Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    to calculate R you have to find the area of the trapezium looking shape underneath R, thats bound by the surrounding lines. R= total area unde curve(use limits and integration(-2 and 7))-area of trapezium thing. Now to Find the area of the trapeziumn thing ( as there are no parallel lines in this shape) you have to split it into a trapezium and a right angle triange and find the area of those. Which requires finding the x coordinate where the cubic line crosses the axes. Which requires equating it to 0 and solving which all takes a long time. This is a method that works but takes a while, there could be an easier method. Everyone else in this thread is wrong fyi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanygriffin)
    Okay so I did the 2014 C1 paper about an hour ago and I realised I have absolutely no clue on how to do integration and finding the area under a curve :eek3: would anyone be able to give me the run down? I've attached the question I struggled on, I think its all just knowing where to start, it really got me stumped thank you very much
    Attachment 396815
    This is C2 though....

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do we get if we just write down the answer and the answer is correct ? Would you still get full marks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulina1111)
    This is C2 though....
    It's C1 on AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanygriffin)
    It's C1 on AQA
    oops my bad I thought all exam boards had the same topics

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.