Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Where have you been? This is me
    I'm making that decision too by the end of this week haha
    If I completely fail, it's either I start again or I travel abroad to start experience in performing arts.
    Are you doing the access course as well?

I feel your pain, i'm ending my uni dreams with will pain me for life. I'm currently applying for BTEC Music where i would be stuck with 16 years olds when i will be 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    Are you doing the access course as well?

I feel your pain, i'm ending my uni dreams with will pain me for life. I'm currently applying for BTEC Music where i would be stuck with 16 years olds when i will be 20
    Oh no A levels but I want to do an access course however changed my mind from hearing how intense it is. My friend at college is doing an access course at it seems harder than A levels sometimes due to the ridiculous amount of work set. I don't want to die from stress so I just left the idea, me and coursework do not go well together haha. Don't worry about age, seriously. In the music business, as long as your talented no one cares. It's why I love it so much, it's fun and creative.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no A levels but I want to do an access course however changed my mind from hearing how intense it is. My friend at college is doing an access course at it seems harder than A levels sometimes due to the ridiculous amount of work set. I don't want to die from stress so I just left the idea, me and coursework do not go well together haha. Don't worry about age, seriously. In the music business, as long as your talented no one cares. It's why I love it so much, it's fun and creative.
    Do you think you will pass your A-levels? your doing the right thing in not taking an access course as this is just hell. I have like 6 exams and 11 courseworks or more. And i only have SIX weeks to do this in? do you think its possible??? no lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    Do you think you will pass your A-levels? your doing the right thing in not taking an access course as this is just hell. I have like 6 exams and 11 courseworks or more. And i only have SIX weeks to do this in? do you think its possible??? no lol
    Haha hell no- I've already prepared myself for next year's specification for the next subjects I will choose once I decide to repeat year 12. But then again results day could be surprising. If I pass 2 a levels- C and above, I'll keep those two onto A2 and pick up an AS. I know I am going to fail one because I have stopped preparing for it due to time.
    I know you may not believe, but it actually could be done. What subjects are you currently doing?

ReputationRep:
    I know you may not believe, but it actually could be done. What subjects are you currently doing?
    Nah, it can't be done because my attendance is like 55%. I'm doing an Access course in Business but the units are a piss take. Their not easy as some have exams and a lot have coursework. If you fail the whole thing, you don't get anything from the course unlike A-levels where a fail is graded D-U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    Nah, it can't be done because my attendance is like 55%. I'm doing an Access course in Business but the units are a piss take. Their not easy as some have exams and a lot have coursework. If you fail the whole thing, you don't get anything from the course unlike A-levels where a fail is graded D-U
    You're right about a levels and access courses. But I'm being completely serious here, people have been in your situation before and came out successfully. Even now at this moment, those doing access courses at my college are in the same position as you but in two weeks they began to pick up. The secret to that is not waste time worrying and being super productive. So in total you have 17 things to prepare for in six weeks- 6 exams and 11 course-works right? No it's actual possible but you'd have no social life for six weeks and I'm being very serious. If you have anxiety to, expect it to shoot up even more because this route is tiring.
    But aside from that, get the specifications for each units and work out the things you need to do for your exams. The specification tells you what you need to know for your exams and do past papers.
    For your coursework really try and get everything finished in 2/3 weeks so you have 4/3 weeks which is a month of study. If you can hire a tutor, get study groups or have a friend who is available to help you finish your coursework. Not going to lie, it is stressful but it can work.
    These 11 courseworks, how long does it take you to do one?

My attendance is lower than yours by the way.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I just have this vivid image of you writhing on the floor now!.. If you are being serious, I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    My attendance is lower than yours by the way.
    I have no motivation anymore. and i do have anxiety which ruined this course in the first place.

This is interetsing in what said because I told my tutor why didn't you kick me out in December (due to poor attendance) and then i told her that i was deluded and that i would give her notice for me to leave the course. She ****ing surprised me and said 'i will do everything for you to pass this course' obviously i don't believe since she and other tutors never marks my work on time hence the difficulty in keeping up.

In your AS studies what is the main issue why you think you can't do well? I mean i did BTEC when i was your age (never do it) but i have some sixth form experience of the pain people go through at this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    I have no motivation anymore. and i do have anxiety which ruined this course in the first place.

This is interetsing in what said because I told my tutor why didn't you kick me out in December (due to poor attendance) and then i told her that i was deluded and that i would give her notice for me to leave the course. She ****ing surprised me and said 'i will do everything for you to pass this course' obviously i don't believe since she and other tutors never marks my work on time hence the difficulty in keeping up.

In your AS studies what is the main issue why you think you can't do well? I mean i did BTEC when i was your age (never do it) but i have some sixth form experience of the pain people go through at this time.
    Don't give up. I have anxiety too and due to leaving things last minute, procrastinating and worrying about failure here I am. I realised it's all in my head, I need to be proactive.
    You'll tell your story one day of how you overcame this looking from your previous posts- your character seems strong even though you believe you cannot do it. If the worse happens, you can always go back to doing your
    a-levels even though they wouldn't be free anymore for you or do them privately. People self-teach themselves subjects now due to so many free resources out there. There's fast track A-levels but these are expensive, however you can get your 2/3 a levels in one year. This is stressful though as what takes everyone 2 years to learn, you'll do in 1. However people have done it with hard work and dedicate entering even good universities such as Bristol and even Durham.

It's never the end, some even go abroad for university where the grade requirements are reasonable.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.