Turn on thread page Beta

Her brother died and she attempted to have sex with me? watch

ReputationRep:
    My advice is to continue being supportive as you are. Be her friend and understand that she's probably very mixed up in her mind right now, trying to figure out how she feels and what she wants to do- you are right in not taking advantage of her vulnerable state, because what she needs most is someone she can trust. If you keep on being her friend as she learns to overcome her grief, there is a far better chance of building a strong, trusting relationship with her

ReputationRep:
    That's disgusting how could you ever consider doing such a thing?

I wouldn't even talk to someone who listened to 3 days grace, never mind have sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it - YOLO and all that!

(Original post by jebedee)
    that's disgusting how could you ever consider doing such a thing?

I wouldn't even talk to someone who listened to 3 days grace, never mind have sex with them.
    that is next level harsh, but true

ReputationRep:
    1. you are not being a jerk, most men are sufficiently decent not to take advantage of grief.

2. If you would like a relationship with her say that you would like a long term relationship with her and you fear that if you start anything now it will not last.

It really is a lot less likely to last if you start something now and other people could see you as a jerk, putting other possible relationships at risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    Just have sex with her. What have you got to lose...
    Dignity? She's probably not in a clear state of mind tbh atm. If time goes on, then perhaps yeah go for it, but right now, it'd be a bit like taking advantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAMADAM27)
    Go for it - YOLO and all that!
    Well Danny Alexander, while I appreciate your role in the mitigating the austerity of the conservatives and admire your role in helping to diminish the debt. I nonetheless feel that if I had sexual intercourse with this girl as she has just lost her brother it would be unfair of me and taking advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyAnneR)
    My advice is to continue being supportive as you are. Be her friend and understand that she's probably very mixed up in her mind right now, trying to figure out how she feels and what she wants to do- you are right in not taking advantage of her vulnerable state, because what she needs most is someone she can trust. If you keep on being her friend as she learns to overcome her grief, there is a far better chance of building a strong, trusting relationship with her
    Thank you for the advice! I am going to take her flowers and chocolates and apologise to her for being a jerk yesterday. However, if she attempts to have sex with me again. How do I stop her without hurting her feelings? I really do not wish to take advantage of her, so how can I explain to her that I am not refusing to have sex with her because I find her unattractive (quite the opposite) but because I do not want to abuse her trust?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Dignity? She's probably not in a clear state of mind tbh atm. If time goes on, then perhaps yeah go for it, but right now, it'd be a bit like taking advantage
    Thank you for the advice! I am going to take her some flowers and chocolates when I visit her later today. If she tries to have sex again, what can I do to stop her without hurting her feelings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calvin11)
    Thank you for the advice! I am going to take her some flowers and chocolates when I visit her later today. If she tries to have sex again, what can I do to stop her without hurting her feelings?
    Id say just tell her I don't think it's right at the moment. ANd if you have say feelings for her, look her in the eye and let her know "I do have feelings for you, and I do want to be with you, but not right now" or something along those lines, but make sure it's sincere, and from the heart, and not just quite literally a word for word thing I said.... Don't say any thing say about the death of her brother (unless she of course mentions it), but really just be as compassionate as you can tbh. The flowers and chocolates are a nice thing to do

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice! I am going to take her flowers and chocolates and apologise to her for being a jerk yesterday. However, if she attempts to have sex with me again. How do I stop her without hurting her feelings? I really do not wish to take advantage of her, so how can I explain to her that I am not refusing to have sex with her because I find her unattractive (quite the opposite) but because I do not want to abuse her trust?
    In that situation you could try to explain to her that you value her and are interested in taking the relationship further, but would rather wait for a while until it's more sensible to do so. But make sure you assure her that you are there for her for the long term. I think if you jumped into bed wih her now, there's a risk that later on she might feel like you were using her, whereas, if you wait but continue being supportive...she will trust you and reapect you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Id say just tell her I don't think it's right at the moment. ANd if you have say feelings for her, look her in the eye and let her know "I do have feelings for you, and I do want to be with you, but not right now" or something along those lines, but make sure it's sincere, and from the heart, and not just quite literally a word for word thing I said.... Don't say any thing say about the death of her brother (unless she of course mentions it), but really just be as compassionate as you can tbh. The flowers and chocolates are a nice thing to do

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    Nw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    hmmm i would be very careful. when someone is in a precarious emotional state like this they can easily start making false accusations.
    Id switch my phone camera on and dive in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyAnneR)
    In that situation you could try to explain to her that you value her and are interested in taking the relationship further, but would rather wait for a while until it's more sensible to do so. But make sure you assure her that you are there for her for the long term. I think if you jumped into bed wih her now, there's a risk that later on she might feel like you were using her, whereas, if you wait but continue being supportive...she will trust you and reapect you.
    Thank you for the great advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    That's disgusting how could you ever consider doing such a thing?

I am not really familiar with 3 days grace. However, she seems to like them. So I have no problem with them.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    Id switch my phone camera on and dive in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charles97)
    your welcome, and i know, she probably isn't but i'm just warning you it can cause problems! have fun
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parentlurker)
    1. you are not being a jerk, most men are sufficiently decent not to take advantage of grief.

2. If you would like a relationship with her say that you would like a long term relationship with her and you fear that if you start anything now it will not last.

It really is a lot less likely to last if you start something now and other people could see you as a jerk, putting other possible relationships at risk.
    Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.