How to react to FwB ignoring me? watch

ReputationRep:
    is this ed milliband?

(Original post by Reformed)
    is this ed milliband?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok but he's said he loves me. Why would he say that if he definitely just wanted to be friends? It deffo wasn't friendship flavored I love you. Also we hold hands and cuddle and he says stuff to me like 'I miss cuddling you <3'. We don't act like friends + sex.
    Ah well that's what I mean by we don't know the entire story. I'd say that wasn't friends with benefits anymore then if he's started to say things like that I'd consider that seeing eachother (stage before a relationship when you're fairly exclusive).

If he does love you and you've gone off with another guy then he's obviously not gonna be happy about it. I don't understand why he'd tell you it's okay too if he loved you though? That's giving me mixed ideas of what's going on between you two.

He might be developing feelings for you and thought that even though you were FwB that you wouldn't actually do anything with other guys and has now realised that you'll just sleep with anyone and the fact you agreed to FwB shows that you like sleeping around and have little self respect so are not girlfriend material. Therefore this is making it awkward being around you.

(Original post by D.MCK)
    Ah well that's what I mean by we don't know the entire story. I'd say that wasn't friends with benefits anymore then if he's started to say things like that I'd consider that seeing eachother (stage before a relationship when you're fairly exclusive).

If he does love you and you've gone off with another guy then he's obviously not gonna be happy about it. I don't understand why he'd tell you it's okay too if he loved you though? That's giving me mixed ideas of what's going on between you two.
    Well I said it's ok for us to have sex with other ppl when he asked if it is, even though I'd be upset if I knew he'd much as flirted with someone else. I said it cos it would feel weird to say I'm not cool with him having sex w other ppl (hypothetically - p sure he doesn't). I tried to talk to him about what we are and he ended up saying that he'd never said he had intentions for anything other than friendship... Right mate but I've held hands with you publicly and you call me your darling and I'm the only girl you've had sex with for the past... almost YEAR (unless he's been dishonest about his sexual activities)... Don't think I'm crazy to think he might at least slightly want a relationship w me? Like obvs I also need take into account the fact that we don't talk much but 'just friends' (a phrase he actually used in the aforementioned convo) is silly in the extreme as a descriptor for us. Anyway after that convo he ignored me for a couple of days, then he started a convo and during that he stopped answering and ignored me til Wednesday morning

He might be developing feelings for you and thought that even though you were FwB that you wouldn't actually do anything with other guys and has now realised that you'll just sleep with anyone and the fact you agreed to FwB shows that you like sleeping around and have little self respect so are not girlfriend material. Therefore this is making it awkward being around you.
    I won't just sleep with anyone though lol. All I did with the other guy is kiss and I didn't like it cos I wanted it to be my FwB

ReputationRep:
    Well I said it's ok for us to have sex with other ppl when he asked if it is, even though I'd be upset if I knew he'd much as flirted with someone else. I said it cos it would feel weird to say I'm not cool with him having sex w other ppl (hypothetically - p sure he doesn't). I tried to talk to him about what we are and he ended up saying that he'd never said he had intentions for anything other than friendship... Right mate but I've held hands with you publicly and you call me your darling and I'm the only girl you've had sex with for the past... almost YEAR (unless he's been dishonest about his sexual activities)... Don't think I'm crazy to think he might at least slightly want a relationship w me? Like obvs I also need take into account the fact that we don't talk much but 'just friends' (a phrase he actually used in the aforementioned convo) is silly in the extreme as a descriptor for us. Anyway after that convo he ignored me for a couple of days, then he started a convo and during that he stopped answering and ignored me til Wednesday morning
    You have every right to feel that way.

I still don't understand why he'd tell you he loves you and then just wants to be friends. Perhaps blinded by lust? Personally I'd ask him about it.

A man should be straight to the point, confident and know what he wants. Being insecure and dishonest are not good traits and these are 2 that he comes across as having (just assuming from what I've read). In all honesty I'd get him to act like a man about it, friends with benefits or not you want a man not a boy which I'm gonna say is pretty safe to assume.

(Original post by D.MCK)
    You have every right to feel that way.

I still don't understand why he'd tell you he loves you and then just wants to be friends. Perhaps blinded by lust? Personally I'd ask him about it.

A man should be straight to the point, confident and know what he wants. Being insecure and dishonest are not good traits and these are 2 that he comes across as having (just assuming from what I've read). In all honesty I'd get him to act like a man about it, friends with benefits or not you want a man not a boy which I'm gonna say is pretty safe to assume.
    Well 'I love you' is something people just say bc oxytocin, but he's said other romanticy stuff...

He is def insecure. When I confront him about our relationship or whatever you wanna call it he isn't always totally honest lol but I am dishonest too cos I don't wanna be too vulnerable. >.> Oh and I'm even more insecure than he is. We're both inexperienced and a bit neurotic about relationships imo

ReputationRep:
    My FwB has been ignoring me for ten days. He's gone a week without talking to me before but then apologized for not having talked for awhile. We've been friends for quite awhile and I like him a lot so I'm unhappy and worried. Last time we talked properly I said that I kissed another guy. Is that probably why he's ignoring me? He didn't seem bothered at the time, and he initiated another conversation awhile after that. :/
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    Does it really matter if he's ignoring you? You're only FwB. The whole point of the relationship is to have sex with no emotional attachments or anything.
    read this OP and fly away, birdie :yy:

ReputationRep:
    If he's ignoring you i'd take it as a bad sign and move on dear, FwB never ends well really im afraid.. but who knows he might just be busy with something ring him have a serious chat see where y'all stand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    Does it really matter if he's ignoring you? You're only FwB. The whole point of the relationship is to have sex with no emotional attachments or anything.
    You should know as well as the rest of man kind that sex with no feelings is rare... study the brain a bit, dopamine, oxytocin etc. etc. will affect the brain and cause feelings in most, not everyone can shag and not care.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.