Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think it went well! What was the answer for the first percentage one in the smoking question? I got 10%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty123456)
    I think it went well! What was the answer for the first percentage one in the smoking question? I got 10%
    I put that as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segsation)
    I was so please with how that paper went! I couldn't remember a third mutualistic relationship but I said what one could be without giving examples of specific animals, if that makes sense? That and I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure. I also had to guess on the infertility one and say that the testes got blocked by mucus but the 6 markers were great! I loved the homeostasis section but the only thing was the 6 marker about blood glucose. I just put about the insulin and glucagon and what they do. Do you think that was enough?
    I put dendrites as well to fingers crossed that's right! I also wrote that for the glucose 6 marker except I added that it is an example of negative feedback and homeostasis. Crossing my fingers for 6 marks!

ReputationRep:
    I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure.
    Dendrite comes from the greek word dendron so they basically mean the same thing - no need to worry!😂

ReputationRep:
    Grade Boundries ?

ReputationRep:
    In the infertility question you have to say the vas deferens could not develop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
    Grade Boundries ?
    It was fairly easy so quite high I would say. Probably 52/53 for an A* then like 46/47 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segsation)
    it was fairly easy so quite high i would say. Probably 52/53 for an a* then like 46/47 for an a

24 c
    35 b
    46 a
    53 a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuned2000)
    we had to calculate the percentage decrease in smoking (the diagram was confusing) and suggest why smoking has decreased in the UK.
    I think it was 10% or something. It had to do with taking away.

ReputationRep:
    It was a good paper. I was confused on the Hodgkin's or whatever and put recessive. I put 8% for that bio mass one, which was definitely wrong. But overall, I think I lost 7 marks maximum.

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the percentage of energy lost? is it likely that you can get an a* if you've dropped 6 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
    24 c
    35 b
    46 a
    53 a*
    How do you know thats the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylortron99)
    It was a good paper. I was confused on the Hodgkin's or whatever and put recessive. I put 8% for that bio mass one, which was definitely wrong. But overall, I think I lost 7 marks maximum.
    I think I lost 8 marks, 2 from the mutalistic 6mark question, 3 maybe form the biomass percentage, 2 form cyistic fibrosis and one maybe somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was really easy - but the only question i was a bit like... erm was the one about cystic fibrosis and infertility. I just made an educated guess, but i don't think i got it right. I think i'll still get an A* or at least an A though

ReputationRep:
    I put one mutualistic relationship as oxpecker. But I didn't say it was with a buffalo I said it was with an ox??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was so please with how that paper went! I couldn't remember a third mutualistic relationship but I said what one could be without giving examples of specific animals, if that makes sense? That and I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure. I also had to guess on the infertility one and say that the testes got blocked by mucus but the 6 markers were great! I loved the homeostasis section but the only thing was the 6 marker about blood glucose. I just put about the insulin and glucagon and what they do. Do you think that was enough?
    Nah it was dendrites
    'cause it was a motor neurone
    And motor neurones don't have dendrons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilal78635)
    I put one mutualistic relationship as oxpecker. But I didn't say it was with a buffalo I said it was with an ox??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    XD I couldn't remember what it was so I said 'large mammal'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyDrHeist)
    How do you know thats the grade boundaries?
    They don't
    Those are probably the previous year
    The grade boundaries change because they're a percentage
    So for example it might be like the top 10% of candidates get an A*
    And that one year the lowest still in the top 10% would have got 53/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuned2000)
    we had to calculate the percentage decrease in smoking (the diagram was confusing) and suggest why smoking has decreased in the UK.
    I put the percentage as 9, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhmerrony)
    I put the percentage as 9, what about you?
    I think they will allow 9-11%

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.