Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuisle)
    If you were doing biological explainations of gender development what would you write
    I mean I would just talk about chromosomes and hormones, nature side, klinefelter and turners syndrome as studies, twin studies.

I don't think I would do very well on biological theory for gender development tbh, it's one of my weakest theories

ReputationRep:
    Yeh me too, but I was looking there and I think that or psychodynamic maybe for gender development and humanistic / slt for approaches are my guesses ATM

ReputationRep:
    I think gender essay could be psychodynamic or SLT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bharp)
    I think gender essay could be psychodynamic or SLT!
    What would you write for a psychodynamic essay on gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexaRivers)
    What would you write for a psychodynamic essay on gender?
    Psychosexual stages, Little hans (castration anxiety, oedipus complex), Active and passive identification, electra complex (penis envy etc). How all these lead to gender roles.

Evaluation: Unfalsifiable, case studies are subjective, biological approach supports developmental stage growth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakejoyce97)
    Psychosexual stages, Little hans (castration anxiety, oedipus complex), Active and passive identification, electra complex (penis envy etc). How all these lead to gender roles.

Evaluation: Unfalsifiable, case studies are subjective, biological approach supports developmental stage growth.

Could compare with other approaches like the psychodynamic says gender develops in the phallic stage whereas biological approach says it develops at conception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bharp)
    Could compare with other approaches like the psychodynamic says gender develops in the phallic stage whereas biological approach says it develops at conception
    That's a great contrast to make, specific vocabulary could also be used to wow the examiner on first read so you are allocated to a high band. E.g. Hypothalamus, BST, SDN-POA etc - structural differences in these to relate to masculine and feminine behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakejoyce97)

Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it'll be Kohlberg for gender as that hasn't come up since Jan 2012 I did the cognitive last year as i'm resitting and it was awful

Also for the key approaches biological and social learning theory hasn't come up in a while

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam today?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bharp)
    If it is distinguishing between two things such as sex and gender
    1 mark = definition of sex
    1 mark = definition of gender
    1 mark = difference
    Thank you

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.