The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tonight
Based on the way they described him, yes.

Although I'm not sure if Prophet Joseph or Muhammed (pbuh) would be better looking than the other.

Or on the same par.

Would you mind providing this evidence saying Muhammed was stunningly handsome?
Original post by Scenekid
why does it matter hah? the point here is people are drawing something which is forbidden in islam and then there's people like you trying to define how beautiful the prophet is! go get a life :mad:

I think you'll find it was you who began claiming he was very good-looking, not me.

And so what if it's forbidden in Islam? Non-muslims don't have to follow Islam's rules....
yeah but this is an extreme offence to islam and yes i agree violence isnt the way to set things right but surely the people who are drawing Prophet Muhammed (SAW) know what they are putting themselves into they are doing it to disrespect islam and the beauty of the prophet, why would they do that? why to islam? why not any other religion hah?

I'm not going to seek to defend these people, I think they are dicks deliberately trying to provoke a response.

But this is West, not the Middle East. We are not too keen on censorship. We believe we have the right to offend, mock and ridicule. Religion does not get an exemption.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
[video="youtube;TMjIDD-p3GU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjIDD-p3GU[/video]This should be how to cope with bigots as opposed to reacting with unnecessary violence, which leads to the spewing of more hatred and for despicable people such as Pam Geller to gain more publicity.

Why do you consider drawings of Muhammad to be hateful?
why to islam? why not any other religion hah?

Because islam is the only religion which has followers who murder over pictures?
why does it matter hah? the point here is people are drawing something which is forbidden in islam and then there's people like you trying to define how beautiful the prophet is! go get a life :mad:

You need to grow up. It's just a picture.
Original post by EatAndRevise
You need to grow up. It's just a picture.

you need to STFU!
you need to STFU!

I don't need to do anything.
Why draw Mohammad? It's just offensive to Muslims, why purposely antagonise them?
Original post by EatAndRevise
I don't need to do anything.

stop ****ing quoting me! :angry:
you need to STFU!

I thought Islam was about being modest and lowering your gaze? Isn't there a glaring contradiction between that and your profile picture..?
stop ****ing quoting me! :angry:

Why are you so angry?
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
I thought Islam was about being modest and lowering your gaze? Isn't there a glaring contradiction between that and your profile picture..?

you can stop judging me! you know nothing so if i were you id GTFO!
you can stop judging me! you know nothing so if i were you id GTFO!

I'm not judging you, I'm merely very confused as to why you have a picture of a woman with exposed breasts if you're claiming or insinuating you're a pious muslim...
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
I'm not judging you, I'm merely very confused as to why you have a picture of a woman with exposed breasts if you're claiming or insinuating you're a pious muslim...

when did i say i was pious? im just backing up on what i believe and if people have a prob with that then screw them! wouldnt you defend your religion? im just kinda hurt rn that how can people do such a thing it may not seem much of a deal to others but, surely its affecting some people! anyway im done here go argue with someone else! :mad::frown:
Original post by Skip_Snip
Because islam is the only religion which has followers who murder over pictures?

go to hell! dont talk about islam like that! :angry:
Original post by Tonight
Based on the way they described him, yes.

Although I'm not sure if Prophet Joseph or Muhammed (pbuh) would be better looking than the other.

Or on the same par.

I think I know the narration you're talking about, but it's not very convincing. To anyone who doesn't have a vested interest in glorifying Muhammed, it sounds a lot like excessive and exaggerated hero-worshipping, making him seem much more attractive than he probably actually was. In addition, that narration doesn't say he was the most handsome person in existence.

Furthermore, I think this reveals a hypocritical aspect of Islam. It constantly bangs on about being modest about your appearance and that physical beauty doesn't matter, it's your heart/intentions that count yadda yadda; but the second it comes to Muhammed all that suddenly goes out the window and now he suddenly has the beauty of a supermodel.

Not even Christians felt the need to make up or exaggerate Jesus' beauty, in fact, the Bible itself says Jesus was not handsome.
(edited 8 years ago)

It's the truth.
when did i say i was pious? im just backing up on what i believe and if people have a prob with that then screw them! wouldnt you defend your religion? im just kinda hurt rn that how can people do such a thing it may not seem much of a deal to others but, surely its affecting some people! anyway im done here go argue with someone else! :mad::frown:

It's a shame that you're upset, but what did you expect when you chose to click on a thread about drawing Muhammed? If this thread is upsetting you then don't click on it, but you can't expect non-muslims to abide by Islamic rules.

I just did :smile: And muslims do (try to) kill folk over a drawing, there's no way around that.

Latest

Trending

Trending