Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Business Studies - F291 18th May 2015 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasinasc)
    I completely agree. It is the easiest out of the two year course but the timing is a joke. Thanks though
    Indeed. You should be very familiar with your Level 1 - 4 I assume, so just keep them in mind too, and you'll know whether or not you're securing those marks. Short Term / Long Term effects seem to be very good evaluative tactics, whilst relating to the case study ALWAYS

ReputationRep:
    how does a business benefit from clear objectives???

often a common theme in unit 1, so does anyone have any good points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloenew23)
    how does a business benefit from clear objectives???

often a common theme in unit 1, so does anyone have any good points?
    - Provides a sense of direction for employees to know what is expected
    - They are a source of motivation for employees, which can improve performance and efficiency
    - Helps to control the operation of the business

ReputationRep:
    What are ethics and what would you write about if there was an essay about them? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy112233)
    What are ethics and what would you write about if there was an essay about them? :confused:
    If an ethics question did come up.. I would define what is meant by ethical behaviour and how the business is handling it, then possibly argue the benefits of the business behaving ethically towards employees, suppliers and local community.

Then I would go on to argue what costs it faces of taking an ethical behaviour

But it really does depend on the question or the business.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepatel_1)
    If an ethics question did come up.. I would define what is meant by ethical behaviour and how the business is handling it, then possibly argue the benefits of the business behaving ethically towards employees, suppliers and local community.

Then I would go on to argue what costs it faces of taking an ethical behaviour

But it really does depend on the question or the business.

Hope this helps
    Thank you! Yes it does

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what we need to know about supply and demand? Would we need to draw a graph or explain a graph?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what we need to know about supply and demand? Would we need to draw a graph or explain a graph?:confused:
    I'm not sure on what others would say to this. But from the advise I have received I'd draw the graph and then explain because even though the graph says everything, examiner might want an explanation?.

I think a supply and demand question will come up, as looking through the past papers most of them have a question relating to supply and demand... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepatel_1)
    I'm not sure on what others would say to this. But from the advise I have received I'd draw the graph and then explain because even though the graph says everything, examiner might want an explanation?.

I think a supply and demand question will come up, as looking through the past papers most of them have a question relating to supply and demand... :rolleyes:
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks
    Interestingly knowledge of supply and demand diagram is not required, even if you draw the diagram completely wrong you are eligible for full marks.

I have seen other candidates whose supply and demand diagram is completely wrong, however they still score full marks (6) in the question. The diagram was ignored and did not stop the candidate from getting the rest of the marks. Hope that is more reassuring

ReputationRep:
    M doin g My exam tommorow. Yes my Friend did say 2014 paper was really hard.. im not sure but some people r predicting Nhs as it has been coming on the news lately. But then i think its a controversial topic so may not come up.. especially when nhs was a case study for micro economics in the recent years. I wish everyone good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heeloo!!!÷÷÷)
    M doin g My exam tommorow. Yes my Friend did say 2014 paper was really hard.. im not sure but some people r predicting Nhs as it has been coming on the news lately. But then i think its a controversial topic so may not come up.. especially when nhs was a case study for micro economics in the recent years. I wish everyone good luck!
    It best not be the NHS! I think it's quite a complex business for them to expect us to do! I so hope it's a business that makes a profit!

ReputationRep:
    Guys don't worry the paper is set at least a year and a half ago, because examiners need time to check and make spare papers just in case it gets leak. We should simply hope for a simple business model and normal questions.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's a business I know:bawling:
    good luck everyone for tomorrow !!

ReputationRep:
    What questions could there be about human resources?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akld212)
    Anything to do with like training and recruitment is human resources

ReputationRep:
    Anything asking about recruitment or training I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasinasc)
    Anything to do with like training and recruitment is human resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha we both put the same thing at the same time

ReputationRep:
    - Stages of recruitment

- Advantages and disadvantages of internal or external recruits

- Advantages and disadvantages of on the job training and off the job training

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.