The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
3 mark questions are always the hardest, so vague
Reply 21
Original post by Alkus16
Do you know what would I need to have got in the exam if i got an a* in the course work and practical section?:smile:

it depends what score you got in practical, i got 48/50 in practical and my teacher told me I needed 65/80 in the test to get an A*.
Reply 22
Original post by saffronlord
But that's not on the specification, you only need to know EPO?

Its in my pe edexcel gcse revision guide
Reply 23
Original post by saffronlord
But that's not on the specification, you only need to know EPO?

It was in the edexcel revision guide :/
Original post by goharis123
For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)

I put peptide hormones as they increase muscle mass whereas narcotic analgesics are pain relievers
Did this last year, good luck everyone.
Original post by Shk
Hi, everyone i took my PE gcse today and i found it really hard! Did anyone else finder it harder or weirder than usual???

Yeah, honestly I found it hard, it was so vague, like the gymnast one, do they really need reaction time and it wasn't clear what they wanted in each question
For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)

Peptide hormones
Reply 28
Original post by Alkus16
Do you know what would I need to have got in the exam if i got an a* in the course work and practical section?:smile:

A* Boundary for last year's exam was 64/80 and for Practical was 47/50.
This year, I imagine the Practical A* mark might stay at 47, maybe increase to 48. The exam's A* boundary will probably decrease to about 62, that exam was of a higher demand than last year's, though it went quite smoothly for me!
Just over 60 marks ☺️
Reply 30
Original post by tahlia_shanay
Yeah, honestly I found it hard, it was so vague, like the gymnast one, do they really need reaction time and it wasn't clear what they wanted in each question

What did you write for why the gymnast needed reaction time one?:smile:
Reply 31
Shk
OP
Peptide hormone
Reply 32
Original post by Muaaz98
A* Boundary for last year's exam was 64/80 and for Practical was 47/50.
This year, I imagine the Practical A* mark might stay at 47, maybe increase to 48. The exam's A* boundary will probably decrease to about 62, that exam was of a higher demand than last year's, though it went quite smoothly for me!

Thank you:smile:
Original post by Katiead
Does anyone know what I would have to get on my theory to get an A if i got 45/50 on my practical/course work?

Around 64 marks for an A☺️
Reply 34
i put narcotic analgesics because he wants to reduce the pain..?
Reply 35
Original post by Rox847

yeah i thought that
Reply 36
Shk
OP
Original post by MØRGS
had to be narcotics, peptide hormones increase oxygen level but weight training is anaerobic exercise, so it's not needed

No the answer was definitely peptide hormones as there are 2 peptide hormones, EPO and HGH which is human growth hormone and that is used to build up muscle mass and therefore improve muscular strength
Reply 37
Original post by Rox847

Yeah I wrote that too, but I thought of Peptide Hormones as EPO (making more blood cells - weightlifters don't need it). Peptide Hormones themselves increase muscle mass, so Narcotics was wrong :*
Reply 38
Shk
OP
What did people put for the priority group question about the agency's to improve physical health?

Peptide Hormones

Quick Reply

Latest