Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSeriki_)
    haha no its out of 45!! its out of 45 for each question total marks is 90
    ohhh dear i'm talking about the wrong exam...sorry...please ignore everything i've said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Sorry, didn't see the other reply

Question 5 was easier to talk about because 'Laughter' is so different to the other poems. To be fair the poems needed for question 4 I didn't revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah ikr
    question 4 was a bit ambiguous but i revised more on Stafford girls high because i had a strange feeling that it would come up just because its the longest poem and the last one hahah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    ohhh dear i'm talking about the wrong exam...sorry...please ignore everything i've said
    its cool no worries

ReputationRep:
    I was told that the laughter poem wouldn't be named and I was clueless to what sisterhood consists of haha

Section A, however, was glorious

ReputationRep:
    Section A went fairly well, hardly wrote about the extract on it's self though, but feel like I did some good links.
    What even was section B? For feminine gospels my teacher told us they weren't allowed to name Laughter of Stafford Girls High because its too long to analyse:/

ReputationRep:
    I felt that Section A went better, I like my links but I'm not sure if they were strong enough. Section B was a disaster I didn't leave myself enough time for it and it felt rushed, also one of my English teachers didn't go over that part of the paper with us so we were going in blind. I don't hold much hope for results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSeriki_)
    ooo i cant help you on that one hhaha, is that Maya Angelou? because i did Carol Ann Duffy
    ... No? I have no idea who that is. But I did do Carol Ann Duffy, The Glass Menagerie and Girl With a Pearl Earring for my coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    sorry yeah hahaha i'm all hyper so idk what im even saying lol
    I was too after the exam, haha I think it's because you go crazy with all the interpretations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I was too after the exam, haha I think it's because you go crazy with all the interpretations.
    completely, head's full of nonsense!

ReputationRep:
    Laughter of Stafford girls high hasn't come up in the past so it was very likely to come up this year especially seeing as it was our last exam of the struggle for identity. I'm glad you found section A good, what did you link it to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancienthistory)
    I was told that the laughter poem wouldn't be named and I was clueless to what sisterhood consists of haha

Section A, however, was glorious
    The laughter of Stafford girls high has never come up in the past so it was likely to come up this year, I'm glad you found section A good, what did you link it to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxrach)
    Section A went fairly well, hardly wrote about the extract on it's self though, but feel like I did some good links.
    What even was section B? For feminine gospels my teacher told us they weren't allowed to name Laughter of Stafford Girls High because its too long to analyse:/
    Yeaa that exam was slightly dodgy the extract didn't give enough for good analysis you had to reallllllyyy juice it out. And section B our teachers predicted that it would come up, so you did question 4 I presume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockworkPaws)
    ... No? I have no idea who that is. But I did do Carol Ann Duffy, The Glass Menagerie and Girl With a Pearl Earring for my coursework.
    Which collection did you study ? We did feminine gospels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaay_)
    The laughter of Stafford girls high has never come up in the past so it was likely to come up this year, I'm glad you found section A good, what did you link it to?
    My teacher was misinformed that it wouldn't be used as a named poem, I think a few centres were at some teacher training

I linked it to (may sound bad)
    -A Woman Of No Importance, Wilde (female oppression)
    -Refugee Blues, W.H. Auden (hypocricy)
    -The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald (contrasts drive for female rights)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3330249
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the weird extract on eminent victorians and tennyson it was so hard! I couldn't think of any wider reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancienthistory)
    My teacher was misinformed that it wouldn't be used as a named poem, I think a few centres were at some teacher training

I linked it to (may sound bad)
    -A Woman Of No Importance, Wilde (female oppression)
    -Refugee Blues, W.H. Auden (hypocricy)
    -The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald (contrasts drive for female rights)
    They sound like good links I think you did well!! All we can do is wait for results day , good luck !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2015

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.