Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoona123456)
    Which are you doing- the film, book..?
    I'm doing Am kürzeren Ende der Sonnenallee for the book, and Goodbye Lenin for the film. I don't know why we are doing both for the exam, I'll probably write about Goodbye Lenin though. What are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I just decided to focus on Goodbye Lenin, the questions are so predictable. It could be something like 'How does your director provoke strong emotion in the audience' or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amygreenn)
    I'm doing Am kürzeren Ende der Sonnenallee for the book, and Goodbye Lenin for the film. I don't know why we are doing both for the exam, I'll probably write about Goodbye Lenin though. What are you doing?
    SOunds great! I'm doing Das Leben der Anderen for the film and Damals War es Friedrich for book. I'm also focussing on the film x

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to answer a film question in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the essay on the DDR. Anyone else doing that too? With one week left I am just going through past papers, continuing with vocab learning on memrise and practising translations; which are my weakest points!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got a high B last year (literally one or two marks off an A) overall. My teacher reckons I will get a high B on my speaking if she marks harsh. I resat my AS paper too so hopefully that went up to an A. Normally drop around 10 marks on the A2 paper. What do you think the chances are of getting an A or an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leanne1455)
    I got a high B last year (literally one or two marks off an A) overall. My teacher reckons I will get a high B on my speaking if she marks harsh. I resat my AS paper too so hopefully that went up to an A. Normally drop around 10 marks on the A2 paper. What do you think the chances are of getting an A or an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you will get an A..
    I just got an A last year with 169 marks or ums? I dunno.. how much would I need in A2 to get an A again? or A* overall?

ReputationRep:
    118 ums out of 140 I think for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has only told us to study the book! (Der Vorleser) but i prefer the DDR to be honest
    At the end of the day, i want a B, but my essays are rubbish, my oral went pretty good and my listening and reading marks are always really good, translation is average but ESSAYS :'( i might start just memorising loads of paragraphs, anyone else in the same boat?

And yes i have misspelt my name.. This is how silly i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schausspiele)
    My teacher has only told us to study the book! (Der Vorleser) but i prefer the DDR to be honest
    At the end of the day, i want a B, but my essays are rubbish, my oral went pretty good and my listening and reading marks are always really good, translation is average but ESSAYS :'( i might start just memorising loads of paragraphs, anyone else in the same boat?

And yes i have misspelt my name.. This is how silly i am
    You can send your essays to me or post them here an I'll mark them for you if you want

ReputationRep:
    my essays manage to bring my mark back the majority of the time, Iv'e written so many they're practically engrained into my head

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else wondering why the A* boundaries are so ridiculous - 104/110 last year! Pretty hard not to lose 6 marks on the essay forget the rest of the paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoona123456)
    SOunds great! I'm doing Das Leben der Anderen for the film and Damals War es Friedrich for book. I'm also focussing on the film x
    We studied Das Leben der Anderen too! im doing that instead of the book because there's so much you can talk about and I thought the film was really good too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dill1996)
    Anyone else wondering why the A* boundaries are so ridiculous - 104/110 last year! Pretty hard not to lose 6 marks on the essay forget the rest of the paper!
    the grade boundaries are ridiculous! considering only 4,000 people do german a level as well, must be the fluents that are bringing the marks up! i'm doing der besuch der alten dame and the time period 1945-1990 but will most likely 100% answer the essay on the play! anyone else doing der besuch?

ReputationRep:
    They're making the paper harder this year apparently, to make it easier for them to give out more A*'s and get a better range of results... worrying that that's going to make it harder to get an A though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ES123456)
    They're making the paper harder this year apparently, to make it easier for them to give out more A*'s and get a better range of results... worrying that that's going to make it harder to get an A though
    Does this mean the grade boundaries are lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstymann14)
    We studied Das Leben der Anderen too! im doing that instead of the book because there's so much you can talk about and I thought the film was really good too!
    Honestly, I love the film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leanne1455)
    Does this mean the grade boundaries are lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm guessing so yeah, but obviously marks will be lower as well

ReputationRep:
    I think there is mean to be more of a gap between higher grades this year rather than something stupid like 7 marks between grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ES123456)
    They had to rewrite the papers because they got stolen so you never know might be easy this year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.