Turn on thread page Beta

20th May: Open Surgery - problems and worries watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedon12345)
    i just failed my c2 maths today. possible D grade for AS maths. i dont know what to do anymore as i was aiming for an A. but the exam questions was completely different all the past paper questions. any advice? plus my parents will probably crucify me on results day
    me too core 2 was horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedon12345)
    i just failed my c2 maths today. possible D grade for AS maths. i dont know what to do anymore as i was aiming for an A. but the exam questions was completely different all the past paper questions. any advice? plus my parents will probably crucify me on results day
    You probably did better than you though, precise everyone make a mistake ( i miscopied the log 6 marks question and probablu other random mistake too). So, all you can do now is to for get about it and learn from your mistake and make sure that your S1 or M 1 or D1 are out of standing ( and your othe exams of course). You will be suprise in the Result day Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevqw)
    me too core 2 was horrible
    You might did better than you think! Think in this way: not just only you that found it difficult or make a silly mistake, everyone else (in my school did it as well and other people) and I did it as well. So the grade boundary might be a little bit lower Be positive and good luck with your other exam!

I'm really worried about my upcoming a level exams. I've got the next two weeks to revise but during the days I will have to keep leaving the house for errands which will break up my revision. Any advice for more exam confidence and working my revision around my days when i am busy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm really worried about my upcoming a level exams. I've got the next two weeks to revise but during the days I will have to keep leaving the house for errands which will break up my revision. Any advice for more exam confidence and working my revision around my days when i am busy?
    If you really think that you will run out of times, the best thing to is to look back the topics that you are not understand or not good at. Also, you could go over past papers and mark scheme. You could make some flesh card and bring it with you to revise when you are out and about. Finally JUST BE POSITIVE - THINK HOW DO YOU WANT TO FEEL IN THE RESULT DAY!

ReputationRep:
    I want to ask about the unwritten rules and social etiquette of exams. How many times am I allowed to cough before I have to hold it in, or leave the exam room? What about blowing your nose or sneezing? Is it OK to cry? What's a good amount of time to still be writing after the invigilator says "stop writing" as long as you do it discreetly - 5 seconds? 10 seconds? Can I complain there is an extenuating circumstance if there is a ridiculously attractive girl near me and I can't concentrate?

(Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week, the Surgery is Open for you to ask us anything! Do you have any problems, worries or questions that you want to ask the Surgery team? If so, post them here!

If you want to be on the show, please let us know on your post, and one of the team will get in touch!

I'm currently studying and revising a lot for my A level exams that are coming up. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now and at the start things were great, we were constantly smiling and laughing but now he seems to have completely changed. He constantly tells me that I'm boring and he doesn't find anything good about me anymore, although when I do try to speak to him he's always distant and on his phone which he's very secretive about. He says that I'm using my exams as an excuse to be moody, but obviously as any student knows I'm under a lot of stress and am just working hard to get myself a good future. I love him and I know that we're only young being 19 but I can't see myself without him I just don't know what to do as his constant remarks about me being boring and hurtful words are really starting to bring me down and are making me unable to concentrate for my exams. Any suggestions?

(Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week, the Surgery is Open for you to ask us anything! Do you have any problems, worries or questions that you want to ask the Surgery team? If so, post them here!

If you want to be on the show, please let us know on your post, and one of the team will get in touch!

I'm currently studying and revising a lot for my A level exams that are coming up. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now and at the start things were great, we were constantly smiling and laughing but now he seems to have completely changed. He constantly tells me that I'm boring and he doesn't find anything good about me anymore, although when I do try to speak to him he's always distant and on his phone which he's very secretive about. He says that I'm using my exams as an excuse to be moody, but obviously as any student knows I'm under a lot of stress and am just working hard to get myself a good future. I love him and I know that we're only young being 19 but I can't see myself without him I just don't know what to do as his constant remarks about me being boring and hurtful words are really starting to bring me down and are making me unable to concentrate for my exams. Any suggestions?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.