Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ijazx1)
    Guys anyone here interested to join a PM study group for Chemistry?
    Can I join? I am so so scared about this exam :'(

ReputationRep:
    any predictions? Maybe its pointless considering how unpredictable biology was, but i would like some idea (even if its wrong) of what might come up when i go into the hall.

ReputationRep:
    ill join

ReputationRep:
    Anyone up for revision?Btw An easy way of learning the reactivity series is
    1. Potassium - K
    2. Calcium - Ca
    3. Sodium - Na
    4. Magnesium - Mg
    5. Aluminium - Al
    6. Zinc - Zn
    7. Iron - Fe
    8. Lead - Pb
    9. Hydrogen - H
    10. Copper - Cu
    11. Mercury - Hg
    12. Silver - Ag
    13. Gold - Au
    AS
    Please
    Charles
    Send
    Monkeys
    And
    Zebras
    In
    Lead
    Hard
    Cage
    With
    Maximum
    Security

ReputationRep:
    Yep I've got this exam tomorrow at 9:15 am, hoping it will be a good paper! Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuchin1)
    any predictions? Maybe its pointless considering how unpredictable biology was, but i would like some idea (even if its wrong) of what might come up when i go into the hall.
    I know this is broad, but I reckon there must be at least one question on the tests.

ReputationRep:
    You can't be too sure if its paper 2 or 1. Care to join my PM study group and we can discuss our ideas/revise
    Sorry, I've only just seen this. How did you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tau)
    Sorry, I've only just seen this. How did you find the exam?
    It was fine tbh, but hate the fact they asked us to draw a diagram of that conical flask and funnel :erm:

And... I left the last question which had the calculation for max mass as I didn't have enough time. Surprised that anything from Haber process, blast furnace didn't come!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was sooooo bad I did soooo badly

ReputationRep:
    The questions were short and simple, which was nice.

ReputationRep:
    It was fine tbh, but hate the fact they asked us to draw a diagram of that conical flask and funnel :erm:

And... I left the last question which had the calculation for max mass as I didn't have enough time. Surprised that anything from Haber process, blast furnace didn't come!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I imagine that they will come up in Paper 2. My diagram was terribly drawn but I think I'll get the marks for it.

ReputationRep:
    That must have been hell I hate not having enough time in exams

I thought it was okay to be honest, a lot better than I expected. I hated the fact that I'd finished and checked multiple times by the end of 40 minutes so I had 1 hour and 20 minutes of clock watching.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaMacluskie)
    That must have been hell I hate not having enough time in exams

I thought it was okay to be honest, a lot better than I expected. I hated the fact that I'd finished and checked multiple times by the end of 40 minutes so I had 1 hour and 20 minutes of clock watching.....
    You had so much free time? :O Well I was just wasting time trying to draw a neat diagram for that filtration question.. and my smooth curve wasnt very smooth so i had to do it again :/

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone get 120kg for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_green12)
    Did everyone get 120kg for the last question?
    I did!!! 🙌 I thought it was a good paper in general... Millions of times better than the biology on Tuesday 12th....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did everyone get 120kg for the last question?
    yesss i got it

ReputationRep:
    And 0.0045 for the mole question?

ReputationRep:
    And 0.0045 for the mole question?
    Yep!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much what we know that would come in Paper 2C is Electrolysis,Contact Process, Condensation polymerisation, gas volume calculations, percentage yield and such which are in bold in the Spec. We might get the blast furnace too since we didn't get anything on extraction of iron.

Considering we have quite a bit of time to revise for Paper 2C i suggest we all go through everything just to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    Hey can any one provide me with revision guides for both physics and chem 2c?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.