Turn on thread page Beta

Keep AWAY from occultist activity , palm readers, tarot cars, Ouja boards, e.t.c. watch

ReputationRep:
    this one is different:

'Ever since I was young boy, I've played the silver ball...' So sang The Who in their timeless anthem, Pinball Wizard. Readers below a certain age, may now need an explanation here of the way in which this exceedingly analogue, tremendously tactile game, allowed the player to feel as if they had merged with the machine until they could almost will the ball to hit a particular buffer or bounce between bumpers. Oh how thrilling it is to believe yourself to have telekinetic power. You really can exert mind over matter today.

it's nice to know that one has telekinetic powers :captain:

ReputationRep:
    this one is the best:

An exceptional day for the Piscean! It is a highly eventful day with prime focus on self-related issues rather than other matters. All that you do today will be about yourself. On a romantic front, the day looks promising enough while marriage also glows with happiness. Positive opportunities are presented at work as well making it a completely joyful day.

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Word Of God)
    You seem rather concerned having taken part in the horoscopes thread, don't do it again.
    Next time something like that pops up, ignore it, for God has a plan for your life,

God's plan for you is that you will

.Accept Salvation and go to Heaven
    . Prosper
    . Obey the Lord your God
    .endure good health and have a sound mind
    .live comfortably, marry and start a family

Satan also has a plan for your life and it is the complete opposite of what God wants for you

Satan wants you to....

. deny Jesus and your Salvation
    .fail in life
    .obey him and his demons
    .suffer ill health and an unhealthy mind
    .live In poverty, and in fornication
    . go to hell

Hopefully you understand that Jesus Christ is the God you should follow, live for, worship, abide by, and love. Surely you want to be on God's path and not on the road to destruction that Satan wants you to join him on.

God has a plan for your life, you needn't go looking for it, never ever should anybody use physic activity

frthnteapateapainiinteinteapaint eapaintinteapaintenteapainteapai ntinteapainterinteinteapfrthntea pateapainiinteinteapainteapafrth nteapateapainiinteinteapainteapa intinteapaintenteapainteapaintin teapainterinteinteapfrthnteapate apainiinteinteapainteapap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this is bear™'s horoscope for today:

You need to solve multiple mazes and puzzles today -- and most of them have been created by people who don't realize what they're doing. Focus your energy on solving the problems and getting to your desired destination -- don't waste it on laying blame or assigning culpability. Even if the people who are making things complicated admit to their misdeeds, nothing will change -- the problems will remain. Stay solution-oriented.

this is incredible... i always make myself do the Cryptic Crossword in the i paper, also at least one of the Sudokos and the Codeword... :eek::eek::eek:
    Cool.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Well most psychics are fraudulent (from experience) and I've tried a ouija board but literally nothing happened..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)

Hi

I hope you have taken notice of my earlier advice.

Jesus has a plan for everybody, we needn't go looking for answers into our future by going to physics.

You have a relationship with Jesus, ask him what your future holds, what he want's you to be doing now, what your future life will be.

God Bless

ReputationRep:
    this is bear™'s horoscope for today:

You need to solve multiple mazes and puzzles today -- and most of them have been created by people who don't realize what they're doing. Focus your energy on solving the problems and getting to your desired destination -- don't waste it on laying blame or assigning culpability. Even if the people who are making things complicated admit to their misdeeds, nothing will change -- the problems will remain. Stay solution-oriented.

this is incredible... i always make myself do the Cryptic Crossword in the i paper, also at least one of the Sudokos and the Codeword... :eek::eek::eek:

Hi.

You are aware that this thread is a warning of the danger's of occultism activity, that the Bible clearly forbids it.

Will you please stop writing several post's about horoscopes here, you know I am against it

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

You are aware that this thread is a warning of the danger's of occultism activity, that the Bible clearly forbids it.

Will you please stop writing several post's about horoscopes here, you know I am against it
    i was being ironic.

ReputationRep:
    i was being ironic.

Be ironic elsewhere please, this isn't the place for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunslingerZearon)
    one question? how does using psychic activities stray you from the path god has set for you? and also one thing is missing here that god gave us and that is free will, so what you're saying is that we can't have free will and must abide by his rules a deity that no one can see is controlling your life

Hi.

Interesting question

God created us and therefore owns us. He has the right to set the rules for our lives.
    We need not look to physics to reveal our future but instead we should look to God.

God's word indicates that these practices of occultism are part of Satan's strategy of evil tricks and deception, designed to lead us astray.
    Satan and his demon's are real beings - assigned to every person set on our destruction, those who are with Jesus needn't worry though, we believer's are protected and shielded from evil under the grace of God.

