Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    what do u mean by baaam- explodes???
    i have done P7 but i forgot the whole thing!!!!
    Okay so I'm sure you know how a protostar is formed (the cloud of gas collapses on itself and blah blah blah) the protostar continues to collapse, this means there's more pressure inside the core, eventually it collapses so small that the hydrogen nuclei start to fuse together to form helium, this creates so much outward energy that the gravitational collaspe stops. This hydrogen continues to fuse to form helium and keeps releases energy throughout its life, however when it becomes a red giant it starts fusing helium to form heavier elements, etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mar2000)
    rope-6 marks ( I chosed nylon) and you? crude oil 2 or 3 marks?
    i am telling u literally i spent half an hour on the first 2 pages and the first 6 marks qs and afterwards i literally rushed it and cannot remember anything.... u can ask me about the biology; it was better than the chemistry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlucy)
    Geez that sucks big time, don't worry yourself though - if you're an A* student, then the people who are targeted Bs and Cs will have not done as well, the grade boundaries will be very very low! You'll have got your A* I'm sure! Umm literature, a geography SDME and RS x
    I hope so, felt like crying after the exam
    And wow good luck with your exams! How many do you have in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kxylah)
    Okay so I'm sure you know how a protostar is formed (the cloud of gas collapses on itself and blah blah blah) the protostar continues to collapse, this means there's more pressure inside the core, eventually it collapses so small that the hydrogen nuclei start to fuse together to form helium, this creates so much outward energy that the gravitational collaspe stops. This hydrogen continues to fuse to form helium and keeps releases energy throughout its life, however when it becomes a red giant it starts fusing helium to form heavier elements, etc..
    i know this gonna help me with P7 but i dont think we need in P1???
    what grade did u get in P7 unit???

ReputationRep:
    i know this gonna help me with P7 but i dont think we need in P1???
    what grade did u get in P7 unit???
    Yeah in p1 you only need to know that hydrogen nuclei fuse to make helium which releases loads of energy. That's the source of the Sun's energy.

In my mock I got an A*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah in p1 you only need to know that hydrogen nuclei fuse to make helium which releases loads of energy. That's the source of the Sun's energy.

In my mock I got an A*
    good girl i guess
    take an advise from meee.... dont pretend that u are doing bad in ur exams u will get an A*'s in exam so dont pretend that ur exams arent going well

ReputationRep:
    good girl i guess
    Haha I love physics!
    What grade are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I love physics!
    haha.... an A* because last mock i got an A* and that was a miracle BELIEVE ME!!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I love physics!
    whats your real name if u dont mind telling me and also where do u live if u dont mind telling me???

ReputationRep:
    whats your real name if u dont mind telling me and also where do u live if u dont mind telling me???
    Kaylee, and I live in Essex

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't worry about it it'll be fine! I did triple science last year and I thought I had done rubbish in my chemistry exam but I ended up getting 47/60! The exam boards are very lienient for Science exams and your grades, if at all, won't suffer much. Last year I got a B in my coursework/experiment, yet for my exams I got a D in biology and chemistry and an E in physics. I got a C overall ;-) If it makes you feel any better at all, I think I just failed my English Lit AS exam.... :-\ but trying your best is the only thing that counts. When is GCSE exam results day this year? I know that A Levels is August 13th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MinionRelated)
    Hey, don't worry about it it'll be fine! I did triple science last year and I thought I had done rubbish in my chemistry exam but I ended up getting 47/60! The exam boards are very lienient for Science exams and your grades, if at all, won't suffer much. Last year I got a B in my coursework/experiment, yet for my exams I got a D in biology and chemistry and an E in physics. I got a C overall ;-) If it makes you feel any better at all, I think I just failed my English Lit AS exam.... :-\ but trying your best is the only thing that counts. When is GCSE exam results day this year? I know that A Levels is August 13th.
    it's 20th of august!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MinionRelated)
    OMG... u failed in coursework... and u got c i guess overall (plus exams and ur coursework grade)... but what r u doing in A levels???

ReputationRep:
    Kaylee, and I live in Essex
    Kaylee!!! hmmm doesnt sounds an indian name but oh well..... essex isn't far do u play badminton?? because i had some tournaments in essex

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

So sorry to hear about what happened- I have problems with timing also :/. I spend wayyy to much time at the beginning and leave myself no time for the end. I also found the test relatively difficult and I'm sure most people did. It's not the end of the world if you fail this test- plus, you say you're brilliant at physics so just focus on that and make sure you achieve the grade you want! .

ReputationRep:
    Kaylee!!! hmmm doesnt sounds an indian name but oh well..... essex isn't far do u play badminton?? because i had some tournaments in essex
    Haha I get that all the time. My last name is patel sooo that makes up for it lool
    and nope i'm terrible at sports! where abouts do you like??

ReputationRep:
    Haha I get that all the time. My last name is patel sooo that makes up for it lool
    yeah petal sounds an indian name anyway i live in ipswich so its close to essex overall we both are in suffolk area anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'Chris')
    Hey!

So sorry to hear about what happened- I have problems with timing also :/. I spend wayyy to much time at the beginning and leave myself no time for the end. I also found the test relatively difficult and I'm sure most people did. It's not the end of the world if you fail this test- plus, you say you're brilliant at physics so just focus on that and make sure you achieve the grade you want! .
    me and physics!!!! we arent good couple... but anyway lets pray and really wanted to make best out of it

ReputationRep:
    i am a bit confused with this qs...
    explain why we see stars and galaxis as they were in the past?????
    P1

ReputationRep:
    i am a bit confused with this qs...
    explain why we see stars and galaxis as they were in the past?????
    P1
    It takes a long time for the light to reach us so by the time it reaches us, we will see the star as how it was when the light started to travel towards us..
    if that made sense

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.