The Student Room Group

Is this video proof that ghosts and paranormal activity exists?

Scroll to see replies

ghosts exist they just haven't been explained by science yet :tongue: Like many other things.
Original post by ChickenMadness
ghosts exist they just haven't been explained by science yet :tongue: Like many other things.

After watching this video it's certainly made me think something could be out there, very freaky video!
Original post by T.I.P
Ive seen around 5 ghosts in my time so yes I believe in them as Ive personally seen them and so have millions of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No offence, but to what extent did you really 'see' them? When I've spoken with people who claim to have seen ghosts, when you get into it, it often seems they've more 'experienced' things than actually seen them, or what they have seen is pretty open to confusion or misinterpretation.

It isn't surprising that some people still believe in ghosts, given all those TV shows, but there really aren't ghosts. The sad truth is, when people die, they cease and that's it really. There aren't 'spirits', there aren't 'souls' and there is no lingering memory of individuals recorded in carpets or mirrors.

The only place we live on (apart from recording media) is in the memories of those who knew us.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
No offence, but to what extent did you really 'see' them? When I've spoken with people who claim to have seen ghosts, when you get into it, it often seems they've more 'experienced' things than actually seen them, or what they have seen is pretty open to confusion or misinterpretation.

It isn't surprising that some people still believe in ghosts, given all those TV shows, but there really aren't ghosts. The sad truth is, when people die, they cease and that's it really. There aren't 'spirits', there aren't 'souls' and there is no lingering memory of individuals recorded in carpets or mirrors.

The only place we live on (apart from recording media) is in the memories of those who knew us.

Just wait until be we can upload our brains into robots :colonhash:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Just wait until be we can upload our brains into robots :colonhash:

I like scifi too, but the bits where human intelligence gets 'uploaded' somewhere, like to a robot or a computer, don't add up. Surely our intelligence is deeply related to our bodies and brain cells/chemistry/networks. We are physical organic computers with emergent powers. I suppose it's just conceivable that conciousness might in some way be transferable, but I doubt it. Perhaps individual units of memory might be.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I like scifi too, but the bits where human intelligence gets 'uploaded' somewhere, like to a robot or a computer, don't add up. Surely our intelligence is deeply related to our bodies and brain cells/chemistry/networks. We are physical organic computers with emergent powers. I suppose it's just conceivable that conciousness might in some way be transferable, but I doubt it. Perhaps individual units of memory might be.

Shush! I'm trying to clutch at straws here!
Does anyone see the cars going uphill?
nope, nope nope, not watching it... it's past midnight....
Original post by Bustamove
nope, nope nope, not watching it... it's past midnight....

It's really freaky, I suggest you watch it and be a man! :tongue:
It's all just the physics of the earth creating an optical illusion as many have said, gravity hill, and besides although scientist haven't proved 'paranormal' activities don't exist (or at least not prove that I know of) you or whoever can't actually prove they do exist by claiming to see 'ghost' as I can just as easily say the opposite and say I haven't seen a ghost therefore proved ghost don't exist and besides science have proved a lot anyways and ghost cannot actually exist as seeing a ghost itself could be an optical illusion so in a way science has proved ghost don't exist as they and other paranormals are optical illusions people experience. Q.E.D.
I would put a dynamo and let ghost push it so I get free electric.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmmm.... the road is going downhill so it is not entirely surprising that the car starts moving downhill. it would be even clearer if they had shot the movie in daylight :mad:
Just watched it... the car is just going down hill LOL
I'd never believe anything paranormal based on a video. So many ways to alter the footage that it doesn't make sense to believe it at face value. Also it's easy to jump to conclusions without seeing all the facts
Why am I the only one seeing it go uphill?

Quick Reply

Latest