The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 75MarksGod
I'm excepting to get another 75 marks in C2.

tips for smashing c2?
Reply 21
http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/Edexcel/period-1/C2/module.php go to the differentiation section teaches you how to do it.
Reply 22
Original post by CaliSurf'
tips for smashing c2?

Pretty much the same stuff every year, go through all the past papers and make sure you can answer everything.
Reply 23
anyone got the c2 answers
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by ME7860
anyone got the c2 answers

What do you mean?
Reply 25
Does anyone know what formulas we need?
Especially for area of shapes. Lol.
I'm struggling with the basic questions because I know the formulas.
Reply 26
does anyone have a list of all the extra formulae we need to learn for C2 that isn't in the formulae book. for example the surface area of a cylinder or volume of a cylinder, as that often comes up and it would be nice to have a list of stuff like that to make sure i learn it. Thanks
Reply 27
also how is everyone preparing for c2?? i have done all the past papers and don't know what else to do
Original post by SSD07
does anyone have a list of all the extra formulae we need to learn for C2 that isn't in the formulae book. for example the surface area of a cylinder or volume of a cylinder, as that often comes up and it would be nice to have a list of stuff like that to make sure i learn it. Thanks

formula image.jpg
Reply 29
Dunno if there's anything missing, but I'm pretty sure it's all we need to know: http://imgur.com/D24Qb5W FYI we can use the C1 formulae which have the area stuff I believe.
Original post by SSD07
also how is everyone preparing for c2?? i have done all the past papers and don't know what else to do

Have you tried the bronze, silver and gold papers for C2? They are really helpful.
Reply 31
Original post by tashielaura
formula image.jpg

The cos/sin pythagorus identity should have a + and not a -
Original post by Anon-
The cos/sin pythagorus identity should have a + and not a -

Ah yes I see, sorry for the mistake!
Reply 33
Original post by SSD07
you're good
Reply 34
Original post by SSD07

Have you done all of the Solomon papers? Have you gone thorough the mixed exercises in the C2 book, Have you done the books review papers? Have you looked at any of the questions that you got wrong in the past papers you have done and re attempted them or looked at a video solution of how to do them?

Also regarding your comment earlier about revision formulae, all you need to do is write down the trig rules, radians rules (r x theta etc.) Look through all the different types shapes that you can get asked to find the surface area of etc..

Hope this helps
Reply 35
Original post by rachelw785
I am struggling with parts of C2, especially with the differentiation parts and finding the maximum and minimum points etc., can anyone tell me how they remember how to do this? I have no idea :confused:

Well you differentiate the function. Make the differential equal to 0 as a turning point has a gradient of 0, and find out your x coordinate
To find out whether it is a maximum or minimum, differentiate the differential
Sub in your x value and if it is greater than 0 it is a minimum and if it is less than 0 it's a maximum
and to find your y value, just sub in x to f(x)
If you're asking how to remember well just remember that method
And specifically for remembering when it's a max or min
If it's less than 0 it means it has to be a maximum as nothing can go over 0 vice versa
(This is for my revision btw that's why I typed out the whole method)
Original post by Dinaa
Dinaa is IN :awesome:

I AM IN. Although theres another thread with exactly the same title... hm.
Original post by ME7860
Has someone got the answers for the c2 exam on 20th may

How on earth do you think this would be possible lolll.... you do realise its an exam?
Reply 38
Original post by Anon_98
How on earth do you think this would be possible lolll.... you do realise its an exam?

Apparently the c2 paper got leaked on twitter...
Reply 39
This one has been here for a few days now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending