Turn on thread page Beta

If someone ***** up their life do they have nobody to blame bit themselves? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    So you're saying physical health problems > mental ones?

I call absolute bull****. :poo:
    Haha, definately not. What I was implying is that, if your physically "well", you can get through any problems that may come at you.

Don't get the wrong idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamAndToast)
    Haha, definately not. What I was implying is that, if your physically "well", you can get through any problems that may come at you.

Don't get the wrong idea.
    If I'm getting the wrong idea then frankly I have no idea what your point is. Mental health problems are not a physical health issue, but they're equally important and debilitating. I read your comment as being 'if you're not physically ill, you're basically fine (meaning MH problems don't count).' Are you saying instead that 'as long as you have no problems then you have no problems?'
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Depends on the situation.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    they should go learn english first
    :teehee: Was waiting for someone to realise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    :teehee: Was waiting for someone to realise
    you have no idea lol... you just repped me and i got my 6th gem thanks!! imma rep you back
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    you have no idea lol... you just repped me and i got my 6th gem thanks!! imma rep you back
    Thank you :five: And you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamAndToast)
    If you end up messing up your own life because of something of the past then that's completely your fault. We've all been through something, some had it worse, but in the end if your physical well-being is fine, then there's always that chance that you can get out of any problems that you may be having mentally, and that is something that you must deal with yourself.
    If someone had a traumatic childhood and they life is a mess from the mental effects of that- are they still the ones to blame for that?

Some people would say yes others would say no.

ReputationRep:
    To an extent for example if you choose not to bother in school have no qualifications end up with no money and decide to mix with the wrong people resulting in immoral behaviour then yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngb9320)
    Or should other factors be taking into consideration.
    Just like we should leave Africa, and not give aid - they can build their own economies, we should let the retards of society take themselves out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngb9320)
    If someone had a traumatic childhood and they life is a mess from the mental effects of that- are they still the ones to blame for that?

Some people would say yes others would say no.
    No, ofc they won't be. But as time goes on, the pain should ease and even then, their are still some people that are affected 20 years down the line. It will have an effect on them, that's for sure, but as time goes on and even if it still does alter the way they act, it shouldn't effect their overall life.

But hey, there are various extreme situations in which someone could be in, and unless we've been through those 'experience' ourselves, we have no right to judge whether or not whose fault it is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.