Ephesians 6:11-12

put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”

Now, addressing your second question.

A. I did not say we are not given free-will. Jesus has given us all a choice as to how we live our lives, some people dabble in the occult - through choice, other's do not.

B. We must abide by God's rules if we are to receive Salvation and get to Heaven.
    As said earlier, we all have a choice as to what we do in life and some may choose not to abide by God's rules , that is their choice and will reflect in their eternal outcome.

Most people cannot see Jesus whilst in earthly form, we can feel his presence and notice him working in our lives, we can hear him talking to us and he can hear us talking to him. it all depends on our personal relationship with Jesus

God Bless

ReputationRep:
    God Bless
    Can you answer a question for me?

What was God's relationship with Judas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reord)
    Can you answer a question for me?

What was God's relationship with Judas?

Hi.

While we cannot be absolutely certain why Judas betrayed Jesus, some things are certain.

First, although Judas was chosen to be one of the Twelve (John 6:64), all scriptural evidence points to the fact that he never believed Jesus to be God. He even may not have been convinced that Jesus was the Messiah (as Judas understood it).

Unlike the other disciples that called Jesus ''Lord'', Judas never used this title for Jesus and instead called him ''Rabbi'' which acknowledged Jesus as nothing more than a teacher.
    While other disciples made great professions of faith and loyalty ( John 6: 68 - 11:16), Judas never did so and appears to have remained silent.

Secondly, Judas not only lacked faith in Christ, but he also had little or no personal relationship with Jesus.

I hope this help's to answer your question.

God Bless

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I hope you have taken notice of my earlier advice.

Jesus has a plan for everybody, we needn't go looking for answers into our future by going to physics.

You have a relationship with Jesus, ask him what your future holds, what he want's you to be doing now, what your future life will be.

God Bless

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Interesting question

God created us and therefore owns us. He has the right to set the rules for our lives.
    We need not look to physics to reveal our future but instead we should look to God.

God's word indicates that these practices of occultism are part of Satan's strategy of evil tricks and deception, designed to lead us astray.
    Satan and his demon's are real beings - assigned to every person set on our destruction, those who are with Jesus needn't worry though, we believer's are protected and shielded from evil under the grace of God.

Ephesians 6:11-12

put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”

Now, addressing your second question.

A. I did not say we are not given free-will. Jesus has given us all a choice as to how we live our lives, some people dabble in the occult - through choice, other's do not.

B. We must abide by God's rules if we are to receive Salvation and get to Heaven.
    As said earlier, we all have a choice as to what we do in life and some may choose not to abide by God's rules , that is their choice and will reflect in their eternal outcome.

Most people cannot see Jesus whilst in earthly form, we can feel his presence and notice him working in our lives, we can hear him talking to us and he can hear us talking to him. it all depends on our personal relationship with Jesus

God Bless
    so essentially we are slaves to god? i just don't agree with slavery in any form either its to a deity or a mortal being

ReputationRep:
    My coffee grounds are predicting that this thread won't end well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    My coffee grounds are predicting that this thread won't end well.
    you will meet a tall dark stranger who recently lost his job. he will take you out for a bacon sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    While we cannot be absolutely certain why Judas betrayed Jesus...
    Yes we can be certain.

Money.

Plus his name was Judas... BIG give away.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

While we cannot be absolutely certain why Judas betrayed Jesus, some things are certain.

First, although Judas was chosen to be one of the Twelve (John 6:64), all scriptural evidence points to the fact that he never believed Jesus to be God. He even may not have been convinced that Jesus was the Messiah (as Judas understood it).

Unlike the other disciples that called Jesus ''Lord'', Judas never used this title for Jesus and instead called him ''Rabbi'' which acknowledged Jesus as nothing more than a teacher.
    While other disciples made great professions of faith and loyalty ( John 6: 68 - 11:16), Judas never did so and appears to have remained silent.

Secondly, Judas not only lacked faith in Christ, but he also had little or no personal relationship with Jesus.

I hope this help's to answer your question.

God Bless

Thanks a lot for your response. Why was Judas chosen as one of the Twelve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Yes we can be certain.

Money.

Plus his name was Judas... BIG give away.

Sure, money played a big part in Judas' betrayal but we cannot be ''absolutely'' certain that money was the main factor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reord)
    Thanks a lot for your response. Why was Judas chosen as one of the Twelve?

Hi.

Jesus selected Judas because this was part of God's plan.

Jesus' first hint that he was going to be betrayed was while speaking to a large crowd of ''disciples''.

John 6:64

But there are some of you who do not believe. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray him.

I hope this helps.

God Bless

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 28, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.