The Student Room Group

Don't vote Conservative ... We've came to far as human beings.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Haddock
Yep. The Tories actually quietly ended their austerity program in 2012 when the economy started sinking again (because austerity categorically does not work). What we've had since then isn't austerity - it's just austerity for the poor. Is the economy recovering? Sure. Are the poor feeling the recovery? Absolutely not. It's all a trick. People think our economy is recovering thanks to austerity when it's nothing of the sort. What we have is targeted austerity, and those being targeted don't get to enjoy the recovery.

Indeed. You should be out telling everyone about the Tories plans. Tell your neighbor, your family, your friends, your enemies and even that special someone who you really like.

We will be responsible if the Tories get back in. We are the only guardians the disabled and poor have left. We are fighting the good fight but the forces of Evil are pushing for their final assault. They have left Mordor and are out right now in Middle Earth misleading human folk.

Should we rally and save the day?

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MatureStudent36
We're those the 'I'm a femenist T shirts made with slave labour is sweat shops?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2817343/Feminist-t-shirts-sweatshop-row.html

The Conservatives were the first political party to have a female leader.

So far they are the only politjcql party to have fielded a female prime minister.

there was a Prime minister once called John Major. He left school at 15. He was a conservative. Hardly the actions of an elitist political party. Tony Blair went to private school and was a lawyer. So was gordon Brown.

The Conservatives were the first to have an elected MP in Viscountess Nancy Astor. Technically Sinn Fein had the first elected female MP, but she never took her seat.

The Conservatives gave women the vote. High profile Suffragettes were Conservatives. The Conservatives had the first female party leader. The Conservatives had the first female Prime Minister. The Conservatives had the first female, Muslim cabinet minister.

Suffice it to say, the Conservatives track record on women is hardly poor.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Indeed. You should be out telling everyone about the Tories plans. Tell your neighbor, your family, your friends, your enemies and even that special someone who you really like.

We will be responsible if the Tories get back in. We are the only guardians the disabled and poor have left. We are fighting the good fight but the forces of Evil are pushing for their final assault. They have left Mordor and are out right now in Middle Earth misleading human folk.

Should we rally and save the day?

I'd have thought you would have put up the one that Labour candidate put up:

Original post by Davij038
I'd have thought you would have put up the one that Labour candidate put up:

You have to be quite f***ed in the head and lacking any reasonable degree of argument or viable policies to even try to associate the Conservative party with a WW2 nazi concentration camp.
http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21646766-oddly-few-britons-have-noticed-state-has-shrunk-leaner-meaner

Something to read for the people that think the Tories are to blame for everything that ever happened.
You have to be lacking any reasonable degree of argument or viable policies to even try to associate the Conservative party with a WW2 nazi concentration camp.

So its a perfect Labour response then?:biggrin:
Don't vote this incompetent, hopeless, out of touch, u-turning, pledge breaking, miserable shower of a party back into power.
Don't let the Murdoch empire sway you, vote for a party and a leader who actually care about the working people of this country.
Vote for Labour.
I don't quite understand why anyone would want to vote for the Tories in the first place. Im cool with opinions but seriously, do you not think that they're strangling the low earners in this country?

Forget the concept of trickle down because that doesn't exist. The rich people who own the corporations still pay minimum wage, yet they get all the revenue and the profit.
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I don't quite understand why anyone would want to vote for the Tories in the first place. Im cool with opinions but seriously, do you not think that they're strangling the low earners in this country?

Forget the concept of trickle down because that doesn't exist. The rich people who own the corporations still pay minimum wage, yet they get all the revenue and the profit.

Trickle down economics is a myth. Money stays at the top.
You have to be quite f***ed in the head and lacking any reasonable degree of argument or viable policies to even try to associate the Conservative party with a WW2 nazi concentration camp.

Nah Mordor is better.

Thersa May & Esther McVey look like a pair of Witches and George Osborne, Cameron and IDS wouldn't look out of character marching upon Isengard with their fellow Orcs. Eric Pickles would be the huge OGRE who catapaults all 3 over Isengards walls.
Original post by Bornblue
Don't vote this incompetent, hopeless, out of touch, u-turning, pledge breaking, miserable shower of a party back into power.
Don't let the Murdoch empire sway you, vote for a party and a leader who actually care about the working people of this country.
Vote for Labour.

Doesn't murdoch normally support labour?
I like to think as a species we have done amazing things. At this current moment in time we are uniting across the internet and sharing huge amounts of knowledge. We are going forward.

But there is 1 thing holding us back and that is individual greed. A select few can hold a whole nation back. I don't want Britain to go back into Victorian feudalism. This is what the Conservatives represent. A corporate dystopia isn't a nation.

We need a nation. We need some form of collectivism.

I don't care if its nationalism, social justice or a greener economy. We need a change because if we keep heading along this Tory road our country will be a nation for the top 10% and sod everyone else.

Most of you here are young and fragile. Your willing to accept ideas which appeal to you but a lot of you don't know the full meaning of them. Only time and results reveal the true meaning.

Most of you will earn average salaries of Β£25,000 to Β£35,000 instead of the promised thousands the Career guides tell you. There will be times when you find yourself unemployed or injured in life. No one is immortal.

And when you find yourselves in harms way the Tories will not have mercy for you. They will blame the economic problems on you!

So don't vote Conservative.

How about no?

Tories 4 life.
Doesn't murdoch normally support labour?

