Turn on thread page Beta

What would you like the Conservative government do first? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RyWalker)
    It's a question of what I want them not to do.

Not to raise tuition fees like Hague refused to rule out (£11,500).

Not to privatise the NHS and cut to shreds.

Though them two things will happen, I'm guessing.
    *those

privatising the NHS, I'm not too worried. I would be worried if labour were in, looking at past records the torries have done half the privatising labour did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    You're wasting your time hoping for those kinds of things.

I am not hoping. I expect them to happen later with a restoration of the Church of England, Monarchy and House of Lords. When we leave the EU and the Monarch dies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly1798)
    I have suffered, my neighbour has suffered, my friends of my family have suffered. I know not everyone will always benefit from the way that the government does some things, but when you look at the numbers of people who depend on foobanks. Those homeless thanks to bedroom tax, those who can't afford university. They are large numbers compressed to those who are stereotypically rich and have benefited.
    Nobody is homeless due to the bedroom tax. Doesn't matter where you live in the UK the council is legally bound to house you.

What's your definition of stereotypically rich? I grew up in a council house, in an ex mining community and went to the local high school. I've bettered myself, but I'm far from rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    In a very ideal world, proportional representation referendum.

But that will not happen

Definitely not.

Why would they consider altering something that paid them dividends? Not happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Nobody is homeless due to the bedroom tax. Doesn't matter where you live in the UK the council is legally bound to house you.

What's your definition of stereotypically rich? I grew up in a council house, in an ex mining community and went to the local high school. I've bettered myself, but I'm far from rich.
    People are homeless by the bedroom tax because they can't afford to keep up the payments. Councils may have the duty to house you but I have been homeless twice, both times it has been for months at a time before the council were able to do something. Yes, I wasn't sleeping on the street but I was sofa surfing and that's not much better.

I wasn't saying that you fitted into that stereotype but all I was trying to point out is that the Tory's are known for taking care of the rich.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not.

Why would they consider altering something that paid them dividends? Not happening.
    Exactly

A pity really, I would like one government to switch us over to proportional representation even at the risk of them getting less seats.

ReputationRep:
    People are homeless by the bedroom tax because they can't afford to keep up the payments. Councils may have the duty to house you but I have been homeless twice, both times it has been for months at a time before the council were able to do something. Yes, I wasn't sleeping on the street but I was sofa surfing and that's not much better.

I wasn't saying that you fitted into that stereotype but all I was trying to point out is that the Tory's are known for taking care of the rich.
    Councils don't make you sofa surf.

This has always been my problem with people such as yourself. You use the most vulnerable in society in order to justify personal gain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Where?
    Spotted in this thread: illiteracy

ReputationRep:
    If I was of voting age I would have voted Labour.
    My guess is that they will not include it in their next manifesto but alter it slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    *those

privatising the NHS, I'm not too worried. I would be worried if labour were in, looking at past records the torries have done half the privatising labour did.
    *those? explain my grammatical error.

You're not too worried that Cameron, with Clegg during coalition attempting to pull him in slightly (as much of an uninfluential wet flannel as he was) still resulted in a 500% increase in looming privatisation of our integral health service?

..sound like empty words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Spotted in this thread: illiteracy
    Where?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    *those? explain my grammatical error.

You're not too worried that Cameron, with Clegg during coalition attempting to pull him in slightly (as much of an uninfluential wet flannel as he was) still resulted in a 500% increase in looming privatisation of our integral health service?

..sound like empty words.
    fact, the labour party did more privatising than conservatives, get over it.

Them two parties..... not right, just me?

ReputationRep:
    Where?
    Spotted in this thread: a typo! :eek: It's William *Wanker, duh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    What would you like the Conservative government to do first?

My list:
    - Cap welfare further to 23k
    - Reduce/get rid of tv license fee
    - Cut back expenditure on public services whilst keeping it more agile and flexible
    - Lower taxes for working people
    - EU referendum as soon as possible
    -Put a cap on illegal immigration.
    -Fix the Housing market
    -Save the NHS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Councils don't make you sofa surf.

This has always been my problem with people such as yourself. You use the most vulnerable in society in order to justify personal gain.
    "Councils don't make you sofa surf" if i didn't sofa surf then i would have been on the street, eventually I was able to move into a flat with the family that i had had to separate from because we all couldn't be other. Are you saying it's mine fault I didn;t have a home? It's coming across that way by saying "Councils don't make you sofa surf".

I am vulnerable in society? The yes the government should be helping people like me...if i'm so vulnerable and all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Spotted in this thread: a typo! :eek: It's William *Wanker, duh.
    Have I wronged you in some way that means to must troll me in this way? I don't think I have ever talked to you before, so why are you doing this? Do you hate my High Tory views that much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William...8filibuster%29

ReputationRep:
    "Councils don't make you sofa surf" if i didn't sofa surf then i would have been on the street, eventually I was able to move into a flat with the family that i had had to separate from because we all couldn't be other. Are you saying it's mine fault I didn;t have a home? It's coming across that way by saying "Councils don't make you sofa surf".

I am vulnerable in society? The yes the government should be helping people like me...if i'm so vulnerable and all...
    Again. Councils don't make you sofa surf. They'll house you if you are going to become homeless.

The governments support for vulnerable people is diluted by time wasters.

We have a poster on here who has mild dyslexia and claims to be a high earning city broker who fights for the rights of the disabled that he feels the last government targeted. Time and time and time again he is told to shut up by disabled posters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endian Chief)
    -Put a cap on illegal immigration.
    -Fix the Housing market
    -Save the NHS
    how to "fix" the housing market?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    how to "fix" the housing market?
    Put air bags on the stock market ready for the next crash, then we can deal with housing.

ReputationRep:
    Have I wronged you in some way that means to must troll me in this way? I don't think I have ever talked to you before, so why are you doing this? Do you hate my High Tory views that much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William...8filibuster%29
    Yes, I do hate homophobes, sexists and classists that much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.