Turn on thread page Beta

I broke up with my boyfriend today and he offended me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrie Lyons)
    Doesn't it seem cruel to you to break up with someone and then want them to be hurt, to be annoyed when they aren't. It's called schadenfreude, taking pleasure in other people's pain.
    Or they are just surprised because she thought that he would have shown a reaction if he loved her. Would you really expect your partner to just go 'k' if you broke up with them? That's why people ask how to break up with someone nicely because they presume beforehand that their partner will get upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuckMeBeautiful)
    Or they are just surprised because she thought that he would have shown a reaction if he loved her. Would you really expect your partner to just go 'k' if you broke up with them? That's why people ask how to break up with someone nicely because they presume beforehand that their partner will get upset.
    Not only would I not be surprised, I would want them to say that. Wanting them to suffer is simply malicious.

also, even if someone is hurt I don't think they should show it at all, if you can't keep the girl at least keep your dignity. Don't let someone delight in how much you want them but can't have them.

ReputationRep:
    OP is a harpy and a vain sociopath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzymelonade)
    So I planned to break up with him today and I did it after about 10mins of meeting him at his house. But, he didn't really seem to care and I was incredibly blunt about it and I feel like my ego has been bruised a bit, like am I that insignificant to him?

Anyway this just makes me 10 times more certain that it was the right idea...

Another awkward thing that happened was that on my way home I saw his brother and he smiled at me #awks
    Good that he turned the tables..

ReputationRep:
    haha lol this is funny i remember when my ex broke up with me i just said ok bye and laughed she was so pissed that i didnt care one bit

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.