile opens his mouth to (the greater number). Very fun!

Whatever you do just be clear which year group it's for and check that it's in the curriculum for that year.

Good luck and all the best! The tutors were very friendly.
Reply 25
Original post by kwhite7
Hey, thanks again for your interview tips. I have been accepted and have firmed my offer! Excited :smile:

Congrats on your offer :smile: with regards to receiving any information, I didn't get anything from the uni for over a month so don't worry if you don't hear from them for a while. They basically send you your offer letter and then a booklet containing info on books and stuff you need to do in order to prepare for starting but nothing to do with when you start or anything like that. I'm sure you will hear from them soon!
Reply 26
Original post by anna_92
Congrats on your offer :smile: with regards to receiving any information, I didn't get anything from the uni for over a month so don't worry if you don't hear from them for a while. They basically send you your offer letter and then a booklet containing info on books and stuff you need to do in order to prepare for starting but nothing to do with when you start or anything like that. I'm sure you will hear from them soon!

okay thanks :smile:
Reply 27

Good luck for your interview! The advice i would give to you is to try not to let your nerves show. Just try and make your lesson interactive and get the group involved and give praise just as you would a real class. Also be clear what year group the lesson is for.
I did telling the time for year 1 and made clocks out of paper plates in order to teach o'clock and this worked out well. Other lessons I seen were teaching compass points, learning a song, number patterns and shapes. Even base your lesson on something you've seen/taught during your time at school. The 5 minutes will fly in so try and relax and enjoy it! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by coble1990
hey anna_92 I'm going to LSB to do my Primary PGCE also!!! Been looking on fb and stuff to find groups or anything for it but having no luck!!!

Thanks :smile: congrats on your offer too! I looked on fb for the group you made but no luck finding it :/
Thanks so much for all your tips!! excited and nervous! will let you know how it goes :smile: spending my weekend revising for the tests! haha! was there anything in the tests that you found particularly difficult?
I got in!! Thanks For all your help
Reply 31

Congrats!! :smile:

Hurray! Congratulation!
I asked Admissions Team and apparently the welcome pack is being sent this week, and that we are required to undertake a week's pre-course observation. Has anyone arranged this yet?
Hi Hana i have also received an offer from southbank
Original post by Esthersade
Hi Hana i have also received an offer from southbank

Congratulation on your offer :h:
Reply 36
Hi all have you all received your welcome booklet? How are you doing with finding a work experience placement?
I havn't recieved or heard anything xxx
Original post by kwhite7
Hi all have you all received your welcome booklet? How are you doing with finding a work experience placement?

I've received mine, I've also managed to arrange a placement, i just emailed several schools and asked them directly, and luckily i got a placement.
Reply 39
Original post by Esthersade
I've received mine, I've also managed to arrange a placement, i just emailed several schools and asked them directly, and luckily i got a placement.

Same! A school just got back to me thankfully!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending