Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themoonisdown)
    What was question 3 on multiple choice again? I put D, the same as you but my friend put C.
    I seemed to have a lot of D answers which made me really paranoid, hate when it ends up being many of the same letter haha

Well, this is weird it comes up as you've said "question 2" on the thread but "question 3" on the reply quote :s

I take it you mean Q3 because I put D for that, it was the line graph for substrate concentration and you had to say how many days it took to decrease by 50% and I said it decreased from 14 to 7 in 5 days which was D

ReputationRep:
    And now it says Q3 on both and I look like an idiot :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbletea99)
    Ahh I put that and then rubbed it out and wrote mRNA instead because I remembered it being it a past paper as mRNA, but I'm pretty sure I got that one wrong :/
    Don't count on what I say haha but it did seem to make the most sense for the second part of the question. I have heard others, who are very good at sciences and biology, putting mRNA as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaJack45)
    Well, this is weird it comes up as you've said "question 2" on the thread but "question 3" on the reply quote :s

I take it you mean Q3 because I put D for that, it was the line graph for substrate concentration and you had to say how many days it took to decrease by 50% and I said it decreased from 14 to 7 in 5 days which was D
    I meant Q3 but I typed 2 and then edited it so that's probably why ahaha. And yeah think we are right since 50% of 14 is 7 and 7 was at 5 days

ReputationRep:

I've just realized your friend is right and we're wrong unfortunately I think!
    I never even noticed the scale going up the right hand side and I think that's the one you've to use haha, oh well only one mark

ReputationRep:
    I've just realized your friend is right and we're wrong unfortunately I think!
    I never even noticed the scale going up the right hand side and I think that's the one you've to use haha, oh well only one mark
    God dammit SQA trying to trick us, I did that too

ReputationRep:
    My multiple choice answers were:
    1-D 2-A 3-D 4-D 5-B 6-A 7-D 8-D 9-C 10-B 11-A 12-C 13-D 14-B 15-B 16-C 17-C 18-D 19-C 20-A

Where does everyone disagree and why? Hopefully have 15+ but I'm not sure
    What was Q20? I think I put something different but I can't remember the question

ReputationRep:
    I wrote adenine.. So that was so wrong haha..

See for the complementary strand was the letters just the same as above or were they the opposite base like if it was T then it would have been G?

ReputationRep:
    What was question 9 as well since I remember changing my answer from B to C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbletea99)
    God dammit SQA trying to trick us, I did that too
    Ahh no!! think lots of us have been caught out

ReputationRep:
    What was Q20? I think I put something different but I can't remember the question
    I wasn't sure with this one but the question was: "Which of the following statements describes the sequence of events when fertiliser leaches into a loch?

A Algal Bloom Develops -> Algae Die -> Oxygen Concentration Increases
    B Algal Bloom Develops -> Algae Die -> Oxygen Concentration Decreases
    C Oxygen Concentration Increases -> Algal Bloom Develops -> Algae Die
    D Algae Die -> Oxygen Concentration Decreases -> Algal Bloom Develops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim-98)

See for the complementary strand was the letters just the same as above or were they the opposite base like if it was T then it would have been G?
    I manage to not see that question and miss it but think it is just A and T, C and G

ReputationRep:

Opposite Base and T pairs with A

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't sure with this one but the question was: "Which of the following statements describes the sequence of events when fertiliser leaches into a loch?

I put B - think I remember studying it last night. The algal bloom develops since fertiliser leeches into river then eventually the algae die and are broken down by aerobic bacteria, which require oxygen so oxygen concentration decreases

ReputationRep:

I put B as the algae dies, allowing bacteria to eat the algae and multiply rapidly. This increases the rate of respiration, so oxygen concentration decreases

ReputationRep:
    Don't count on what I say haha but it did seem to make the most sense for the second part of the question. I have heard others, who are very good at sciences and biology, putting mRNA as well.
    Yeah I think it was mRNA.

ReputationRep:
    My multiple choice answers were:
    1-D 2-A 3-D 4-D 5-B 6-A 7-D 8-D 9-C 10-B 11-A 12-C 13-D 14-B 15-B 16-C 17-C 18-D 19-C 20-A

Where does everyone disagree and why? Hopefully have 15+ but I'm not sure
    Do you have a copy of the section 1 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Opposite Base and T pairs with A
    I'm looking forward to my extreme fail on august the fifth ))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interneruser111)
    Yeah I think it was mRNA.
    Ahh no! I feel like I've got quite a lot wrong now

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to my extreme fail on august the fifth ))))
    It's fine me too ahaha. I didn't even know that question was there but I suppose it was only a mark

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.