ReputationRep:
    Tss.. another one bites the dust!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rufflin)
    Hanafi, and Sunni.
    Were u a sufi ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zk98)
    Do your parents know you no longer follow the religion of islam, and if so how did they react
    Nope, they have no clue. I think they would react in an extreme manner i.e. make me leave home, if I was to tell them. If I do tell them, it'd probably be when I've finished university and got my own place to live. The thing is, a lot of my social interactions are based around/have the common aspect of Islam; my entire family/95% of my friends are Muslim, so telling anybody would be quite a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly, not as much as I expected. I guess it's the constant conditioning of having to act in a certain way (adopting fardh/following the sunnah). I don't ever look at labels for non-halal ingredients anymore, but I haven't told any friends/family yet and I still live at home so I eat pretty much the same things I ate before.
    So you still wear Islamic clothings and go to the Mosque on eid? If you dont mind me asking.. whats your Ethnicity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    :woo:YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAY :woo:

:ymca:

I agree! y the pig hate yo? :cry2:
    Shout it from the mountain tops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Were u a sufi ?
    Nah, I never was a Sufi (just never accepted that from the start), but my dad is.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I never was a Sufi (just never accepted that from the start), but my dad is.
    y did u remian hanafi ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra96)
    So you still wear Islamic clothings and go to the Mosque on eid? If you dont mind me asking.. whats your Ethnicity

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I just go to the uni prayer hall on Friday's, so I don't wear it then. I think I wore a Jubbah to Jummah in the holidays one time. To your second question, Eid hasn't come past since I've left Islam. And I am of Indian descent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    y did u remian hanafi ?
    Just agreed with the ideology of the Hanafi school of thought at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just go to the uni prayer hall on Friday's, so I don't wear it then. I think I wore a Jubbah to Jummah in the holidays one time. To your second question, Eid hasn't come past since I've left Islam. And I am of Indian descent.
    Okay so going to the Mosque in holidays is understandable. But why when your at uni? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you eat pork or try alcohol then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra96)
    Okay so going to the Mosque in holidays is understandable. But why when your at uni? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Friends/my Muslim cousin. I have a lecture right before Friday prayers, so all my friends/cousin go then so I tag along for the 5/10 minutes. It's not a big deal for me to go there, so yeah. I may stop after this academic year, though.

Have you ever had doubts about Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they have no clue. I think they would react in an extreme manner i.e. make me leave home, if I was to tell them. If I do tell them, it'd probably be when I've finished university and got my own place to live. The thing is, a lot of my social interactions are based around/have the common aspect of Islam; my entire family/95% of my friends are Muslim, so telling anybody would be quite a big deal.
    I think you should tell your mum and dad, they might be ashamed and what not but its a matter of integrity and honesty. Besides if you do get forced out your home, good ol Cameron will 'elp you out (haha, good luck). Joking aside, I do believe that your mum and dad will find it easier to 'forgive' you if you were honest about your feelings currently, rather than later; as they might see this as such a threat to their beliefs as you have clearly stated previously.

Have you thought about asking the questions that have made you leave Islam onto forums or your local Mosque - I'm sure they'd up for a good theological debate

Despite this, wish you well and good luck to continuing your life without Islam

ReputationRep:
    What does your family think of the kafir?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K K)
    Would you eat pork or try alcohol then?
    I've tried alcohol since leaving, I had 3 Jagerbomb shots (Jagermeister/Red Bull). Tasted like medicine, but the feeling was cool; didn't feel guilty at all, which was relieving. Pork, would probably try it. Haven't thought too much about it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Friends/my Muslim cousin. I have a lecture right before Friday prayers, so all my friends/cousin go then so I tag along for the 5/10 minutes. It's not a big deal for me to go there, so yeah. I may stop after this academic year, though.

Have you ever had doubts about Islam?
    Nope not really. I hope I never get to the point of having doubts either though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The idea of pre-determination is not one that what you decide has already been decided and you have no free will of your own. Basically, God created us with free will and he is out of time and space; therefore, he can see the future so what is written is your own decisions in the future. God is in the future and the past and the present as he does not have boundaries of time and space. Hope this helps you understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do find baby pigs adorable. It's weird, when I was younger I was taught about how disgusting a creature it is and we must never eat pork, but that lamb/chicken were cool. Y the pig hate yo?
    Lol the anti-pig propaganda is pretty rife. Forbidding the consumption of pork is one thing (even though there is no logical reason to do so), but it's essentially become an irrational aversion.

ReputationRep:
    Well done. You are now truly free to make your own decisions for yourself using your moral code rather than submission to an ancient theology. If there is an afterlife I believe that Kafir would probably have an easier time getting into it because the decisions they made were not out of fear for consequence but out of the act of doing something good for no other reason than it being good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmad97h)
    The idea of pre-determination is not one that what you decide has already been decided and you have no free will of your own. Basically, God created us with free will and he is out of time and space; therefore, he can see the future so what is written is your own decisions in the future. God is in the future and the past and the present as he does not have boundaries of time and space. Hope this helps you understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. An omniscient agent means that everything is destined to occur, so freewill is fake and illusory. So in this case, God created people knowing an infinite time in advance that they will end up in hell anyway.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.