Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samistrawberry)
    You won't get 2 hours in the exam though :/
    So how many points should ido?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamillatijani)
    So how many points should ido?
    Ideally 3 with an intro and conclusion but I can never manage to do 3 so I do 2 with an intro and conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    i know that you would have sat this exam a long time ago. I but i was just interested to find out what mark you received for this piece of work

ReputationRep:
    okay. white people suck

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic work lad, well done! you really deserve an A*. just sort out the spelling.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any key points on the analysis of how are the birlings essentially presented in the play? With explained quotations and such? Because I want to reach that A* level so I need to put in some good points for practice studying, even though it's not my actual exam yet.

Also, I would like to know what grade/mark you got for this great piece of work, if it's possible, just to see what the exam board expects.

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is amazing

ReputationRep:
    Thank u so much for this. This has really helped me with my English essay as if I didn't find this then I would have struggled quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic

ReputationRep:
    this will save me, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1gg3r)
    okay. white people suck
    **** off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theama)
    Waaayyyyyyyy tooooooo loooonnnnngggggggg. Seriously, it should be like a third of that!
    No where close to grade 7.
    The whole point of the English literature exam is to see if you know how to analyse it. Just reading the start of your paragraph and skimming through, you DIDN'T have a line of argument which came off as amazing or interesting, too much grammatical errors and just generic ideas of Mr Birling.

Stick to one amazing idea, it can be a sentence or two, link every paragraph back to it with flawless grammar and coherent writing. This exam is percentage based and 5-6 paragraphs isn't gonna get you an A*. English has never been about quantity, its about quality.
    Obviously have some generic ideas but make them into your own, don't regurgitate what most people write

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in Yr 9 and I am also doing an English exam on this exact question. First of all, this was really good. the use of quotations alone can assure you a safe grade. However, do look over your spelling as apparently spelling, grammar and punctuation takes up a percentage of your final mark. as for time saving techniques, you ought to consider planning your points and maybe even consider cutting down on what you write. Please do not misquote me, your attempt was spectacular but I feel you gave more information than required to explain your point.

ReputationRep:
    you could write faster if you want to finish it quicker, great essay though.

ReputationRep:
    you is bare sick bruv ting wanna get a cheeky nandos with ma mandem and smoke a fat one at my crib

ReputationRep:
    Very helpful 🙌🏼💯
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    teacher thoroughly marked this (passed this off as mine for homework but fixed the spag)

she graded it a 6c in new gces, so a low B, bearing in mind this is with improved spag.

she said something like good, original ideas but need to elaborate more pull the quote apart and ****.

ReputationRep:
    omggg thanks soooo much xxx

ReputationRep:
    thats really good yno ur structural writing devices are used in a prompt way im guessing u did really well hopefully xo

ReputationRep:
    Spell Priestley right.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.