Turn on thread page Beta

I work with the admissions team for Aston's Pharmacy Course Ask Me Anything watch

ReputationRep:
    Can you get in with an AS level in chemistry instead of A2? Alongside biology, maths and psychology?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Best of luck to everyone today with your results and securing your places at the Universities of your choice.

This is the link to our clearing page at Aston University http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/ and our telephone number is 0121 204 4444. Please get in touch if you want to discuss an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    Best of luck to everyone today with your results and securing your places at the Universities of your choice.

This is the link to our clearing page at Aston University http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/ and our telephone number is 0121 204 4444. Please get in touch if you want to discuss an offer.
    Hi, I'm doing a pharmaceutical science course, would it be possible to transfer to Aston for pharmacy for the next year if I got 70+% in the first year of my degree?
    I know some universities allow this, I'm just not sure if Aston do.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Me123456789)
    Hi, I'm doing a pharmaceutical science course, would it be possible to transfer to Aston for pharmacy for the next year if I got 70+% in the first year of my degree?
    I know some universities allow this, I'm just not sure if Aston do.
    Hi,

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to transfers, all offers are made on an individual basis, the best course of action is to contact the admissions department for our pharmacy course requesting a transfer when you are holding your first year results from another university.

Not only the grade needs to be taken in to account but the similarity of what you've been taught and tested on to our course, to see if you would be eligible.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to transfers, all offers are made on an individual basis, the best course of action is to contact the admissions department for our pharmacy course requesting a transfer when you are holding your first year results from another university.

Not only the grade needs to be taken in to account but the similarity of what you've been taught and tested on to our course, to see if you would be eligible.

Josh
    So it does happen, assuming the course content is similar enough and the first year grades are good? Also would this need to be done through UCAS, or would a phone call/ interview be used?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Me123456789)
    So it does happen, assuming the course content is similar enough and the first year grades are good? Also would this need to be done through UCAS, or would a phone call/ interview be used?
    Yes transfers are a possibility, it would be done solely through contact with our admissions team and the one at your current university. You would have to also inform them that you're changing university.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    Yes transfers are a possibility, it would be done solely through contact with our admissions team and the one at your current university. You would have to also inform them that you're changing university.

Josh
    Ok, thank you!

ReputationRep:

Josh
    I'm studying physics with chemistry this year, would a transfer to the first year of Aston pharmacy be allowed, or would it have to be a pharmacy related course like the one mentioned by the above poster?

ReputationRep:
    How does requirements drop from AAB to BBC?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by LittleBoxes)
    I'm studying physics with chemistry this year, would a transfer to the first year of Aston pharmacy be allowed, or would it have to be a pharmacy related course like the one mentioned by the above poster?
    Hi,

It may be possible to transfer from the degree you are studying. As Josh explained, transfers are usually done on a case by case basis in discussion with the Admissions team at Aston.

Rabia
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    How does requirements drop from AAB to BBC?
    Hi,

The grade requirements are stated on the website (AAB) however during clearing we may accept slightly lower grades depending on the candidate and also how many places we have.

Rabia

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a few questions I hope you can answer! I have received an offer of AAB for Pharmacy at Aston and it states on my letter that if I get ABB on results day I will get in. What are the chances of me still being accepted if I firm Aston, but get something like BBC? Also, if I get into my insurance choice with the grades, can I still get into Aston in any way? Thanks

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.