Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah second was OR because it did not want you to change the other values.

Yeah I just drew 1 NPN MOSFET and reverse diode for that I had no clue what to do though. First year without a H-Bridge and they through that in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jae578)
    Good luck

EDIT: How did it go I thought the first few pages were really tricky even the programming in regards to the questions where it gave you 3 lines to write.. I wrote something like:
    I wrote the same. A few questions were weird but overall nice
    MORW PORTB
    AND 0X01
    JPZ label
    Overall the paper was nice I wrote the same but instead of Port B I worte tris B and a few questions were weird but okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JVSAIL)
    Yeah second was OR because it did not want you to change the other values.

Yeah I just drew 1 NPN MOSFET and reverse diode for that I had no clue what to do though. First year without a H-Bridge and they through that in
    Yea I done the same, god knows what circuit I made for that question but it sure as hell wasn't right lol.

Anyone know what the highest the grade boundary for an A has ever been and do you guys think there have been easier papers in the past, I think I would say there has been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanyyt)
    First one was

MOVRW PORTA
    AND 0X01
    JPZ (label)

Second one was

MOVRW PORTB
    OR 0X08
    MOVWR PORTB
    urgh, I put XOR :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any suggestions as to what may come on in ELEC5?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any suggestions as to what may come on in ELEC5?
    I'm not sure, my biggest issue is ELEC5 and C4 on the same day!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, my biggest issue is ELEC5 and C4 on the same day!
    I have one of my larger science units the following day, its so frustrating, wish everyone good luck for their exams this week and ELEC5. (:

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper so hard!

I lost a lot of marks literally maybe 25-30 I know I lost just walking right out the exam, mostly due to lack of revision, for someone who revised the last two pages of the ELEC 5 booklet I would imagine this paper was a dream.

ReputationRep:
    I found that paper so hard!

I lost a lot of marks literally maybe 25-30 I know I lost just walking right out the exam, mostly due to lack of revision, for someone who revised the last two pages of the ELEC 5 booklet I would imagine this paper was a dream.
    I found it a breeze tbh

ReputationRep:
    I found it a breeze tbh
    What did you put for the bandwidth using the graph one of the last questions..

I didn't know if it meant voltage bandwidth as on 0.7 of 500mV or bandwidth between the min and max frequency. : /

ReputationRep:
    I went for max min frequency but not 100% sure

ReputationRep:
    I also use reviseomatic but even then there is some sections that are on that site not in the support book and vice versa.

ohh well keep at it, hopefully tomorrows paper is a nice one, good luck! (:
    Sorry for the bump, but which support booklets are you referring to?

I'm currently studying A Level electronics and have only been able to use reviseomatic and my class notes as revision resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarRPM)
    Sorry for the bump, but which support booklets are you referring to?

I'm currently studying A Level electronics and have only been able to use reviseomatic and my class notes as revision resources.

This website has them:
    http://www.ikes.freeserve.co.uk/menu.htm

ReputationRep:
    This website has them:
    http://www.ikes.freeserve.co.uk/menu.htm
    Thanks a lot for providing the link, but to access any of the content it says I need to purchase the CD.

Does the CD contain all the content that is shown on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarRPM)
    Thanks a lot for providing the link, but to access any of the content it says I need to purchase the CD.

Does the CD contain all the content that is shown on the website?
    You shouldn't need to buy the CD. Just click on which unit you want, then click which area or the text book bit

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't need to buy the CD. Just click on which unit you want, then click which area or the text book bit
    Ah sorry I was clicking the wrong links on the website. Thanks for the info mate you've helped me a lot, was finding it difficult to find A level electronics resources online.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.