Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 21.27.33.png
Views: 1040
Size:  72.4 KBThis was just mean of AQA
    QUOTE=jessm8;55806133]honestly if aqa are following their 6 marker trend this year i think it'll be on describing and explaining someones results or planning your own experiment just a thought really [/QUOTE]

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 21.27.33.png
Views: 1040
Size:  72.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    hahaha i prefer those ones because you have more of a chance because you're given pretty much all the information you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessm8)
    hahaha i prefer those ones because you have more of a chance because you're given pretty much all the information you need
    I literally described it as much as possible, although I couldn't find any explanation to go with it

ReputationRep:
    P2 topic predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Forces on Elastic objects
    Static Electricity
    Momentum
    Series and Parallel circuits
    Nuclear Fission
    Nuclear Fusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    Forces on Elastic objects
    Static Electricity
    Momentum
    Series and Parallel circuits
    Nuclear Fission
    Nuclear Fusion
    Confident with all of these so that's promising haha, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get momentum, can someone please explain to me what we need to know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren-x-)
    How does the transformer create a current at the secondary coil? I thought that the magnetic field was continuously expanding and collapsing and a pd was induced at the ends of the secondary coil creating a current but my teacher marked it wrong but that's what it says in one of my books? Confused! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was talking to my teacher and he gave me an answer that would be worth 5/5 for a transformer question so I memorised it aha:
    An alternating current is passed through the the primary coil. This produces an alternating magnetic field. The alternating magnetic field passes through the soft iron core. The magnetic field flips inside the secondary coil. This induces and alternating potential difference inside the secondary coil. An alternating current then flows through the secondary coil.

He said that the word 'alternating' is very important to get you full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    I really don't get momentum, can someone please explain to me what we need to know?
    Just remember that momentum is always conserved. This means that the initial momentum is exactly the same as the final momentum. For example, before a cannon has shot a cannonball, nothing is moving so the momentum is zero. This means that when the cannonball has been shot, the overall momentum is still zero because momentum is conserved. So if the cannonball leaves the cannon with a momentum of 80kgm/s, then the cannon itself would need a momentum of -80kgm/s to make zero. It is negative 80kgm/s because the cannon has moved in the negative direction (backwards) because it recoils when the cannonball has been shot.

ReputationRep:
    i'm guessing fusion/fission, stars or velocity time graph for the 6 marker

ReputationRep:
    I'm stressing out so much about physics, especially P3. Like 75% of P2 is equations so that's all right but P3 is just awful. I've missed loads of lessons due to various reasons and I'm just relying on my A* in my ISA (don't get me wrong it was centre of mass, it was really easy) & P1 to boost my grade up whatever I get. Plus my teacher is really nice but he just lets the class talk, writes answers on the board 5 seconds after telling us questions, and doesn't really teach that well so I'm having to rely on the CGP book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyrailly)
    I'm stressing out so much about physics, especially P3. Like 75% of P2 is equations so that's all right but P3 is just awful. I've missed loads of lessons due to various reasons and I'm just relying on my A* in my ISA (don't get me wrong it was centre of mass, it was really easy) & P1 to boost my grade up whatever I get. Plus my teacher is really nice but he just lets the class talk, writes answers on the board 5 seconds after telling us questions, and doesn't really teach that well so I'm having to rely on the CGP book
    P3 is the easiest one!

ReputationRep:
    If you prefer to be taught than teaching yourself from the revision guide, I would advise buying the mygcsescience videos but if if it's too late to buy a description then try finding some youtube videos where certain topics are explained!

ReputationRep:
    P3 is the easiest one!
    I beg to differ :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I use MyGCSEscience and it's helping me a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    If you prefer to be taught than teaching yourself from the revision guide, I would advise buying the mygcsescience videos but if if it's too late to buy a description then try finding some youtube videos where certain topics are explained!
    It's not that I mind the CGP book it's the fact that I'm having to do so much in such a small amount of time... kind of my fault that I didn't realise just how much I needed to understand & catch up :c

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I mind the CGP book it's the fact that I'm having to do so much in such a small amount of time... kind of my fault that I didn't realise just how much I needed to understand & catch up :c
    Oh, well all you can do is work hard now, I'm sure you can do it, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to answer the equations, like how do you know which equation to use? I find this a bit confusing! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a456)
    Hi, does anyone have any advice on how to answer the equations, like how do you know which equation to use? I find this a bit confusing! Thanks.
    They give you the formula's on the equation sheet in the exam= You will be required to rearrange the formula

ReputationRep:
    They give you the formula's on the equation sheet in the exam= You will be required to rearrange the formula
    Thank you, but how do you decide which equation to pick from the sheet? I always end up confused which one it is? Sorry.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.