Turn on thread page Beta

I am a recovered IV heroin addict, AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    Describe the feeling
    Of what? Withdrawal, abstinence or an opiate high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    Also, how long into your addiction did your family members find out? And how did they find out?

Well done for getting through it!
    I don't know when they knew for sure. They knew I had been taking too many pain pills for a long time but I don't know how far along it was when they found out I was shooting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvaAdore)
    Codeine is converted to morphine in the liver. Do you mean straight up codeine phosphate or co-codamol? If the latter, be careful with that **** cos the paracetamol will kill you way faster than the opiates would

ive never had morphine medically administered in a way I can remember so I can't really compare - plus everyone reacts different and situational tolerance is a factor - however as I said I used to shoot Oxy and that is approx twice as strong as morphine.
    Codein phosphate 60mg. Then they got rid of my repeat prescription after 8 months when I changed doctors. Been getting 30mg since.

Of what? Withdrawal, abstinence or an opiate high?
    the best heroin high
    have you taken mdma or coke? any comparisons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    How did you have the Codeine? Syrup? And was it recreational use, at parties etc?
    Never syrup - that wasn't really a thing then as much as it is now. Just regular old 30mg/500mg co-codamol with the paracetamol extracted.

Was never a party drug for me - I'd feel sociable for the shortest time but I'd wanna be in bed and laying down for the nod.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know when they knew for sure. They knew I had been taking too many pain pills for a long time but I don't know how far along it was when they found out I was shooting
    Oh wow. Do you live with them? I thought it would be an easy thing to hide from family if you just broke contact for a long time during that period. My family would just assume I didn't want to talk to them :lol:

ReputationRep:
    how long were you using for

I watched that black tar documentary from the 90's last night, was so ****ed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    the best heroin high
    have you taken mdma or coke? any comparisons?
    Yeah taken both, I'm not into either. You can't really compare because they effect the body so differently. To me I didn't love them cos they don't give me that mellow rush of euphoria. I was never a big fan of stimulants or party drugs.

An opiate high feels like warmth spreading through you, you can feel is tingling your head, all anxiety and worry is completely gone. It's bliss. After the peak comes the nod - it's like that feeling you get when you're so tired and falling asleep, your thoughts running all over the place. It's a warm cocoon, a wonderful feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    how long were you using for

I watched that black tar documentary from the 90's last night, was so ****ed up
    I haven't seen it - what channel? A couple years problematically

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. Do you live with them? I thought it would be an easy thing to hide from family if you just broke contact for a long time during that period. My family would just assume I didn't want to talk to them :lol:
    Nope haven't lived with them for years. I kicked while at uni. Ridiculous times.

ReputationRep:
    Codein phosphate 60mg. Then they got rid of my repeat prescription after 8 months when I changed doctors. Been getting 30mg since.
    Did you abuse them? It's harder to get high when you are in legitimate pain. It's about the opioid receptors in your brain. That's why people in hospital don't leave with a morphine habit. The science is pretty cool. But I may be biased

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen it - what channel? A couple years problematically
    be glad you got clean, half the people in this are dead now. Did you ever try krokodil? it's even worse than heroin

also, is the high at all like valium or is it completely different?

ReputationRep:
    Did you abuse them? It's harder to get high when you are in legitimate pain. It's about the opioid receptors in your brain. That's why people in hospital don't leave with a morphine habit. The science is pretty cool. But I may be biased
    I took quite a few with a lot of alcohol most of the time. I've got a genetic disease so I am in moderate pain all the time, but I've had the pain for a few years so I can kind of ignore the twinges. But the codeine high with alcohol is just amazing. Wouldn't choose any other drug over it. I do it in very short binges and then have a gap of about a month to make sure I don't get addicted, but I don't really get addicted to things thankfully.

Did actually use it very heavily when I was in severe pain and it was still very good then! But I didn't take as strong doses back then because it was co-codamol and occasionally co-dydramol. Not worth risking taking a lot of that.

Nope haven't lived with them for years. I kicked while at uni. Ridiculous times.
    And nice! Stopping it at uni when you're when you're pretty much free from responsibilities (other than the occasional deadline) seems like you realised it was time to stop.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Started on codeine, which is the baby of the opioids, loved the feeling but tolerance grows fast so I ended up on heroin
    Are you still able to take OTC opiates like co-codamol or do you have to totally avoid them for life to prevent relapse?

Just interested as I'm currently taking a fair amount of co-codamol at the moment for a couple of broken ribs and I'm petrified about addiction. I've never taken it before and because it does almost nothing for the pain the temptation to increase the dose is ever present.

ReputationRep:
    be glad you got clean, half the people in this are dead now. Did you ever try krokodil? it's even worse than heroin

Valium is just a brand name for diazepam. It's benzo and not one of the strongest. It's not an opiate so the effects are different. Some people report euphoria in high doses but i never experienced that.

I would suggest you don't **** with benzos - withdrawal is absolute hell and like alcohol you can die from the withdrawal. A lot of people experience seizures when they kick without tapering down or too dramatic a tapering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Are you still able to take OTC opiates like co-codamol or do you have to totally avoid them for life to prevent relapse?

Just interested as I'm currently taking a fair amount of co-codamol at the moment for a couple of broken ribs and I'm petrified about addiction. I've never taken it before and because it does almost nothing for the pain the temptation to increase the dose is ever present.
    I'm done with opioids. How many do you take at a time and how many per day? if you take more than two at a time and more than 8 a day you will **** your liver because of the paracetamol.

If you take it as prescribed you will be fine, and if you take it for legitimate pain. Shouldn't be taken everyday day though - you should try not taking them for a couple days. If you feel like you have the flu then you're in withdrawal and you're probably physically dependent

If this pills don't help you, go back to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I took quite a few with a lot of alcohol most of the time. I've got a genetic disease so I am in moderate pain all the time, but I've had the pain for a few years so I can kind of ignore the twinges. But the codeine high with alcohol is just amazing. Wouldn't choose any other drug over it. I do it in very short binges and then have a gap of about a month to make sure I don't get addicted, but I don't really get addicted to things thankfully.

Did actually use it very heavily when I was in severe pain and it was still very good then! But I didn't take as strong doses back then because it was co-codamol and occasionally co-dydramol. Not worth risking taking a lot of that.

And nice! Stopping it at uni when you're when you're pretty much free from responsibilities (other than the occasional deadline) seems like you realised it was time to stop.
    That's cool. Please be careful mixing codeine and alcohol - they are both depressants, they both depress the respiratory system. So when enough is used together, you run the risk of stopping breathing in your sleep. Stay safe. I hope your doctors can help you in managing your pain.

ReputationRep:
    How much does a shot of Heroin cost and how did you finance it?

ReputationRep:
    That's cool. Please be careful mixing codeine and alcohol - they are both depressants, they both depress the respiratory system. So when enough is used together, you run the risk of stopping breathing in your sleep. Stay safe. I hope your doctors can help you in managing your pain.
    Yeah they are . I've used it a few times so I know when I start feeling bad. And spicy food is horrendous, nearly enough to make me never want it again. The cramps you get from it are so painful and last for ages :/.

Yeah, hopefully they do.

ReputationRep:

Oh and thanks for the vid, you rock.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.