Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm also doing the GCSE Spanish tomorrow (15/05/15). Lucky for you that it is something you enjoy! There will probably be some stuff related to families or the 'el medio ambiente' (environment) or 'mi vida sana' (my healthy lifestyle. Do you think that there are any trends in any topics that have appeared in previous past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incognito287)
    Yeah, I'm also doing the GCSE Spanish tomorrow (15/05/15). Lucky for you that it is something you enjoy! There will probably be some stuff related to families or the 'el medio ambiente' (environment) or 'mi vida sana' (my healthy lifestyle. Do you think that there are any trends in any topics that have appeared in previous past papers?
    Yeah I definitely agree with el medio ambiente coming up as it's only ever come up once (my teacher gave us all of the past papers there possibly is). Possibly healthy lifestyle too because that hasn't come up in a while. What do you mean by families?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex34215)
    Got predicted a C for my Spanish. Am praying that holidays comes up as the last big question (can't remember how many marks :/......20? 15?) good luck all
    Holidays would be an ideal question, however i think the environment (el medio ambiente) has a good chance of coming up

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all you Spanish speakers! I had my Edexcel French on Tuesday and it wasn't too bad, so if that's anything to go by you should be fine. I'd recommend scribbling down as many related words as you can during your 5 minutes reading time for the listening as this really helped me listen out for certain words.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about knowing the different family members and people eg: mujer, abuela, etc. Maybe el acoso escolar (school bully), but i dunno.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of worried for my Spanish exam tomorrow because all my teacher taught us in the past two years that stuck was Tener, and then left us to do textbook work :albertein:
    Buena suerte!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know them questions where you have to say if it's past/present/future, how the hell are you meant to know? Someone plz help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahTalc)
    Kind of worried for my Spanish exam tomorrow because all my teacher taught us in the past two years that stuck was Tener, and then left us to do textbook work :albertein:
    Buena suerte!
    Tu tambien!

ReputationRep:
    i want to say good luck to you all, however you guys don't need luck, we all will do really well!

ReputationRep:
    I'm screwed :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beforetheworst)
    Do you know them questions where you have to say if it's past/present/future, how the hell are you meant to know? Someone plz help
    Look at the verb endings :-)
    Verbs ending in -o (ar verbs) or -e (er/ir verbs) are present
    Verbs ending in -é (ar) or -í (er/ir) are past/Preterite
    Verbs structured like voy a INFINITIVE are future because that means i'm going to + verb

Hope that helps!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't even know how I feel about that test. How did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    I don't even know how I feel about that test. How did everyone else find it?
    The listening was stupidly hard, honestly. Like why go straight into the question without a pause after the example (e.g Q1). That threw me so i think i messed listening up but reading wasnt too bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    The listening was stupidly hard, honestly. Like why go straight into the question without a pause after the example (e.g Q1). That threw me so i think i messed listening up but reading wasnt too bad!
    Agreed. Listening was so hard

ReputationRep:
    The listening was absolutely ridiculous I guessed at least half of it!

ReputationRep:
    That was such a hard listening and reading I'm so scared for my resulting predicted an A overak and my controlled assessments together were roughly a B. Hardly knew any of the vocab 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Thats exactly what i thought. It was a completely different format than all the other past papers on Edexcel. It was tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabert)
    That was such a hard listening and reading I'm so scared for my resulting predicted an A overak and my controlled assessments together were roughly a B. Hardly knew any of the vocab 😢
    I know! , probably the worst exam i have done so far!
    it was ridiculous for edexcel to release a paper which didn't even make sense most of the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biologyisawful)
    The listening was absolutely ridiculous I guessed at least half of it!
    Yeah I know it was impossible! And usually if one paper is really hard the other is super easy and it was just a bit odd

Hopefully grade boundaries are low!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcsegirl)
    Yeah I know it was impossible! And usually if one paper is really hard the other is super easy and it was just a bit odd

Hopefully grade boundaries are low!
    they definitely will be low. Probably about 24 for an A*.(listening)
    31 for an A* (reading)
    (look at June 2013 grade boundaries , probably the easiest exams for me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.