Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have any contemporary quotes for the source questions? It's not a prerequisite, of course, but unfortunately only had a couple.

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't a clue for the sources! Never properly revised NI and was just going by what was on front of me. Think I done better in the Sinn Fein essay but the Home Rule question looked horrendous

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course Northern Ireland! Lol possibly the worst source that could have ever come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonquinn96)
    Yeah of course Northern Ireland! Lol possibly the worst source that could have ever come up
    Worst part of it was I write more for the 15 marker than the 20 marker! lol I'm relying on the Unionism module last week to get me through

ReputationRep:
    Haha I barely got the 20 marker started!! I'm genuinely distraught at that source question. Why does CCEA have to be so fecking awkward? Yeah I'm the same, only we did nationalism. Hoping the essay pulled me through too! Jeeze

ReputationRep:
    I love CCEA

ReputationRep:
    The examiners must be laughing their asses off right now, evil people ... Who could have ever predicted Northern Ireland sources.... Thank god for Sinn Fein essay since the home rule one looked awkward as hell

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries are bound to plummet. Surely :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonquinn96)
    Grade boundaries are bound to plummet. Surely :-(
    Hopefully they plummet! lol Did anyone notice an historian 'laffan' in the sources? Seen someone make a joke on twitter that the test was no 'laffan' matter and I don't know what they're on about which is worrying! haha
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Danny__Kidoo)
    The examiners must be laughing their asses off right now, evil people ... Who could have ever predicted Northern Ireland sources.... Thank god for Sinn Fein essay since the home rule one looked awkward as hell
    My school told us all to read over N.Ireland just in case and it came up...I'm actually so happy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by cmccann95)
    Hopefully they plummet! lol Did anyone notice an historian 'laffan' in the sources? Seen someone make a joke on twitter that the test was no 'laffan' matter and I don't know what they're on about which is worrying! haha
    Laffan is a historian in my notes, perhaps the person used one of his quotes in the exam. :confused:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Guys, am I the only one who genuinely enjoyed that paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Yes, yes you are! lol It was probably not too bad if you had learned NI but even the phrasing of the essays were tricky, particularly Home Rule!

ReputationRep:
    Laffan is a historian in my notes, perhaps the person used one of his quotes in the exam. :confused:
    That was probably it! Thanks! Had me worrying there for a minute! lol

ReputationRep:
    No, I thought NI was ideal for the source. Quite straight forward topic split into:
    Economy
    Social deprivation
    Security
    Education

Rise of Sinn Fein was obviously coming up, so it was a gift.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yes, yes you are! lol It was probably not too bad if you had learned NI but even the phrasing of the essays were tricky, particularly Home Rule!
    Oh my God, no, that Sinn Fein essay was a dream come true. We wanted the source to be Home Rule but N.I was alright.

That was probably it! Thanks! Had me worrying there for a minute! lol

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by reflektor)
    No, I thought NI was ideal for the source. Quite straight forward topic split into:
    Economy
    Social deprivation
    Security
    Education

Rise of Sinn Fein was obviously coming up, so it was a gift.
    Oh good, I'm not alone.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, no, that Sinn Fein essay was a dream come true. We wanted the source to be Home Rule but N.I was alright.
    Yea I did Sinn Fein and was happy enough with how it went! Got the sources finished but had little knowledge to back up points!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yea I did Sinn Fein and was happy enough with how it went! Got the sources finished but had little knowledge to back up points!
    If only it had been Home Rule though. That would have been amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone actually do the home rule essay? Lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 21, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.