Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, I miss French so much now that I do Spanish hope everyone does well! Good luck~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    I am annoyed as I wanted to study French @ Oxford...predicted As for all of my subjects yet in French the highest grade I got in a mock was just scraping a B it's so discouraging knowing I'm not capable of getting a firm B ugh. It's the words ...you can be asked anything like , "sur le pont" - how does this link to anything I studied?
    Well, the mock's completely different though. When was it? I'm guessing around December/January time, right? The likely thing is that your language skills have developed so much more since then and you're done more practice too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loinducoeur)
    Well, the mock's completely different though. When was it? I'm guessing around December/January time, right? The likely thing is that your language skills have developed so much more since then and you're done more practice too!
    Nope, yesterday haha

ReputationRep:
    Nope, yesterday haha
    Ah, oops. There's still time!!

ReputationRep:
    It's probably too late to ask this, could anyone help me with the reading part of the exam. I dont understand the concept of changing the word so that I'm not copying from the text, do I use a synonym? This question may seem silly but any tips will be well appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phinester)
    It's probably too late to ask this, could anyone help me with the reading part of the exam. I dont understand the concept of changing the word so that I'm not copying from the text, do I use a synonym? This question may seem silly but any tips will be well appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes, use a synonym - rephrase the text simply dont overcomplicate because you are likely to make mistakes (anyone is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmin#2)
    yes, use a synonym - rephrase the text simply dont overcomplicate because you are likely to make mistakes (anyone is)
    When you say rephrase the text do you mean use the question to answer the question? Im definitely over complicating my self, is there any examples you could give me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you say rephrase the text do you mean use the question to answer the question? Im definitely over complicating my self, is there any examples you could give me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, rephrase the section of the text that answers the question in your own words and simply ( i.e if you can answer with one word - do)

e.g quelle est la raison pour le racisme en france il y a 60 ans?

text: le racisme existait a cause de l'ignorance, il n'avait pas des campagnes contre le racisme
    your answer: le manque d'education des gens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmin#2)
    yeah, rephrase the section of the text that answers the question in your own words and simply ( i.e if you can answer with one word - do)

e.g quelle est la raison pour le racisme en france il y a 60 ans?

text: le racisme existait a cause de l'ignorance, il n'avait pas des campagnes contre le racisme
    your answer: le manque d'education des gens
    Thank you this was really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you this was really helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no worries good luck for thursday

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared about the essays...really hoping for les traditions to show up. I'm so vague when it comes to les drogues/manger sain

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when was the last time les traditions showed up?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when was the last time les traditions showed up?
    I think it was May 2012, but I could be wrong.

For some reason, I think 'l'alcool chez les jeunes', 'la mode', 'l'education' et maybe 'les traditions' might come up. I'm worried about the essay part, but we can only do our best right?!

Is anyone thinking of doing the essay first, instead of tackling the paper chronologically? I'm unsure what to do

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=09cbail1;56020139]I think it was May 2012, but I could be wrong.

I always do the essay first. I'm so scared about what it is going to be. Really want la mode or les traditions to show up. Les responsabilités wouldn't be bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09cbail1)
    I think it was May 2012, but I could be wrong.

For some reason, I think 'l'alcool chez les jeunes', 'la mode', 'l'education' et maybe 'les traditions' might come up. I'm worried about the essay part, but we can only do our best right?!

Is anyone thinking of doing the essay first, instead of tackling the paper chronologically? I'm unsure what to do
    I look at the options for the essay first, and then start the paper. It gives me time to think about the essay! Ideally, you should spend 1h10m on the essay (including 10mins for planning), 20 minutes for listening, and then an hour for the reading.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me if they know what I need in my essay plan to actually get marks? I'm resitting this paper and usually just make scruffy notes (that get no marks!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_Parv)
    Can anyone tell me if they know what I need in my essay plan to actually get marks? I'm resitting this paper and usually just make scruffy notes (that get no marks!)
    My teacher has always said essay plans don't get marks, no matter how good they are.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how everyone is so calm haha I'm here crying

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I think i'm getting confused with the A2 essays then, there's usually 5 marks for them (at least from my experience)

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how everyone is so calm haha I'm here crying
    You'll be fine! I don't know if I've asked before, but how was your speaking?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.