He's a right wing Conservative. All his papers and outlets back the Tories and did so at the last election.
He backed New Labour because they moved sharply to the right.
nah. make mine (slightly more) liberty, not arbitrary naggy "moral" nannyism.
the conservatives are a bunch of slippery slimy scummy bastards just like all the others, but from my perspective they are the better brand within a nest of political sewage. the labour party haven't learned a thing after being in government and making appalling policies (or making appalling actions) and this is clear in their absolute rejection for an EU referendum or an adoption of policies that have evidently made the economy more healthy.
I like to think as a species we have done amazing things. At this current moment in time we are uniting across the internet and sharing huge amounts of knowledge. We are going forward.

But there is 1 thing holding us back and that is individual greed. A select few can hold a whole nation back. I don't want Britain to go back into Victorian feudalism. This is what the Conservatives represent. A corporate dystopia isn't a nation.

We need a nation. We need some form of collectivism.

I don't care if its nationalism, social justice or a greener economy. We need a change because if we keep heading along this Tory road our country will be a nation for the top 10% and sod everyone else.

Most of you here are young and fragile. Your willing to accept ideas which appeal to you but a lot of you don't know the full meaning of them. Only time and results reveal the true meaning.

Most of you will earn average salaries of Β£25,000 to Β£35,000 instead of the promised thousands the Career guides tell you. There will be times when you find yourself unemployed or injured in life. No one is immortal.

And when you find yourselves in harms way the Tories will not have mercy for you. They will blame the economic problems on you!

So don't vote Conservative.

Do you suffer from delusions?
Original post by sacca
Vote green for an eco feminist britain! The tories are misogynist, Cameron wouldn't even wear a 'I'm a feminist' T-Shirt. Also he called a women darling. **** the tories!

Not to mention they are all white upper class cis hetero males aka they have massive privilege and cannot be trusted to represent PoC or women or other oppressed groups.

Preach it!
I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would vote for the tories. They are a bunch of a elitist fools - Most of them from a priviledged wealthy background and have absolutley no idea of the real world.

Lets not forget that in the past 5 years they have introduced the Bedroom tax, hitting the disabled, elderly and the most poor and even causing some to commit suicide.

They're absolutley destroying our NHS, selling it off bit by bit for more profit. Selling OUR royal mail, OUR trainlines to increase THEIR wealth even more. Slashing benefits, even from disabled children, slashing EMA affecting OUR future seriously, I genuinely wonder how these pigs sleep at night.

It's a no-brainer, the entire country is being done over. They attack the poor and vulnerable yet fail to address the 100's of billions of pounds of tax that is avoided every year by their rich buddies. The tories serve the 1% and the corporations and by voting them, as your average person, you are pretty much gaining nothing, yet you are enabling those at the top to be richer than ever while we get poorer.

Don't forget that the richest 5 families in Britain have the same amount of wealth as the bottom 20%. By voting them you're saying this is ok. This isn't right, don't leave your humanity behind and vote for real change.

(for the record, i personally believe labour is just as bad - i'll be voting green)
(edited 8 years ago)
Our education system could do with some work though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aliendays
I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would vote for the tories. They are a bunch of a elitist fools - Most of them from a priviledged wealthy background and have absolutley no idea of the real world.

Lets not forget that in the past 5 years they have introduced the Bedroom tax, hitting the disabled, elderly and the most poor and even causing some to commit suicide.

They're absolutley destroying our NHS, selling it off bit by bit for more profit. Selling OUR royal mail, OUR trainlines to increase THEIR wealth even more. Slashing benefits, even from disabled children, slashing EMA affecting OUR future seriously, I genuinely wonder how these pigs sleep at night.

It's a no-brainer, the entire country is being done over. They attack the poor and vulnerable yet fail to address the 100's of billions of pounds of tax that is avoided every year by their rich buddies. The tories serve the 1% and the corporations and by voting them, as your average person, you are pretty much gaining nothing, yet you are enabling those at the top to be richer than ever while we get poorer.

Don't forget that the richest 5 families in Britain have the same amount of wealth as the bottom 20%. By voting them you're saying this is ok. This isn't right, don't leave your humanity behind and vote for real change.

(for the record, i personally believe labour is just as bad - i'll be voting green)

That's unregulated capitalism for you.
Create an uber wealthy, luxurious top 1% and make everyone think they can get there (which they can't) so that people support policies for the top 1%, thinking they'll be there one day.
It's the American Dream fallacy. It's broken.

I know Labour in the past have been as bad, but Ed is different, He's not the same as Blair, he has great principles and beliefs and genuinely cares about people.
A vote for Green party will unfortunately be wasted, I wish it wasn't the case but it is. The most important thing is to get the Tories out, Labour may not be great but they're a damn site better.
Consider voting Labour. Get those nasty, spiteful, selfish repugnant Tories out.
Original post by Bornblue
That's unregulated capitalism for you.
Create an uber wealthy, luxurious top 1% and make everyone think they can get there (which they can't) so that people support policies for the top 1%, thinking they'll be there one day.
It's the American Dream fallacy. It's broken.

I know Labour in the past have been as bad, but Ed is different, He's not the same as Blair, he has great principles and beliefs and genuinely cares about people.
A vote for Green party will unfortunately be wasted, I wish it wasn't the case but it is. The most important thing is to get the Tories out, Labour may not be great but they're a damn site better.
Consider voting Labour. Get those nasty, spiteful, selfish repugnant Tories out.

I'll admit i've considered tactical voting, as the GE comes up I just want the Tories gone as much as possible but my hearts not in it. I don't really understand why anyone still continues to support the main parties, there's just way too much corruption and no distinct change. Plus labour did it for me when they voted in favour of fracking a few months ago. Idk, I guess I'm protest voting. However, labour are the best to vote for out of the main two.

Quick Reply