Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyabrwn)
    Only have notes for the info about crowded coasts?
    That would be great!

ReputationRep:
    How many case studies should we know for each rebranding and crowded coasts?

For crowded coasts I know a few small ones such as Australia and Spain and then obviously the Holderness coast and blackwater estuary.

But for rebranding I only really know the 2012 olympics and also Eden Project.

Also- for Eden Project, do we have to know about the whole of Cornwall too?
    For Rebranding, just 1 for sports so you have the olympics, one rural, one urban, a costal one such as blackpool will help. Maybe one for sustainable development.

Costal, remember that you can always use the area you used for your research such as North Norfolk for me, and just make sure you have ideas of ports and other coasts for coastal development. I took the test last year so I have a vague idea. Not a good one though since..I did kind of fail > . >

ReputationRep:

For crowded coasts I know a few small ones such as Australia and Spain and then obviously the Holderness coast and blackwater estuary.

For coasts I have a a few examples such as Dubai, Southampton Water etc as well as the ones already mentioned
    For rebranding we did the whole of cornwall as it had objective one funding into smaller projects and stuff, also did Liverpool as an urban example

so scared for this exam! have hardly any notes on Curitiba!

ReputationRep:
    Guys does anyone know if in the rebranding 15marker they'll always be a choice between urban and rural? All the past questions I've seen have given a choice but what do others think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulumaca16)
    Guys does anyone know if in the rebranding 15marker they'll always be a choice between urban and rural? All the past questions I've seen have given a choice but what do others think?
    For the 15 marker, it is always a choice between rural or urban since it is based off your investigation which can be either. =D
    P.S Don't do what did last year and not practise questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terryhb)
    For the 15 marker, it is always a choice between rural or urban since it is based off your investigation which can be either. =D
    P.S Don't do what did last year and not practise questions.
    Oh great so I can get away with only revising one? Yeah dw I've practised :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulumaca16)
    Oh great so I can get away with only revising one? Yeah dw I've practised :-)
    Uh....I don't think you can get away. Since they might ask you a 10 mark question on rural rebranding. So make sure you know a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Uh....I don't think you can get away. Since they might ask you a 10 mark question on rural rebranding. So make sure you know a bit.
    Ah yeah sorry I meant I can get away with only learning say the rural fieldwork and research

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously freaking out on this exam. I feel like I don't know any content. Any chance someone could test me on crowded coasts and rebranding?

ReputationRep:

coasts-holderness, southampton, jurassic, mine head and dubai
    rebranding-somerset, boscombe, cornwall, 190's london dockyards and 2012 olympics

ReputationRep:
    What about anything to do with the Land Use case study, its most likely to come up because it weren't in the exam last year. I have no idea how to structure it however everything else is a piece of cake.

ReputationRep:
    https://geographyalevelslc.wordpress...rowded-coasts/
    there are case studies for crowded coasts on this website and there also some powerpoints on competition for coasts, coping with pressure, increasing risks and coastal management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Shala)
    What about anything to do with the Land Use case study, its most likely to come up because it weren't in the exam last year. I have no idea how to structure it however everything else is a piece of cake.
    What's the Land Use case-study?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    That would be great!

here!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Crowded Coasts.docx (215.8 KB, 400 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelle.1483)
    coasts-holderness, southampton, jurassic, mine head and dubai
    rebranding-somerset, boscombe, cornwall, 190's london dockyards and 2012 olympics
    thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    For Rebranding, just 1 for sports so you have the olympics, one rural, one urban, a costal one such as blackpool will help. Maybe one for sustainable development.

Costal, remember that you can always use the area you used for your research such as North Norfolk for me, and just make sure you have ideas of ports and other coasts for coastal development. I took the test last year so I have a vague idea. Not a good one though since..I did kind of fail > . >
    ok great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eshattock)
    For coasts I have a a few examples such as Dubai, Southampton Water etc as well as the ones already mentioned
    For rebranding we did the whole of cornwall as it had objective one funding into smaller projects and stuff, also did Liverpool as an urban example
    ok, thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:

I

thin kyou probably will just need to know wy there was a need to rebrand i the first place
    - lack of primary industry
    - low wages
    - brain drain = spiral of decline
    ect..

ad then the techniques to rebrand
    - food eg. jamies oliver 15 resteraunt
    - sport eg. watergate bay water sports
    - eden project ( increasing toursim all year round )

ReputationRep:
    I wish you all of you luck tomorrow. I know I'll need it :cry2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2016

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.