https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvRlQRVpghg

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaikum

Have you joined TSR Islamic Society?

Here it is : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=29

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    Are you Sunni, Shia, or any other denomination?

ReputationRep:
    why do you believe christianity is wrong?

If you think Christianity is wrong would you accept if a Christian thought Islam was wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m-hussain)
    Sunni? Shia? Tbh i dnt really know the full meaning of these and what they exactly follow....im told im a sunni....I just follow the quran and the sayings of the prophet
    It's basically how many Caliphs you believe in and whether you follow Ali or not, as Shia means follower of Ali.

ReputationRep:

Cool.

ReputationRep:
    Please be nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you agree with your prophet that people who apostate from Islam should be killed?

Do you agree that Muslim men should be allowed to strike their wives if they fear disobedience from them, as stated in verse 4.34?

Do you agree that people who don't believe in Islam (like me) are 'the worst of animals' (verse 8.55)?

Do you think that if you make it to Jannah, Allah will reward you with at least two wives and lots of transparent virgins to have sex with?

Do you think it's fair that Muslim men can marry up to four women while Muslim women can only marry one man?

Do you think it's fair that Muslim men can marry chaste 'people of the book', i.e. Jews and Christians, while Muslim women can only marry Muslim men? (And please don't bother giving me the Islamic 'justification' for the last two points, I've read it a million times. I want your opinion.)

I just cant believe a man (human being) can be god......humans have deficiencies.....God has none watsovere.....I believe he is a prophet who has not felt death rather rose to paradise and will one day return then die.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If by a human being you mean Jesus, that's who Christians believe is the son of God, not God himself

ReputationRep:
    I think i learnt a little bout them but ill try search on google latrr
    Be careful with that, there's a lot of stuff on the web, a lot of crazy stuff lol. It's best to just ask someone I think.

Next question, as a South Asian Muslim what do you think of Muslims from other countries?

ReputationRep:
    Before I start I just want to reassure you that I am going to remain honest through all my answers.

I was born in a muslim family, so I was raised as a muslim, but I wasn't really religious until I became about 16. That's when I became more curious about the purpose of life and religion. I started to question why is my religion Islam and not another such as Christianity.

So I gained knowledge of the concept of God in the major religions whilst still being muslim, having no doubt that there is one God. I think what gave me more firm belief was when I started to read the translation of the quran. Everything just adds up to me and I stop feeling the need to question whats in the Qur'an. And then I learnt arabic which made me gain a deeper understanding.

Hope that answers your question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. Have you read the bible and what do you think of Jesus.

Tbh i was really confused with the concept in christianity especially with the....god....son of god....and holy ghost....i dnt believe that God will bear (not sure if that was spelt correctly) children. Who do christians believe god is? Iyo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not Christian so it doesn't make sense to me either Basically Jesus was believed to be the spirit form of God, born through the Virgin Mary. Jesus did exist, even if he wasn't the son of God.

Like I said I'm not Muslim or Christian so I can't know for sure but I'm pretty certain both believe in the same omnipotent, omnipresent God, but Christians think God has different values to Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    Cool story bro
    Its a true story

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe in the killing of homosexuals?

Do you believe in the killing of those who leave the religion Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i was really confused with the concept in christianity especially with the....god....son of god....and holy ghost....i dnt believe that God will bear (not sure if that was spelt correctly) children. Who do christians believe god is? Iyo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Father, Son and Holy spirit = God (3 in one). E.g Water has three forms ( Solid ,Liquid and Gas)

Christians and Jews worship the God of Israel.

ReputationRep:
    What do i think of other muslims??? Emm could u be more specific please....u mean like their personality?
    Just wondering if you had any stereotypes about other muslims? Like Arab Muslims?

ReputationRep:
    Wow lol sorry this is quite long to answer....i will try my best later ....i hope u dont seek like a scholars answer from me i did go into depth about the apostate killing and women beating in my school.....ill check out the worst of animals verse later and the other points.....sorry i just dnt wanna giv u a sumd up 1 sentence answer....hope u dont mind me takin some mor time to answer later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's fine, take all the time you need. I'm interested in your opinion, not what scholars say.

A couple more questions that occurred to me:

What's your opinion of Muhammad marrying Aisha when she was 6 and consummating the marriage when she was 9?

Do you think it's fair and reasonable that countless billions of people will be tortured for all eternity by Allah because they're not Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think women should wear the hijab/burqa?

ReputationRep:
    Water has three forms??? U mean ice ...water and vapour....when ice is ice, its ice and not liquid nor gas...atleast i dnt think so...crrect me if im wrong....what i mean is god is always god.....not sure if i made the post clear...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is the parallel they are making.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2015
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.